Second First Edition TF Prime Optimus at TFSource?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MisterGuyMan, Nov 13, 2012.

1. MisterGuyMan

MisterGuyMan Well-Known Member

I just started collecting so I'm a bit new at the lingo. I tried searching and didn't see a topic about this.

What exactly is this selling?
    Transformers Prime Voyager Series 04 Revision 1 - Robots in Disguise - Factory Sealed Case
    The description says: Transformers Prime Voyager Series 04 Revision 1 - Robots in Disguise -
    I always thought for Optimus Voyager was First Edition and Robots in Disguise or RID was the other smaller mold. Basically I thought they were mutually exclusive. Which one is this selling?

While I'm asking questions, is there any news about the paint app situation on TFSource's FE Optimus?
    Transformers Prime Voyager Series 01 - Optimus Prime - First Edition
    Is it missing the paint apps like the BBTS release?

2. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Red and black red and black

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The RID voyager Optimus. You won't see the First Edition one sold in any RID assortments, so if you ever see an Optimus always assume it's the RID one. Beast Hunters could change...who knows? Maybe they will throw in a FE mold here and there, maybe they won't. But until that happens, always assume RID in an RID assortment

Someone got theirs from TFsource and it's the same lack of paint apps. This is no surprise...Hasbro ran these off and they're distributed to everyone. I find it hard to believe that somehow TFsource would get ones with paint apps, while BBTS and TRU got ones without. Hasbro produces the same toys for everyone.

3. MisterGuyMan

MisterGuyMan Well-Known Member

Thanks. I was just hoping that BBTS' "shared exclusive" might mean the damage was minimized to just two stores. I had to ask anyway just to be sure.

4. Thelonicon

Thelonicon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There were 2 First Edition Prime molds. A deluxe (available as part of a 2 pack with Optimus or as a Comiccon exclusive) and a voyager (the figure in your second link.)
    The Prime Robots in Disguise (also abbreviated as PRID to differentiate it from the early 2000s Robots in Disguise line) version of Optimus Prime is also a voyager figure, but slightly smaller than the First Edition voyager. (I'm not sure about the paint app.)

The case in the link will get you the PRID Voyager Prime, Ultra Magnus, Skyquake, and Thundertron figures.

5. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Red and black red and black

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I see where the confusion comes from. Even in the case like this, Hasbro doesn't produce a run just for BBTS, a run just for TRU, and a run just for TFsource. They will produce enough to meet demand for all three at once and then distribute them. So unless an error is caught early on and is fixed in mid production, if one store has an issue with a toy, then you can safely assume that the other stores will have the same problem.