Season Finale - One Shall Rise 3 Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Xaddion, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Girtherobot

Girtherobot Well-Known Member

Yup they did, but it was done very well to where it was not clinched. Excellent episode and finale. It has been a while since I have seen a good finale in Transformers since the Armada ending. Soundwave is stronger than he looks since he grabbed Airachnid with only one hand like she was nothing. Don't mess with the Soundwave or else. Is it just me or did Orion Pax look adorable? The animators did a good job showing the difference between Optimus and Orion in the face. Megatron looked more sane in his original form, but what I could tell by his attempt to be a Prime by force in the past he was still a afthole on the inside. Did anyone notice how huge Soundwave is especially in his original form? He looked liked he was almost as tall as Megatron, but only a few feet shorter. The Unicron possession parts were great. RIP Optimus Prime until he gets his memories back. Maybe living as Orion Pax will make Optimus a better prime than before if Megatron and Soundwave don't screw him up too much.

2. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great finisher, Soundwave finally got to show some personality, and it ended in a way that hasn't been done before and I totally didn't see coming. Bring on the Season 1 DVD and Season 2 already

3. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    do we have an air date for season 2 ?

4. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    nov 28

5. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

i really hope Unicron got thrown into a pocket dimension or something. when i saw his death i thought sweet, he is getting dispersed and will eventually coalesce again in some other season. but alas it didnt look like it.

6. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

Unicron: Megatron! DO AS I COMMAND!
    I lol'd

7. racbgar

racbgar Well-Known Member

wow Hasbro used their own loop hole lol! they killed off a character without actually killing them!! Verrrrrrry sneaky Hasbro! but aside from that it was an awsome episode. I love Knockouts comment on the Soundwave and Airachnid's brawl "it is the silent one's you have to watch out for". lol classic!!

8. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    was a nod to transformers movie

9. Darth Fitch

Darth Fitch Herald of Golobulus

Great episode and great show. Very fun. The kids loved it and the grown ups liked it too.

10. jgoss

jgoss transformers fan 4 life

watched it twice yesterday awesome sauce!! this episode was incredible can't wait till season 2 just happy that it starts in nov.

11. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I saw some dudes saying that the Optimus and Megatron flashback came out of left field, how exactly? The very first episode had Optimus telling the kids that Megatron and himself once called each other "brothers" and that his ideals became corrupt with time.

12. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    megatron quietly said brother before they entered the portal which was a nice touch.

I thought the back story was good and Megatron finally broke his being controlled really nicely.

Other than that, tfp season 1 has been quite unsatisfactory compared to Animated, nothing is going on really and most of what is happening is too easy and predictable. New characters need to be introduced and the writing needs to be cleverer, the shows first five episodes started off so well and by the end of the season I'm so underwhelmed.

Prime losing his memory, well whuppty dooo, he'll have that back soon and that plotline will diminish quickly.

Hopefully Ironhide will be introduced to take command, someone needs to and there's no commander in that team of bots

13. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    There are NO plans to put Ironhide in the show anytime soon.

14. Cevel

Cevel Well-Known Member

Then they're not paying attention, like a lot of the people saying something in this show "came out of left field". It wasn't only the first episode that mentioned the connection between the two, but also in episodes like Masters and Students where Optimus was lamenting the loss of Megatron when he thought he had died, and Ratchet saying that he knew that they had a history together. Or, even more recently, in Stronger, Faster when Ratchet was chewing out Optimus for not finishing off Megatron in the past.

15. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A few thoughts on this episode and where it can go from here:

* That using the Matrix of Leadership comes with serious consequences (memory loss) was a brilliant idea. Too often this magic macguffin is used to solve every epic problem. TFP has kept the power of the artifact but insured that no one will ever want to use it except as an absolute last resort.

* Orion Pax joins the Decepticons. I think this plot twist caught everyone off-guard. Brilliantly played. But now that he is among the 'cons, I can imagine a few things happening. Placed in a command position, the 'cons begin to respect him as a leader more than Megatron. They'd still have the fear of Megs keeping them in line, but Orion would simply be better as leader.

Orion: "Breakdown, what happened to your eye?"
    BD: "Huh? Oh this? Yeah, it's a reminder."
    Orion: "Why don't you get it repaired?"
    BD: "Well Megatron-"
    Orion: "You leave Megatronus to me. You go get that repaired right now!"

Hee! :D 

* Soundwave was awesome. I think I liked his robot mode in the flashback better. Didn't look so spindly. Looks like he could be a brawler, though he didn't seem to have any trouble in that arena either with Airachnid. I wanted him to speak, but I'm kind of glad he didn't either. His silence so easily enraged Airachnid. And besides, I'm sure she's not worth talking to in his opinion. Probably only ever talks to Megatron himself.

* Unicron was handled well. It occurred to me that we never saw his alt-mode prior to becoming the seed for Earth. Nothing says that he has to transform into a planet, if indeed he transforms at all. I like that he has the option to become something else while still working in his status as a planet. If he does ever return, I think it'd be a nice change to have him be something else.

* Unicron's death- the TFP guys said someone would die, and I like to think that they meant Unicron. Prime's loss of memories is a sort of death, but he's still technically alive. I'd like to think that they put Unicron down for good. They did say that he had transcended physical form, so nothing says he couldn't leave his body in the core and become something else. Of course, if his spark can survive a direct blast of Matrix energy, then I think it'd be fair to say that nothing can kill him. I'm ok with Unicron being permanently dead.

* Arcee as field commander! Make it so. :D 

* I almost hope that Optimus doesn't get his memories back. I would rather he grow back into the role of a Prime and maybe leave that heavy burden behind. I'd like to see how his friends handle getting to know him again for the first time. Stuff like Prime celebrating with them and a stunned Arcee saying, "But. . . Primes don't. . . party?!" That'd be great. Much as I like Prime, he was very stiff and emotionally restrained for the whole season. This is the perfect opportunity to show us how Prime used to be like Jack (doing risky stuff to impress a girl, maybe? ;)  ). It'd be a great opportunity to let him connect with his team again instead of keeping them at arm's length as their wise mentor/commander.

* Megatron resisting Unicron's control. His shouting, "Megatron is commanded by no one!" was very reminiscent of G1 Megatron's, "I belong to nobody!!" I feel like the writers have a bit more respect for their Megatron (and Hasbro isn't pushing a Galvatron toy on them to sell). It was really satisfying to see this Megatron resist Unicron with everything he had. What an abrupt change from the grovelling guy we saw in "One Shall Fall," but I guess he only offered his services, thinking that he'd rule the planet while Unicron stayed put in the core.

16. WingedWeasel

WingedWeasel Well-Known Member

This finale seemed appropriate and I am glad that the writer's took things in the direction that they did in comparison to all the other likely alternatives. The defeat of Unicron was pretty quick, however I will chalk that up to the relatively lengthy flashback and time constraints.

Have to say I can't agree with the many people complaining about the season as a whole or this particular episode. Given the precedent with the current staff of writers I believe many of the odds and ends will be fleshed out in the coming season (SynthN, Project Chimera, etc). There feels like there's a lot of story remaining to be told whilestill providing an impressive story right now.

The Exodus tie-in and the whole fall from grace (if we are to believe it was never merely a ruse) story I feel is much more interesting and compelling than potential alternatives.

EDIT: It has been a long time since I have bought any DVD's for TV shows that have "last time on" consistently. But I will certainly be buying Prime, anyone know if there is a precedent that the previous episode flashback can be/is removed so that the episodes can be watched straight through? I guess the intro/credits could go as well but I doubt that would happen.

17. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He can still arrive, these guys have made false statements already, why not bout a possible Autobot commander

18. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

That back to back fighting with Optimus and Megatron.

THAT BACK TO BACK FIGHTING WITH OPTIMUS AND MEGATRON!

Seriously!

19. Electra1408

Electra1408 Mini-Bot

this is probably one of my favourite episodes :) 

20. Sideways77

Sideways77 useless lesbian

News Credits:
    Well, I'll probably try to see it on YouTube, but I must know this:

Who won? Soundwave or Airachnid?