Secret History Trailer

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by John TheDestroyer, May 9, 2017.

1. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    What was destined to arrive could mean anything because it's not like we know what's going on in the movie. And how would they know that the Ark was incoming? You're just assuming that they have scanners built in meant to detect these things when for all we know they had command centres on Cybertron to do that exact job.

2. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Well if there truly is some big secret we don't know about that will cause everything to make sense, then maybe they shouldn't advertise that story with trailers that cause everything to make less sense. These things are specifically designed to make people want to watch the movie and they sure as hell aren't working for me. Also, a command center is exactly what I'm talking about. Why the bloody hell would there be a centuries or even millennia spanning military operation on Earth without any command center? It was believable when the 'Bots were just a rag-tag group of refugees that haven't been here long but this is something bigger. This is something that's been going on forever, like Hopkin's character said.

3. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

If the idea behind the movie is human and cybertronian interaction through history.
    They wouldnt spoil us anything.
    If there is a time traveling sub plot, why would they suddenly spoil it, if it didnt get mentioned to much before.

Another thing. If hotrod also is or was a citroen ds. Then the picture of him in the past is probably to mislead.
    Unless there is a subplot of some of the bots traveling back in time from the present.

Last edited: May 11, 2017
  4. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

It's about what makes the most sense yes? A marketing ploy yes I think a lot of those images are just that. However it's a bit TOO SPECIFIC don't you think? A bit do definite? And it's all purposely at odds with everything they've built the franchise up to be in the first 3 movies, I'm suggesting and thinking it's to do with dotm and it's ending as that's the cut off point for what we know now and how it abruptly changed from what we knew then.

It's a very risky marketing ploy if it is one, I do doubt it is, as considering the trailers are very much about a different reality than we thought we existed in throughout the films, but if it is a ploy then they'd need something else to do something similar on the next film, and considering bee's movie is a prequel? They'd be running out of ideas fast if they used all the available ones to use as misdirection and it would also confuse the franchise so much that nobody would bother keeping up because they'd know what they are seeing promo wise would be not even relevant. So unless the writers have some magic pens that have gotten some sense and continuity from everything that's new and old ..... we're going into inter dimensional rift territory to move the franchise in another direction.....for me sentinels the key.

Also a bit left field I've said this before but maybe galvatrons hole in his chest was a nod to pacific rim (always thought it was for keeping transformers the dominant robot everyone thought of) but not for appearance but for the fact it's all about alternative dimensions and space time rifts

• Like Like x 2
  5. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

Its easier to believe that gods are aliens, even if there is a far bigger chance that they are created as a depiction of aspects of the human nature.

But wolf, every time a new trailer comes out, you come out with a new and different far out theory then the prior one. Try to keep them consistent. It would be more fun to read

6. Lord Tron

Lord Tron Well-Known Member

What!? No this is insane the slogan is rethink the past not rethink reality. It's showing us that what we thought wasn't completely the truth they were always here hiding. It's the final link between our history and theirs. It's all about the origin of the TFS and why they've been drawn to Earth. It's insane, there's a picture of Ironhide, and statue of optimus you are aware that same statue was on the Knightship, right, this is bonkers it doesn't even remotely relate to what the movie is about. What's the point of revealing the history of the TFS if it isn't the history of the story we've been watching for ten years. Why reveal the origin of an optimus and Megatron that isn't the history that started the war.

This doesn't even remotely fit the movies story how does this play into the battle between two worlds that only one will survive. This theory doesn't fit there's no time for a story like this maybe later but trying to force a revelation like this in this story will be a disaster. This movie is going to reveal the origin of the TFS, the whole medieval stuff, the humans being at war with the transformers, optimus being evil, the giant planet thing and a final clash between the two worlds, never mind Megatron's role or Cade's arc, we can't fit a full on alternate universe changing time story does that sound like it even remotely fits the plot elements I mentioned?

7. daniel 97

daniel 97 Autobots' second in command

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    For sure, but when the story starts interfiering and contradicting with previous stories that's when it gets a little over the top. Why do they have to bring Ironhide when we they showed his initial arrival on Earth in the first movie. Now every other thing they do they cheapen that classic scene!

8. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

Its not like that there is some law of the nature of the universe that states that an individual from a spacefaring race only can visit a planet once

9. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

Dude go and watch the original trilogy, especially the ending of dotm again it transcends our laws of physics, the only direct piece of continuity we've had so far in the trailers is from the ark and dotm, so mr I like to shout through writing a lot ....THIS ISNT FINAL ANYTHING ?!? You really don't have any idea do you, especially over anyone else haha, explain the relevance of anything from the very start of AOE onwards that also doesn't imply some things historically have changed.....it was even quoted at the beginning of AOE.....and then they come at us with a sort of shattered glass Optimus and all of a sudden everything that was solid about the previous trilogy is being rewritten....rethink the past (so it's not entirely supposed to fit the events of the previous trilogy) INCLUDING SENTINELS DEATH ON EARTH AND THE ENTIRE EVENTS OF DOTM....that shot of the ark on the moon is significant and probably because the earth and moon both got sucked into an alternate dimension when the pillars were stopped, it looked like everything was being sucked away but in reality the pillars were on earth ONLY!!!! So it makes PERFECT SENSE!!! that it's A POSSIBILITY POSSIBLE POSSIBILITY !!!!

ahem....that they did use it to solve the continuity issues....then have megatron kill off sentinel much earlier in this new reality, so there's no repeat and they've closed the loop, paradox.

Anyway get your ass off your soap box and stop trying to shoot everyone down like you have some solid ideas and it all down and solved yourself....laughable. If you bothered to read the entirety of people's posts you would see these are shot in the dark theories nothing more:bay 

10. Lord Tron

Lord Tron Well-Known Member

Sorry it's just not what I expected I hear even from theories it kind of caught me off guard.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

Obviously it is the writers who had to reinvent the past of the franchise, not us who have to rethink the past of our history

• Like Like x 1
  12. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

That's what I'm here for bro! To exercise my mind and if I'm wrong about anything I'll move on to the next idea, surely there's nothing wrong with proposing ideas as they form in my head to put them before all of you guys in order to create a debate of sorts?!? That's the whole point of this forum my friend.

But if you're following me that closely you'd also know I've been mentioning this inter dimensional idea for ages now :D 

13. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

Nothing wring in trying to overcomplicate crap ideas. But its wrong trying to make them into facts.
    And i am not following you closely. You are a member on a forum i follow.

14. daniel 97

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Of course there isn't! That's not what I meant. Let me put it like this - It is highly possible for him and many others to have visited Earth before the events of the first film but while some of those characters we don't know or we haven't seen coming to Earth we are very familiar with I'm gonna call them team Prime's arrival. That scene is so majestic...it has a feeling of gods coming down to Earth and it really gives the impression that it's the first time they come here and have to adapt to the enviroument...and now they have been here before...pfffffffff!

15. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

And each time I've been told I'm wrong too lol! Which I still could be, I'm aware of that however until I'm proven wrong then it's still fair game :cool: 

16. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

We dont know if any of them but bee have been here earlier. And who says it is ironhide?
    With all the longhaul lookalikes, we could be talking about races among the cybertronians.
    So it could be some one of the same type.

17. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

If something didnt happen in the movie, it didnt happen, even if you are the only one in the world who think it did

18. daniel 97

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Would they really go that path with the Autobots - lookalikes?

19. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

Do me a favour, quote me when I've EVER said any of my 'ideas' are facts!? Maybe you're just unaccustomed to constructive discussions, I try and put them across so they apply as much relevance as possible. But thanks for noticing that I like to add depth to my arguments :cool: 

20. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

Your entire fantasy about the pillars you wrote as a fact stating "they did" instead of "they could"