Second Run of SG Soundwave Headbands

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Shadowbreaker, May 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aerros1

Aerros1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    This is one of my biggest gripes about Funpubs handling of this "fan" convention. Dealers pay $400 for 2 badges and I watch as they run in teams through the lines to buy up as much as they can. All the junkheaps were bought up in seconds and i watched as they sat at dealer tables all weekend at 35 bucks.

A friend of mine was also only allowed to buy 1 runamuck as a golden ticket member but all dealers were allowed 2 per badge, per time through line. No wonder they sold out so fast.

I feel dealers shouldn't be allowed in the Thursday line up to, 1 better serve the fans, and 2 help funpub get through the Thurs night earlier. Let the dealers line up Friday morning and claw at whats left.

But on subject, the headband is shit. The only positive thing about it is that funpub didn't try to swindle the fans out of more than 5 bucks for them.

2. robvega214

robvega214 Mp5_Brut

im not buyin 1 till some makes a Video review

3. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Say all this ain't so, Pete.

4. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 PlastiqueBoutique.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Wha?! :jawdropper:  I just wanted to get a buddy to middle man a set since I couldn't attend, but they were all gone by the time I got everything in order.

5. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Oh god. Why? Just, why?

Anyone who buys one of these headbands is insane.

Insane.

Don't do it. Please. For your own sakes. No amount of completion-ism is worth it.

6. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    No no, someone should buy this. Then, if there headband crumbles in the bag, they can take a picture of it and post it here, so Pete can see for himself how terrible the headbands are.

7. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Believe it or not, those along with plastic breadlclips were once banned at my elementary school, right along with pogs, pokemon cards, razorblades & fake cigarettes. Oddly enough, I don't think hacky sacks ever made the official shit list, at least not before I graduated.

8. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    I don't see a point in preventing the dealers from getting in line Thursday night, especially in recent years they make enough that a sellout because of dealers buying Thursday or Friday is highly unlikely. It also wont have a visible affect on the lines...there just aren't THAT many dealers.

I also thought it was a bad idea to sell so many Runamucks since the ended up shorting people who decided to sign up for the club in person, either as a renewal or as a walk in who decided to join, and had no toy to give...I saw it happen several times myself and you know what they say about businesses making a good first impression...especially when they had the sign up advertising...even if it was apparently a super exclusive RuMamuck :p  They were all gone by Friday morning long before the general public had a shot...

9. Quicky

Quicky TRANSFORM and ROLL OUT!!!

Ebay:
    FunPub was limiting the at-show exclusives 1per badge on Friday as well. I'd appreciate it if Pete could clarify.

But WHY are dealers getting an unlimited crack on exclusives on Saturday morning before anybody else...on the official 1st day of the con.

If anything it should open up to dealers on Sunday, not Saturday.

10. Baccala1976

Baccala1976 Well-Known Member

This 100000000000 times. This thread wouldn't even exist and FunPub wouldn't be taking another PR hit if the headband came with the figure. You know, THE WAY IT SHOULD HAVE TO BEGIN WITH.

11. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    BotCon: By Fans, For Dealers?

12. Baccala1976

13. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    This might have been the same guy on eBay who had at least 20 listings for every con exclusive set.

THIS.

I would like to hear what Pete has to say on this. He's usually good at responding to serious stuff like this, and it would be fair to the fandom if this were clarified. Can dealers really get away with scalping fans?

It's ToyArena, a sponsor of the site. They started their own thread selling the con exclusives at over-inflated prices, even selling the SG Soundwave headbands for $50.

Might want to take a look at Botcon's twitter feed, some good news here - https://twitter.com/#!/BotCon/status/197724945357352961

14. Baccala1976

Then this site should really think about their sponsors a little better. This is a gross insult to the fandom.

15. Omegax80

News Credits:
    Just saw another thread where they announced a price drop to $35! Oh Boy!

Jerks.

16. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    ^QFT. Sign me up for the second batch! :D  :D 

^This. oi vei this would NOT end well.

17. Baccala1976

They drop the price on the website to $35 but are selling it on E-Bay for $59.99????? First: that makes NO sense whatsoever, and B: How can they say that is a fair price when they bought up all the supply at $5 and are selling it for 7x as much!!!!!!

18. Omegax80

News Credits:
    Yes it's over a little piece of fabric which should be free, but that's not the argument here. The problem is a place like ToyArena, who somehow got their hands on tons of an item that people should have gotten with their sets, and they now re-sell them for insane prices.

Honestly, if fans were patient and smart, they would just back off the computer, breathe a minute and realize by buying they only encourage places like ToyArena to do this. Just don't buy them. Eventually when they get sick of sitting on unsold stock, they will drop the price and lesson learned for all.

FunPub really should get on this. Stuff like this is supposed to be for fans, not price-scalpers.

19. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

... could someone post a picture of Soundwave with the headband? I haven't seen a single picture of it yet.

20. Omegax80

News Credits:
    HOW? No one can post a picture because all the scalpers and online stores own all the stock!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.