Second Edition First Edition Optimus Prime - Fewer Paint Apps

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Matt Booker, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    not really a huge issue for me. I've been playing around with them all weekend and didn't notice the stress on bulk or missing prime apps until I get on the board and see the fan rage.

they're still really both solid figures. if tru ends up getting a fixed run when they get them in stock, I'll just exchange locally. no real need to raise hell with bbts if their entire stock is like this. it's really not that big an issue as people are making out to be...and I laid down $60 for these too.

2. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think BBTS should give everyone an apology and send replacements or at least store credit.

If everyone has a botched first edition prime, that means getting a hold of one from toys r us is going to be a challenge, especially here where I live where scalpers will want to hoard and milk this as much as possible

3. Whovian Zorker

Whovian Zorker Well-Known Member

I would imagine the TRU SE FE Prime would be botched as well.

4. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Why would I need an apology? What did they do wrong to warrant such a thing? BBTS and TRU would undoubtedly be just as in the dark about differences as we were.

Talking of an apology from anyone other than Hasbro directly is laughable and completely, utterly wrong.

5. TFfanOP

TFfanOP Well-Known Member

News Credits:

We bought them from BBTS not Hasbro. They (BBTS) got them flawed and shipped them out like that.

Are Hasbro to blame for bad products here (Prime & Bulk)? Yes. But in the end of the day, we're dealing business with BBTS and not Hasbro.

6. PlanckEpoch

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    You serious? It is not BBTS' fault, nor is it their prerogative to check **EVERY** toy they get in for faults or differences from previous releases. Are you really serious here?

BBTS is a business, yes, we are their interface to Hasbro...however, I'm positive BBTS was equally as unknowing about the difference as we were. I would argue that it isn't in their camp to know. If this was something done on BBTS' side of the coin, such as mangling the toy in packaging, or warehousing, or sending me a toy that was clearly mangled during the distribution to BBTS, then yes I demand recourse from them, but this is hardly the case. They got product in, and they shipped product out. Since Optimus is packaged in robot mode, how would ANY of them know?

I wasn't mad at all in my last post, but it's posts like this that really drive me to anger. THINK, goddamn it people, just THINK harder, more often. Goddamn.

7. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well people are still going to complain to BBTS first because they are the retailer and then Hasbro for rushing this.

8. TFfanOP

News Credits:
    I really don't appreciate that last paragraph. I didn't insult you so please don't even attempt to insult me either.
    Unless you work for BBTS there is no need to defend them here.

If you ever open your own business you'll know that you have direct responsibility to your customers.

If you would to sell a pair of sneakers to a customer that turn up to have an error, you are obliged by the consumer law to return the money to buyer. You can't tell them: "Hey, I didn't make those, I only sell them. Go talk to Nike. It's not my concern."

Nobody is saying BBTS & Hasbro need to fall on their knees and bow to us all but regardless what you think, these things aren't cheap and I expect to get what I have paid for.

I haven't received mine yet, they'll be here in about 10 days but if they turn up with error too I fully expect to get some kind of small compensation.

9. PlanckEpoch

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    There's a difference between BBTS taking responsibility when the issue is brought up to them, and then saying that they need to straight up apologize for us and reimburse us for the lack of paint apps. The former I approve of. Yes, if you don't like what you got, by all means let BBTS know! Send it back, get your refund! However, if you expect them to kowtow and to give all of us goodies just because of the issue in lack of paint apps, which are completely invisible the way OP is packaged, is ludicrous.

I don't appreciate the seeming lack of thought when many people posts on forums. As well, what you said about BBTS taking responsibility is just what I feel. However, my point isn't that you SHOULDN'T contact BBTS if you feel that you've been burned. It's that if you think that they need to kowtow to all of us, then you are utterly wrong.

10. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    BBTS is the reseller here. WTF are they supposed to do if hasbro made every single toy this way? It's not like they asked for them that way, lol.

I don't hold BBTS accountable at all. They are just selling product that was produced for them, and was, with all intentions, meant to be 100% identical the the original FE's.

Hasbro is the only party at fault here guys. You can fanrage all you like but BBTS can't do anything but replace with another defective unit or paint your prime windows for you and ship it back. They really can't do anything else to replace your stuff atm. I suppose you could get a refund but I'd much rather have these guys, even with their flaws.

Which is why I'd rather just be patient and see if these show up in a fixed run at TRU. If they do, I just exchange. Much easier then pointing fingers and hoping for "apologies" that are never going to happen, lol.

11. Reaper Cloud

Reaper Cloud Dark Wrecker

News Credits:
    I agree with PlanckEpoch, since BBTS had NO CLUE as to what was going on with these mistakes MADE by Hasbro.

IF the missing paint on Prime WAS intentional by Hasbro, BBTS can do NOTHING. Hasbro gave them images to use to sell the product, and they were wrong. Again, blame going to Hasbro. Example: The Dark Energon BBTS exclusive which has NEW Paint for Megatron, but Hasbro didn't bother to give BBTS NEW photos to show this. Instead, we see the toys in a video...people complain about the different paint, and BBTS follows up with trying to contact Hasbro about just what is going on.

Now, for Bulkhead...that is clearly a QC control issue (AGAIN, Hasbro's fault). All BBTS can do is notify Hasbro and have them correct the mistake. It never ceases to amaze me how some of you people expect something extra for a minor paint app problem...and then go after the WRONG company. -_-

12. TFfanOP

News Credits:
    I never wrote that they should've known in advance about this. I'm not preaching "burn in hell BBTS!" here. Still, as a seller they do have end responsibility. It's part of the risk when being a seller.

Look, I ain't jumping off a cliff if my figures are bad too, but if we're debating who has responsibility towards us, it's 100% BBTS.

What they later on do with Hasbro is their own business and shouldn't concern us.

OK. I'm completely wrong here. Just remember if you ever buy a Samsung TV and it breaks down, make sure you send it back to China and not Best Buy (just an example of a scenario).

13. PlanckEpoch

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That responsibility is ONLY if we the consumer bring the issue up with them. This isn't a case where the toy is wholly defective or rendered nonfunctional. This isn't a case where the toy is lodging into kid's throats or hurting people.

This is a case of manufacture error, and the ONLY responsibility BBTS has to us as a consumer is to take the toy back for a refund, just like every other toy they got. To think that they should publicly and outright apologize to us consumers is the part I find ludicrous.

Look, it's painfully obvious to me that we AGREE on what BBTS should do. I think that it needs to be understood that I'm not saying they don't have end responsibility, what I'm saying is that they are not the party at fault and they should not be forced or even suggested to apologize to us consumers. Their responsibility only ends so far as to give us a refund if we send it back, nothing more than that.

14. TFfanOP

News Credits:
    And that is all have been saying too. I'm not expecting them to rent an ad in New York Post and apologise to tfw2005 members. lol

15. bossman328

bossman328 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Has anyone gotten them from TRU yet? Do they have the same issues?

16. Reaper Cloud

Reaper Cloud Dark Wrecker

News Credits:

There is a difference between going after the WRONG company in anger...and ignoring a company when expecting some customer service.

Your example: I would not expect Best Buy to do NOTHING with the TV, but I sure wouldn't go and burn their store down since my TV broke...nor give the Customer Service people any lip (unless they refused to take care of the issue). Best Buy would talk to whomever made the TV (Samsung) and the problem would be taken care of. Of course since TV's have extended warranties (whereas toys do not), this is another issue all together.

Now, with the BBTS/Hasbro issue that we are talking about...I expect the same thing. BBTS will be told by us about the problems, and then they will (hopefully) go to Hasbro. Hasbro can either fix it, or do nothing. Whatever they do, BBTS shouldn't be held responsible for Hasbro's actions. If Hasbro fixes the QC issue with Bulkhead's arm and decides to fix the paint on Optimus Prime, then cool...I'll send in my figures (if they are messed up), and BBTS can send me ones that I actually wanted in the first place.

I'm more concerned about Bulkhead's arm, and depending on how Prime looks with the missing paint...I might just leave it at that and not even bother wanting a replacement. We'll see though in a few hours when mine arrive.

17. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If there is a later revision that fixes the paint issue, I'll try to swap mine out. If not, I'd rather keep the one misisng paint than pay 3 times as much for the earlier release.

Same with Bulkhead. I noticed the stress marks, but he doesnt seem to be worse for wear. So long as I can pose him without those pegs coming off, I'm cool with it. Again, if there's a "fixed" version later, I'll swap him. If not, its not worth messing with.

18. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yuck, that looks awful. If it were grey it wouldn't be as bad, but that nasty brown color looks horrible.

19. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

You must've forgotten where we are.

20. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If anything, it probably saves them, like, two cents on every figure. Probably not even that.

Very much not a deliberate cost-saving measure. There's no way they'd be running their profit margins as fine as that.