Second Run of SG Soundwave Headbands

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Shadowbreaker, May 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yet another reason why "Golden Tickets" were such a great idea. :rolleyes2 

2. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    now will Toyarena do the right thing and drop the price...to $5?

3. blurr69

blurr69 First time caller

Ebay:
    only two big dealer buys that I heard were 35 sets and another that got 100 sets. Kinda sickens me that FP does that... I mean, Im not against giving dealers first crack at them, and maybe letting them get a couple-few more than the limit one, nor am I against mark ups on extra sets but.... yeah, that sickens me knowing someone made an EASY 5-10k off them. Buying/selling/trading should be a hobby imo.. If you wanna open a bonafied toy store, get a loan, find a shop, and get your connections to toy distributors..

4. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    Or at the VERY least, maybe instead of selling them in bulk on Saturday morning, maybe they could've limited it to like 5 per customer - so folks can buy for their friends or whatever too - and then on Sunday afternoon, they open the floodgates to any dealer who wants to clean them out. But not while people are AT the show still.

5. Composite Ghost

Composite Ghost Motorized Transformer

News Credits:
    I would have been PISSED if I went to the show and wasn't able to get an exclusive. That's two dick moves by Toyarena so far.

6. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

HAHA!! In those online toy-stores parasitic faces!

I was unhappy with the pub for all that CC drama etc, but this made me love them a little bit <3
    Great move FunPub :) 
    I will probably end up with every toy Funpub did this year except Soundwave (and custom class Shockwave :(  ) so doesn't affect me, but I am happy for those that have/want SW and want a headband for him.

7. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Whew, i thought I was going to miss out on these.

Much shame would my SW feel if he could not rock out with one of these official non-Hastak epic wind-blown effect headbands.

8. Hypershock

Hypershock Well-Known Member

So a piece of crap headband is getting a second run, but the highly sought after Prime first Edition line has no current plans of reissue. Im sensing a disturbance in the Force

9. juxtapose519

juxtapose519 Well-Known Member

If this weren't an OMGEXCLUSIVE OFFICIAL HASTAKtm release, nobody would want it. What a big fuss over such a turd.

10. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Thanks for proving that even in a "good news" thread, where a company is stepping up and doing right by collectors, there will be fans who need to complain about something.

Oh, crap, I just complained too! It's a vicious circle!

Anyhow, whether you want one or not, it's nice that the Club is doing a second run of these (for those who DO want one) and that they announced it in advance to keep people from overpaying. Good for them.

Myself, I might just make one out of fabric. I'll have to decide when I actually have the figure in hand.

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  11. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    this... i got one of those 3rd party headbands, and from what i've heard of the initial run of FP ones, they broke and weren't all that good anyways...

yeah, there was someone who had 27 auctions up at once, and relisted them every 24 hours... they flooded the market, which knocked their own prices down... no idea how they were allowed to buy so many...

seriously? i was limited to 1, but then again, i'm not a dealer... that said, it's also possible that those dealers have 10-15 memberships, and that allows them to order 1 per member, or however else they did it to knock their numbers up... still sucks though...

12. terry981

terry981 Well-Known Member

Wait! So why can't we get a 2nd run of Henkei Ratchet and Ironhide? Aren't they more sought after? I got Universe Ratchet and hide, but the paint job on the Henkei ones make me want to double the fun.

13. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

I got your head-bands right here!

[​IMG]

Only $20 each, whaddya say?!

Seriously though, I'm glad those who own Soundwave have the chance to get the headband for a decent price. However, I still think the twistie tie is a better choice. There's nowhere to store that plastic non-poseable piece of rubbish in the vehicle mode.

14. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    LOL, those official headbands look like somebody wiped a huge booger on a card.

Free twist tie FTW.

15. BreakerWave

BreakerWave Subtle Brutality

Ebay:
    Seriously, when I get one of those Soundwaves I'm just going to take a piece of thin fabric, then put it around some bendy wire so I can make it look like it's flowing in the wind. Eat that Fun Pub!

16. Computron34

Computron34 Always Tired

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    If FP ran the actual Transformers brand, or Hasbro ran the club stuff, you might have a point. But as it is, no.

17. Hypershock

Hypershock Well-Known Member

Technically this is a good news thread, but i wouldnt be complaining if the product were of any good quality at all. I dont have one and i dont want one; i wasnt even at botcon, i just know from all the pictures and reports, and even the TFW podcast, that this headband thing isnt even worth having, even with the loq price.

Im just saying that there are better quality products that they could be giving a second chance. Based on what ive heard, these arent even worth it the first time around

The Prime DE line was only a recent example. Yes this is a good thing for collectors who want it, but i think there are more things that collectors want that are better quality than this

18. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I found two right off the bat that work just fine. What I'm doing now is putting it around the peg that the weapon rests in, then replacing the weapon. Or, with a little care you can keep it around his head.

OMG THEY'RE OUT $5. Keep sticking it to the man!

19. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    there's a huge difference between a small 3rd party run of custom headbands, and pulling out Henkei or Prime molds,packaging them, and finding a store to buy them...

20. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm "just saying" that this apple is SO much better than this orange. Why does HasTak even bother with oranges?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.