Seeker Collection

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MetalStorm, Apr 20, 2015.

1. MetalStorm

MetalStorm Click Click Boom!

For those of you who desire to include in their collection, the full line-up of Seekers (Starscream, Thundercracker, Skywarp, Dirge, Ramjet, Thrust, et al.), how do you go about it?

Me, I prefer the main 3, SS, TC, SW, to be all the same mold, as I consider them a tight knit band of brothers, actually I consider all Seekers brothers, but the first 3 are a closer bunch. So I have the first 3 in the FoC mold, mainly due to the difficulty of obtaining a Classics Skywarp.

Thrust, I prefer his ROTF mold, as I am a sucker for the F-35A Lightning II, I find it a far better platform than the F/A-22 Raptor. Dirge, his Generations mold is good, I'm just not crazy about the wings on the legs. I know, I know, it's what he's supposed to look like, but as with Thrust, I prefer his ROTF mold. It still has the wings on the legs, but with the added benefit of being able to fold them back.

Ramjet, poor, poor Ramjet. He hasn't seen a decent toy since Classics. I am in talks with a guy for the, again..ROTF, Voyager figure. I decided to go with the Voyager for two reasons: (1)While Classics Ramjet is not hard to find, he can be pricey. (2)The main reason, as per his bio, Ramjet likes to...well..ram things. That being said, if a bot is going to spend most of his time in combat running into stuff, he's gonna need a body that will support it. Reinforced frame, shocks, shock absorbers, shielding for circuitry, and the like, so getting a Voyager version of him, while the rest of my Seekers are Deluxes, is my way of seeing him as having to be a bigger bot than the standard Seekers, him needing the bigger body to support what he does best.

So, how you all do it? All Seekers same molds? Different characters getting different molds to suit their personality? All same class size, or do they vary?

2. Rapido3

Rapido3 Well-Known Member

I'm still waiting for someone to release voyager sized classic-ish seekers.

3. AlbertVanK

AlbertVanK Un amico italiano

I simply love Seekers.
    I have a small collection and it's mostly MP Seekers.
    I have the Takara and Hasbro versions and some iGear.
    I was fighting with myself to decide which one is the best Starscream.... matter of fact I like them all, but as far as Jet mode and paint Hasbro MP Walmart exclusive SC win this contest, while bets robo mode goes to the iGear PP03 Traitor, sorry Takara you lose :) 

4. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

MP only these days, with iGear versions boosting the ranks:
    - MP-11 unmodified for Starscream, Skywarp & Thundercracker
    - MP-11 with planned modifications for the sort-of-Rainmakers Acid Storm, Sunstorm and whatever will come
    - iGear Coneheads
    - iGear/MP-3 as yet undecided.

I used to have a bunch of classics but I sold all I could (henkei Dirge and botcon Thrust apparently aren't as popular as they once were). Also had a few Cybertron Seekers: GF Starscream, Thrust (repurposed C Starscream), Dirge (universe) and Ramjet (repurposed botcon Starscream) and a few movie figures, but those were all sold as well. I even sold my old G1 seekers, but I kind of regret selling the Coneheads so maybe I'll pick up the new platinum set.

To each his preferences, but I've always felt Hasbro mixed these two up. G1 Thrust (and Armada) was a VTOL jet, and RotF Dirge is a Harrier, a VTOL jet. If I were going to get a movie seeker collection I'd repaint a RotF Dirge into Thrust and turn Breakaway into Dirge (sand colored on top, blue beneath).

5. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    mine

[​IMG]

6. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    I have all 6 of the main classics seekers and the main trio in MP11 form, plus the two Storms. I really wanna get all of the iGear Raptor Squadron, of which I only own the Dirge mold at present.

7. Zendai

Zendai Minicon Addict

I use the classics molds for my seekers.

8. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Hmmm
    From G1:
    I have the anime Starscream, Commemorative Thundercracker and Skywarp and a vintage Ramjet.
    I have two KOs a sunstormy and generic seeker in brittle plastic.

From CHUG:
    I have Starscream, Thundercracker, Acid Storm and the three cone heads.

From MP:
    I have Thundercracker and Skywarp, Acid Storm and Sunstorm. These are the Hasbro releases.

Got some holes here and there and there are many lovely versions to admire.

9. Lantern48

Lantern48 Banned

This box set would be perfect for you if you want the classic seekers in the best versions they've ever been released. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afSFaQ8qL48
    I own it and highly recommend it.

There's also a similar box set for the coneheads: https://www.google.com/search?q=SEE...united-seekers-elites-set%2F26575%2F;1200;895

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers...5_296698037096451_1163077501_n_1351167879.jpg

They all look and work perfectly together.

10. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 PlastiqueBoutique.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Like a boss! :D 

[​IMG]

...well I did it like a boss, they're all on the chopping block now. :( 

11. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    now thtas what i call a seeker collection :D 

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I own all of the Classics Seekers released at retail.

13. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    I prefer all unique molds, like so:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    In my mind the Seekers aren't related (they're neither brothers nor a kind of production line) so them all looking the same doesn't make sense.

On the other hand (and this isn't even including the G2 Ramjet custom I made):
    [​IMG]
    ...but there are quite a few little details that help differentiate them. I don't think I'd be as interested if they all had the exact same expression, chest/leg decals, color layout, etc.

But truth be told I prefer these Seekers:
    [​IMG]

14. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    There are a few Seeker molds I collect, and I will get any and every repaint of them, cartoon appearances all the better, but just as a whole I'm a sucker for repaints.

And yeah, individual molds for the Seekers isn't something I'd like to see. Hell, when have we ever gone where a line had NO remolds/repaints?