Sector 7 In Bumblebee Movie

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by pie125, Sep 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toaprime

toaprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    According to Hasbro this weekend, they are just getting started telling movie stories!

• Like Like x 4
  2. Jumacas

Jumacas Banned

News Credits:
    How about this one? Joke.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  3. Jumacas

Jumacas Banned

News Credits:
    God help us all... :( 

• Like Like x 2
  4. drbeakman

drbeakman Well-Known Member

Oh ok

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  5. AB83Rules

AB83Rules Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Wait I thought people wanted to see a prequel or spin off about or with Sector 7 in it? Now you're all mad. I like this idea, plus the budget is tiny compared to the first 5.

• Like Like x 1
  6. drbeakman

Which "people"?

Seemed like it's pretty unanimous we wanted more transformers less humans

• Like Like x 2
  7. fathi_haziq

fathi_haziq Petrolhead

News Credits:
    Since they're going for the 'Iron Giant' vibe with the movie, unsurprisingly there's gonna be some kind of government agency involved to hunt down Bee. Bringing back Sector 7 is a good way to tie-in with the '07 movie..

8. drbeakman

Nothing is being disrupted, we are staying on topic

Having a negative opinion of something does not = trolling

• Like Like x 2
  9. drbeakman

How about a "transformers" vibe?

What IS a transformers vibe, by the way?

What is the core essence of transformers that seperates it from other robot series?

• Like Like x 2
  10. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

You do want more robot screen time. Most Transformers fans do. I prefer more Transformers focus than less.

However, most members of the general public are not more interested in seeing more robot focus IF there is not much going on with the humans. The average person I talk to wants at least a reasonable amount of focus on the humans. It's far from "unanimous."

I think if Transformers fans talked more with casual movie viewers and non-fans they would realize how different our preferences usually are. If I were Paramount, I would focus more on the tens of millions of people worldwide that watch these movies rather than the thousands of hardcore Transformers fans on sites like these. That's not to say they can't do things that will make Transformers fans enjoy the movies more, but many fan wants are often unrealistic or at odds with what the general public wants.

Back to the thread subject, Sector 7 was my favorite human part of the 2007 film, so I am interested if they actually do something fresh and interesting with the organization and don't just try to recreate 2007 nostalgia. This has me interested.

• Like Like x 4
  11. MetalicGrunt

MetalicGrunt Rust Proof Commando

News Credits:
    I'd venture a guess one of the S-7 agents we see ends up being the senior agent from the 07 Movie who has to brief the SecDef and lower ranking S-7 agents.

The " I'll bet my ridiculous govt salary" guy. Senior Agent Banacheck.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Jumacas

Jumacas Banned

News Credits:
    My experience with casual movie viewers when Transformers is discussed is a 100% consensus that Transformers movies are trash. And as an extention, Transformers is perceived as trash, in general. That is evident in non-transformers pages all over the internet too. It's not something one has to look hard to find. It is commonly acknowledged, almost unanimously. Everywhere. So, as fans of Transformers in general, we want the movies to be received better. Also as fans, we understand many of the strengths of the franchise that made as fans in the first place. Transformers is an authentic and very unique concept, with colourful characters, interesting sci fi ideas, a rich mythology and infinite potential for storytelling. One of the aspects that has, since the beginning been the driving force of the franchise has been that, here, the robots are the characters. They were not sidekicks to humans, or piloted mech suits. They "are intelligent lifeforms, that can think and feel". That is unique as hell. The Bay movies, saw weakness were there was strength and proceeded to attempt to fix something that wasn't broken.

If it hadn't been for some incredible works of fiction since the beginning, that surpassed the purpose of advertising toys and stood on their own as timeless entertainment that gave us memorable characters and imaginative scenarios, then Transformers would have never made passionate fans out of many of us. So, it's only natural, that we'd like to share our passion with the rest of the world, without being thought of as dumb, because of a series of movies that misrepresents our favourite franchise by catering to the lowest common denominator. We simply suggest that the creators of the movies should have a genuine understanding and fondness for the history of the franchise, not unlike the what Marvel Studios is doing. And it will be for the better, for any aspect of the franchise and any fan.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 5
  13. ScientistMan

ScientistMan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  14. fathi_haziq

fathi_haziq Petrolhead

News Credits:
    Oh hi there. Didn't noticed you're in this thread too. Oh well...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  15. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    yeah, i was thinking it looked more TRF than S7.

16. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Cognitive ability of a rock

News Credits:
    But having a negative opinion on something and repeatedly saying the same complaints over and over and not bringing up new or well thought out arguments and saying things that are not true even though you know it does = trolling

• Like Like x 2
  17. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

Yeah, the first four movies were huge financial successes, so they must universally be hated by everyone. :rolleyes: 

Here's a hint (Galvatron homage intended): normal people will always think Transformers is stupid. There is no way to make a movie that critics and wannabe critic hipsters think is not stupid without making major changes to the brand's concepts. Changes much more drastic than anything in Bay's movies.

Yes, and regardless of what you think of the movies' robots and how they are depicted, many of them are clearly thinking and feeling beings.

Optimus and the AoE Autobots? Clearly disgusted by what the humans do to Ratchet and Leadfoot and presumably others. Optimus loses faith in humanity and is tempted to leave Earth forever, but Cade's friendship brings him back.

Megatron? Clearly cares deeply for Cybertron and gets angry when he realizes how much he has fallen, and consequently turns on Sentinel while declaring his own desire to rule Earth.

Bumblebee? Clearly cares for Sam. Clearly has a fragile ego that is shattered when the humans are making "superior" versions of him.

Lockdown? He thinks the Cybertronian civil war has ruined the universe, and he sees it as his duty to hunt down the factions, and he doesn't think much of the universe's other supposedly intelligent species do to their egocentricity and considers their attitudes petty.

Jetfire? Tired of the Deceptions' negativity and decides to switch sides as a result when he hears the Autobots are losing the war in the present.

Transformers was imaginative in some ways, but it wasn't popular because it was the best or even good.

Normal people are always going to think people passionate about fictional robots meant to sell toys are a little out there.

Also, the movies are heavily based on G1 for the most part. Yeah, there are differences in designs, alt modes, and some characters' traits, but overall the films borrow tons of concepts and story ideas from the source material, and the story line of the movie timeline actually parallels G1's in some ways.

The Marvel movies are less like their source material than Bay's Transformers movies. I am no Marvel expert, but I know there are many differences between MCU and the original comic characters and universes.

• Like Like x 3
  18. drbeakman

Bye bye

• Like Like x 1
  19. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yesssss! Bring on young, CGI-faced Simmons! If Marvel can do it, so can we!

• Like Like x 3
  20. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    Yay, less cgi allocated to robot time!

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.