Second Run of SG Soundwave Headbands

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Shadowbreaker, May 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    I've heard (and someone posted seeing it first hand in the "what sold out" thread) that one dealer bought 210 sets of the Junkions. I saw transactions of 70 and 50 myself and heard of another dealer buying 90...and that doesn't count however many times they may have gotten in line Thursday & Friday...

One dealer's transaction apparently came to over 50K!!!!

2. Biotoakid

Biotoakid Whew what an old username

News Credits:
    I want it just so I can say I have a Botcon exclusive

3. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    why not just buy a better Botcon exclusive? there're a ton of great figures out there, and even some mediocre ones that you could get for cheaply.

4. KingVile

KingVile The Face Breaker

It looks like old sour patch kid

5. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    If you had seen first hand the atrocious quality of these, you'd probably be offended that FP could willingly take someone's money in exchange for that crap. They were disintegrating before being removed from the baggies. It's not "cool" of them to sell more. It's a criminal offense.

6. Pete Sync

Pete Sync Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There were a few that had an issue, but what you are saying is not true.

We had only a handful of returns. Over the course of the weekend. And we have received no requests for returns since we have been back.

We checked these out and made sure they could hold up to stress. But for any that were not up to par, we'll exchange.

7. BreakerWave

BreakerWave Subtle Brutality

Ebay:
    Oh my gosh your sarcasm, so painful. The thing is overpriced, just like all their stuff.

8. GogDog

News Credits:
    I saw first hand three people's break OUT OF THE BAG. They didn't want to exchange them because once they saw what was actually being sold, they laughed and threw them away. Even more people's had stress marks that could easily be observed before being applied. So yes. What I'm saying is true.

9. Hypershock

Hypershock Well-Known Member

Well i know that, im just saying that this isnt the thing most people would have wanted right now. Theyve said themselves that theyve made a supply of fe figures and theyre just in storage. There are plenty of other things that got a good release that could get reissued too, the FE was just special circumstances

10. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    If this is all true, and I'm inclined to believe it is because I saw some toy store reps purchase these exclusives, I think it's foul play. I would like to see the convention exclusives have a better chance in going to a collector's hands at original price, rather than see a e-retailer purchase over 200 sets. FunPub should change this policy up a bit I think, put some more restrictions up.

11. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Link please?

12. Biotoakid

Biotoakid Whew what an old username

News Credits:
    If its still 5 bucks then come on. 5 bucks. Thats cheap as hell.

13. jon

jon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Someone should buy them all to protect the general public and put them in a landfill next to the ET game. Mine broke before getting it out of the package and did not want another one.

14. CookSux

CookSux Infectious Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Hey Pete, while you're in the business of "casting" some new headbands for the unfortunate few that didn't bother to fly to Dallas and get their own... can you guys recast me a SG Optimus Prime, SG Rodimus, Darkside Megatron, and a few other odds and ends? I didn't bother going and don't want to pay outrageous auction prices. I know I should be a little pissed off because I'm trying to sell my 5 dollar headband for a profit, but you guys are just remaking it because you don't want to see people getting ripped off.

Waitaminute, this isn't a philanthropic mission is it? You don't want these people giving strangers money on a product that you guys could be making money over. I get it... but still, I'll gladly pay you guys for a reissue run of those figures I mentioned above. That'd be really awesome if you guys did that for me and some other people that don't want to get ripped off on the secondary market.

15. Pete Sync

News Credits:
    With something that thin there of course may be minor stress marks, but do not limit their display-ability and the few dozen I have here held back for returns pretty much all look good. Will be happy to have you take a look at them.

The only real issue we had was if the glue did not take, but that is an easy fix OR we can exchange.

16. Pete Sync

News Credits:
    We didn't use Takara for these. Apples and Oranges. But the sarcasm is noted...

17. GogDog

News Credits:
    The better solution is to go with the superior third party version that was handed out for free by a fan. Something a company like FunPub should have able to do more easily than they did.

18. blurr69

blurr69 First time caller

Ebay:
    Where were these free ones given out ? Never saw em. Curious to see what they looked like now

19. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They're pretty awesome - just a small piece of ribbon with sme great engrish packaging and fake instructions.

There's an image floating around here somewhere.

20. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Pfft....This whole head band issue has been a fail since Day one, and even a bigger failure than the SG Soundwave toy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.