Second G1 Insecticon Abilities?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Thyme, Aug 14, 2010.

1. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This LONG predates the concept of standardized price-points, or at least labelling the price points. The Beetras bugs (along with the similar-heritage-owing Tokatou designed Whirl and Roadbuster) were given the "Deluxe" tag in the pictoral catalogs that were packed in with the toys, that, and a few other marketing materials I would guess, is the only place the "deluxe" label appears. I have always suspected it was Hasbro's way of calling out to the more-detailed/complex design aesthetic of these toys without denigrating the bread-and-butter Takara style. It was a way of saying to the consumer "hey these are like the 'regular' Insecticons, only more involved."

Well in fairness the thread HAS evolved into a more interesting side-line, as a result of Stovokor's prodding, threads evolve, when they do so in a positive direction, that's a win.

D/L

2. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I derailed nothing.

I tried to broaden the discussion.

What your doing now is derailing the topic.

We really should.

3. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Thanks for the info., destrongerlupus! I've been calling them the "Deluxe Insecticons" for who knows how long and while I knew it referred to their being bigger and, presumably, more expensive, I never thought twice about where the "deluxe" part actually came from until this thread, so thanks firehawc_69!

Also, for the record, the company that manufactured the Beetras line, Whirl, and Roadbuster is Takatoku Toys, but I'm fairly certain you knew that and just mistyped.

4. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Thanks to the open minded.

5. destrongerlupus

News Credits:
    The "Deluxe" figures have fascinated me, conceptually, since I was a kid. Staring at those catalog pages, seeing those intriguingly-different looking toys, never seeing them in the stores, SEEING the way-simpler but obviously related "Convertor" versions in the hands of friends, totally became one of my little obsessions.

Hehe, totally, I can never get that spelling to stick. And with Japanese names, I allow my "romanization" to get sloppy sometimes ;) 

AMAZING what can happen if you just allow an alternate perspective to enter a conversation, ain't it?

6. Mathius Maximus

Mathius Maximus Well-Known Member

What I'm doing is drawing attention to what a waste of space you are. And with that I'm done. If these guys want to listen to 5 pages of you saying, 'I'm not wrong', while you were wrong the whole damn time, then they're a lot less smarter than I give them credit for.

Mathius

7. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

What I'm amazed at is how so many can deny even acknowledging a new or different perspective on things to the degree of foolishness.

8. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Now your trying to make it personal.

My how you have sunk to the level of childishness.

Guess when you cant make an argument thats on point and logical, childish tactics are the only way to save face.

Have fun bud.

9. destrongerlupus

News Credits:
    Well thanks again for being our gadfly and keeping us honest.

'Night gents! Hope to wake up to discover some startling new information about robot insects in the morning :) 

D/L

10. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    No prob :thumb 

To be fair, you really did. The original question was whether or not the Deluxe Insecticons had the same cloning abilities as Kickback, Shrapnel, and Bombshell. You very well knew what he was asking and decided to nitpick it and derail the thread. We all knew was he was asking and we all knew what you were trying to do...split hairs and debate semantics.

11. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

To be fair I derailed nothing.

As I stated, I was trying to broaden the discussion and share my thoughts.

Which I believe is part of the reason why we all enter these threads.

The problem here is that so many would rather argue then try to get to the bottom of a persons statements.

12. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Ok, let's get this thread back on topic, and stop the childish bickering please. Thank you.

13. Thyme

Thyme Disciple of Yun-Harla

... I blame myself for starting this accursed thread. In my quest to further my selfish understanding of Decepticon Science I triggered a slagging mach. But I must admit some good has come out of this, thanks to all of you (sto_vo_kor_2000 is also included in this) I now have a better understanding of the G1 insecticon production lines ... so ty guys.

now back on topic:Hmmm ... would it be possible, assuming that the four deluxe Insecticons don't posses the cloning ability, could Chop Shop with his "unrepentant kleptomaniac" skills be able to steal the cloning technology upgrade from one of the other original Insecticons?

14. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Your welcome...for my part.

As to your question......if he could, is he smart enough to maqke use of it.

15. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Sure, why not? Chop Shop is a klepto, so leave it out and he'll steal it! And if he can't figure out how to clone things with the tech, I am sure all 4 bots together could figure it out.

16. Thyme

Thyme Disciple of Yun-Harla