Season 3 Rodimus

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Saberblade, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Primeultra

Primeultra Well-Known Member

Sorry but not the case

All the episodes of season 3 were produced at the same time the film was being made, and were all already finished and ready for airing when the film was released

so there’s no way what you just claimed is possible

• Like Like x 2
  2. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    Don't you know, when they make a TV show they release one for the week and then scramble to get the next one done just in time for next week, lol.

3. TheUltimateBum

TheUltimateBum Nautica Lover

It really does, doesn't it? That is the only episode where Rodimus acts pretty off. In all the others, he is perfectly in-character.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Primeultra

Can you image if that were the case lol

5. RobotKnight95

RobotKnight95 Unamused and Insane

News Credits:
    Yeah youre right. I just checked my source and turns out I was wrong. His arc was just jumbled

• Like Like x 1
  6. Primeultra

More like bipolar lol

7. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Not entirely true. SG Hot Rod is basically Starscream… except he actually succeeds in Killing Optimus and becoming Rodimus Prime. But other than the EVIL version of Hot Rod who wanted to be leader no HEROIC version of Hot Rod ever deliberately got Optimus killed.

8. RVeaks1973

RVeaks1973 Ghost in the Machine.

All optimus had to do was finish off megatron instead of talking. Hasbro felt that kids were tired of buying the same figures and wanted something different. And in order keep the show and toy line alive they decided they needed new characters.

9. Longitudinalwave

Longitudinalwave A Big Fan of (Sound/Shock)wave

I know. Like I said, I don't actually blame Hot Rod for Optimus' death, and you do have a point about Optimus talking instead of shooting. In-story, there were a LOT of factors involved, and out of story, it was, obviously, meant to sell new toys.

Good point. I totally forgot about Shattered Glass Hot Rod. :oops: 

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2020
  10. Primeultra

Well they brought back Optimus too late......the damage had already been done.It my understanding that some networks had already decided not to buy any more seasons of the show mid season 3

which could be why the rebirth wasn’t picked up by every network to carry the other seasons

Your confusing the Japanese continuity

They did their own thing, they weren’t happy with Hasbros idea fir headmasters it’s bringing a Optimus back , which is why they didn’t import the rebirth at the time

11. Saberblade

Saberblade Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I heard that they started making the movie when Season 2 began. I don’t know if it’s true

12. Primeultra

From my understanding, early scripts for the film were being written when season was was finishing production/started airing

but those early scripts were very different then the final script

13. TheUltimateBum

TheUltimateBum Nautica Lover

It's the main reason why Devastator is shown as the ultimate threat in the movie, because he was the only combiner around during the time of production (whereas during season two, he basically was turned into a punching bag). No Omega Supreme, no Superion, no Menasor, no nothing. Devastator was the largest Transformer at the time (unless you count Jetfire/Skyfire, who was never gonna appear in the movie due to his toy basically being a redeco of a Macross toy).

14. Longitudinalwave

Poor Devastator....he got hit worse by old toy syndrome than anyone except Marvel Omega Supreme.

• Like Like x 1
  15. MrUniqZ

MrUniqZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Not to derail but when I was a kid I imagined season 3 as a dark dystopian space hellscape. I had seen almost all of seasons 1-2 plus movie. The question in my child mind was what will happen now that Prime died.

But the signal from the TV station crapped out for season 3 and I barely saw 3 episodes total. What I did see through all the fuzz was dark space, a jagged and cold world of Cybertron, Unicrons dead head, a raving Galvatron, a ghost Starscream, and a zombie Optimus.

I barely caught a glimpse of Rodimus but my impression was that he was a leader struggling to put the pieces together after Optimus’ and other autobot deaths threw things in disarray. A far cry from the ark crew adventures on earth with the bright desert landscapes, blue skies, and the Autobots foiling Megs time and again. As a kid I was thinking the stakes were really serious after the movie introduced death and Rodimus had to contend that which is why he came of way more solemn to me than Prime.

16. Primeultra

That’s the company line but in all honesty I always found it to be a BS excuse.

By the time the final script for the film was written and undergone all revisions, and went into storyboard phase , Hasbro would have Licensed characters like Omega

If the coneheads made it into the film there’s no reason why Omega couldn’t

I’m also sure Hasbro would have had the molds for the scramble city combiners as well but might not have sent them to Marvel for character bios yet

• Like Like x 1
  17. ErickCruz

ErickCruz Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Rodimus got screwed. We were barely starting to see the growth of a character after taking over for a legend when he got the rug pulled from under him.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Refletor3

Refletor3 Banned

One can argue that the optimus prime who returned was not quite the same guy. His program, circuits, and spark where all tampered with by the quintessons.
    It seems to me Rodimus, at the end of his time in office as autobot leader, decided himself, that he did not want the burden of leadership. He in fact had no problems with giving this burden to optimus prime when he returned.

19. Longitudinalwave

So, like "Dark Awakening 2.0"? Optimus DOES seem dazed and confused throughout "The Rebirth", at the very least. If nothing else, this makes for a great conspiracy theory!

20. Refletor3

Refletor3 Banned

Before dwelling in the possibilities....lets look at facts.
    First the quints reprogrammed him to do their bidding. (Dark awakening).
    The quints then used prime in an attempt to wipe out all the autobots.
    Then, (in return of optimus prime), we are told that humans save optimus prime, before he was completely destroyed. But his body was again lifeless at this point. A quintesson then brings optimus back to life...(yet again)... but prime re-awakens during the hate plague....and he finds himself attacked by everyone....
    But getting back on topic....his program and very being was in fact tampered with by quintessons.....twice.
    I think fortress maximus eventually went on to succeed prime as leader.....if they continued season 4. Perhaps as the japanese continuation indicates....prime would once again meet his end.