Season Four Documentary of TFA what-could-have-been

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by GrimCharr, Dec 29, 2022.

1. GrimCharr

GrimCharr SciFi Geezer

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
    " title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Has this been posted elsewhere for discussion here? I just watched this and it made me very nostalgic. These guys did a great job. They interviewed several people and used a lot of archival material to put this together. (Do they post here?)

I'm a latecomer to appreciating TFA. I wasn't aware of it when it came out. But I've come to realize how much it really was driven by the singular vision of Derick J Wyatt. (RIP). And a lot of love from the other collaborators.

As an occasional collector starting way back in G1, I have an affection for Transformers. But I've never been satisfied with any particular Transformers media. Even the most well-done takes will have me occasionally cringe or thinking I'd do it another way. And I'm talking going back to me being a kid.

With one exception.

TFA is the only take where I don't have any disputes. I just like what Derrick Wyatt and the others were doing. They kept some lore, ignored others, and were lovingly constantly shuffling a basket full of Easter Eggs in a playful tone. It's all very light and mostly tongue-in-cheek. But every character develops. Every character has an arc. Which is much more cohesive storytelling than most of the more self-serious takes.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    The video was indeed really informative, and arguably the best part was explaining the inconsistencies between Marty and Derrickā€™s ideas/plans/etc for Season 4. The commissioned artwork was also amazing to look at, and makes me wish Animated got a bigger budget even as good as it already looked.

• Like Like x 2