Season Finale - One Shall Rise 3 Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Xaddion, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Tikin

Tikin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh. My. God.
    Exodus! And Soundwave! And Epic Plot Twist! And great character moments! And new direction! And amazing fight scenes! And Soundwave like a boss! Gah season two can't come fast enough.

I expect to see a drop in numbers of people who say Soundwave doesn't do anything and those who say there can be no connection between WFC and Prime and Hasbro doesn't know what they're talking about.

This weeks PrimeTime is going to be very interesting.

2. Chris Bot

Chris Bot AutoChrisbot

News Credits:
    It goes by East Coast schedule so If you're in the west coast like me, it comes on at 5:30 p.m.

If you just go by the advertisements that say it comes and at 8:30 p.m. and disregard or dont mind the mention of "Central" and actually tune in at 8:30 p.m Pacific time, well, then you're SOL.

3. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have a feeling Vangelus is going to be a cocky bastard because he predicted Prime was lying about the key to vector sigma.

4. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I like the whole Megatronus and Orion Pax story. Very cool. I hope season 2 is WAY better than season 1. I don't want to wait 20 episodes before something good happens. And I hope it doesn't take the entire season to resolve this cliffhanger. Good cliffhanger it was though.

5. Sagitta

Sagitta Nuetral

Really enjoying the series...

and not at all surprised something would happen to Optimus when the Matrix was unleashed. (Well, maybe just a little.) Actions do have consequences. Even selfless ones.

I'm just curious how far the memory loss goes. From what Ratchet said Orion Pax and Megatronus departed ways after they met with the elders. Orion didn't have the Matrix until well after his former comrade began raging his war. So, there would have been that block of time where he knew where Megatronus stood on matters way back when. Though it is very forgivable for an amnesiac not to be caught up in that state. I doubt Optimus will be fooled for long. "To thine own self...?"

Would love it if Vector Sigma's key would play a part in helping Optimus in next season. Or what exact part it would play overall.

6. Gojira Prime

Gojira Prime Narf

Without a doubt, the best episode of Prime yet. Seriously, like, everything I wanted out of this is here. Great action sequences, brilliant character moments on both sides (as I thought, when Soundwave does something, it feels BIG), and one of the best plot twists I've ever seen in Transformers. Knock on wood for the writers keeping it up in season 2.

7. MaxxieOD

MaxxieOD Jazz is my homebot

News Credits:
    Totally awesome ep! It has been a long time since I've been excited for a series.

Random thought from me tho...

Is it just me, or did Optimus's face, after loosing his memories and becoming Orion Pax again, look...younger? Maybe more innocent? I think his optics were made a lil bigger to give that effect, or could be the fact that he lost his stern expression. Either way, I could see a difference in his face when he reverted to Orion. Maybe it was just me tho...

Edit - Ok, I watched it again. I don't see any actual physical differences, but I guess it's the way he expresses 'em, that made them seem really different to me.

8. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    It was a really good episode. Really enjoyed the Exodus story of how Orion Pax and Megatronus were once friends. Now I've got a better understanding of how to imagine the designs of the characters the next time I read the book.

I absolutely loved the new design for the Matrix of Leadership. It seemed unique, and it's something you don't see every day whenever the Matrix does appear.

I so look forward to season 2! Knowing TFP, it knows how to be awsome in just a split second. Weee!

9. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

I did not see that ending coming. I was kind of hoping Megatron would rechristen him as Nemesis Prime or Scourge or something, but it will be nice to see Orion Pax get some screen time.

10. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Soundwave Smackdown!
    Love the backstory for Optimus and Megatron. The Original 13 cameoed in it, too (or statues of them).
    Epic plot twists.
    NO ONE COMMANDS MEGATRON!

Unicron just sort of fizzled out. Antibodies attacked, Unicron attempted to control Megatron, then he keeled over. I'd have loved to explore Unicron's inner workings a lot more, especially after Part 2's wonderfully creepy cliffhanger.

11. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Probably one of the best TV series I've seen... and not just of Transformers.

Nov. 28th, we are waiting!!!

12. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    In the Singapore spoiler thread many of us discussed that Orion does seem to be younger and more innocent looking...I think the animators did an excellent job of removing the look of the burdens of leadership from Optimus'/Orion's eyes...his face looked different in the earlier flashback, iirc, he even had a nose as Orion Pax. :) 

13. MaxxieOD

MaxxieOD Jazz is my homebot

News Credits:
    I must've missed that then (I had been reading thru the thread, but I hadn't seen the ep yet, so that comment might not have stuck in my head).

But seriously, he does look much like that Orion Pax in the flash backs...in the face I mean...probably cause of how he emotes. It just screams (to me anyways) a much younger bot who hadn't gone thru the war yet and still probably has those ideals and when he used to believe in Megatron.

This will be a very interesting start to season 2...I'm pumped!

14. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    I hope Megatron and Unicron have some sort of Beast Wars Tarantulas in Blackarachnia's head theme. Surely Unicron won't be destroyed that easily.

15. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Dead Gods can still dream......

And that is the meanest cliffhanger since 'Best of Both Worlds pt 1'.

16. spiritprime

News Credits:
    Uh... was it just me, or was Optimus' sword still broken from "One Shall Fall"?

17. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Yeah, it was still broken in that ep.

Guess he was low on Energon.

18. SideswipePrime

SideswipePrime Reply Dump Extraordinaire

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!! they killed optimus...without killing him! :confused:  :eek: :jawdropper: 

this

and this

19. spiritprime

News Credits:
    Bit of a shocker, ain't it?

20. SideswipePrime

SideswipePrime Reply Dump Extraordinaire

yeah! oh my gosh, but i really hope it doesnt take the entire season to resolve it, and as soon as he said "megatronus" i knew exactly hat happened