Minor/Repaint: Seige Megatron

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Arkmana, Dec 16, 2018.

1. THE 1

THE 1 GUNFIGHTER

Ok, so I finally got my hands on Seige Megatron and I have to say, "I'm impressed." His size is actually perfect for my needs. He is the same height as my Classics Prime. I completely thought he would be significantly smaller. So, even though your mod is a really good one.... I will not have to emulate it. Thanks again for the inspiration.

2. Arkmana

Arkmana Well-Known Member

Your welcome!

It does change the height a bit, but I felt it was a worthwhile trade off for the stumpy proportions.

• Like Like x 1
  3. THE 1

THE 1 GUNFIGHTER

You are correct about the stumpiness of his torso. He's got a lot of leg and not as much upper body. He definitely could use some more height in that area. However, I was just pleased that he scaled so well against Classics Prime as most of the figures in this line are too small for my taste.

• Like Like x 1
  4. trence5

trence5 Well-Known Member

any chance of you putting this up on shapeways? My sculpting skills is lacking.

• Like Like x 1
  5. andrws2

andrws2 Well-Known Member

h

This, plus the thigh extension and hopefully a mod to extend the neck will make it a good size for MP10V.

6. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    this looks pretty good congrats on the mod.

7. peteynorth

peteynorth TFW2005 Supporter

This is perfect! As others have noted (and you as well), Megatron’s legs are fine, it’s his lower torso that’s too short. There was another waist-extending kitbash using an Alternator Skids waist (and other parts), but that added an inch, which is too much (his limbs just looked stumpy). This adds 1 cm, which is perfect, it makes his torso look much better, it narrows the waist a little (not that he needed that, but it looks better), and puts him at a little over 18cm, the standard Voyager height. No more getting dwarfed by TF Galvatron or other Voyagers that he should be able to stand eye to eye against.

I’d never even heard of milliput, but it seems perfect (and applies to dozens of other non-toy related things I’d like to do around the house). For this did you go with the silver/gray or the white? Also, what glue or techniques did you use when reattaching the connector to the bottom of the milliput block? Anyway, well done, this is the ideal improvement, thanks.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Arkmana

I used the white Milliput because I just happened to have some - but any will do. I imagine "Green Stuff" is similar?

As for the glueing I did drill a hole up through the mushroom peg into the milliput and used part of a jumbo paper clip as a pin. I think I used gorrila glue, just to make sure it was rock solid.

I also made a crappy reqium blaster out of boredom!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  9. gibdozer

gibdozer Censored

Really is a perfect mod for this Megs. I want you to know seeing your custom was my deciding factor on finally purchasing this figure.

• Like Like x 1
  10. badbadryan

badbadryan Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I know this is an old thread but I am finally working on my Megs. How did you remove the mushroom peg? I don't want to lose to much plastic and not have it fit. I am using a Lego part to give the extension I want. Thanks!

11. Arkmana

Just saw it off. It needs to be completely flat for the extender to glue on snuggly.