1. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    OR we see several appear who got drawn in because hey, some can't let sleeping dogs lie and want to restart things.

2. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    which might also mean Optimus will suffer from the Worf Effect a lot of the time.

This is why having him in the main cast is a bad idea, it just doesn't work for the show.

It's weird every Autobot except Jazz that's appeared is now part of the main team.....I hope Jazz comes back. he showed up before Drift and not once has been mentioned since.

3. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What if Optimus leaves at the start of Season 2 to reason with the council on Cybertron.

4. ericepy

ericepy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wish we had more info on season 2 even happening. I really enjoyed season 1 and my kids really enjoyed it as well. the lack of them talking about it at sdcc or even having any toy info is disturbing.

5. darkspellmaster

darkspellmaster Well-Known Member

Right now the fate of RID stands in the hands of CN and unless CN saw some numbers up there I'm not sure on this. The only problem I'm seeing right now coming in from CN having a hold of Hasbro Studios is that they may want to change things up again. Bare in mind that the original plans were to have Starscream as the main baddie to follow up on Predacons rising, and I'm betting anything that there would possibly have been more about Smokescreen and his future as a Prime. But that was suddenly changed before the start of the season. My worry is Executive medaling give that Rescue Bots are already nearly finished with Season 4. On top of that you have the work of Polygon Pictures from Japan, which is normally a good group but, right now they just finished airing the last of their latest work with Knights of the Sedonia, and my guess is that we won't hear much about things until CN decides to announce it's fall line up closer to August.

Just crossing fingers it works out.

6. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    wait where did they say Starscream was going to be the villain originally?

7. darkspellmaster

According to a seller I met at Anime Midwest, apparently Steve Blum mentioned at a panel that Starscream was going to be the main bad of RID and then they changed it up before they started to do voice recording when it switched to CN.

I only have her word on this, but it wouldn't surprise me given that they made a fast switch over to CN and were supposed to premier on Discovery Family. And it makes sense for the change on CN given they prefer a single episode format over one that connects.

8. Slingshot

Slingshot Back In the Game

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I don't see how that would work, plus it is coming from someone who could make up a story. I'd be more optimistic if Blum said this to a news site.

9. Fanatic97

Fanatic97 Fanatic97

So Discovery screwed us over.

Ya know what I hate the most about the whole matter is discovery just began re airing the same stuff that they had been RE RUNNING since before the Hub. Before making it another stupid reality TV network that airs Movies at night and Hasbro re runs in between.

I kinda want to see how fast it will take them to lose revenue, and then if Hasbro tries their hand at the Hub again, I say cut Discovery out of the deal 100%

10. darkspellmaster

How in the world did they get back the Hub anyway?

I would agree on the news source, thing is that it does seem at least feasible due to the fact that RID was supposed to be a follow up, and then the producers said that it was a show that was connected but not really connected.

11. Fanatic97

Fanatic97 Fanatic97

According to discover it wasn't doing what they wanted so they took it back/bought out Hasbro's stock so they could make "improvements"

GREAT JOB GUYS!

12. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    awww man this would have been great.

Fuck You Discovery...Fuck You.

I hope it's not too late to at least still have some resemblance of the old plan later on?

13. Slingshot

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Guys... aren't we taking this a little too seriously? How do we know Blum actually said this? Besides, I doubt they could have changed the story that late in production.

14. Fanatic97

Fanatic97 Fanatic97

Actually heres the thing.

Steeljaw talks and acts like Starscream, he does VERY little fighting in the show and he's more on the cunning side of things.

I dunno about you but it seems to me like he was SUPPSOED to be Starscream

15. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    I have discovered to hate discovery, let them transfer Rescue Bots to some other channel.

16. Slingshot

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That's the same as saying that Jazz was originally supposed to be Blaster in the cartoon because he acts like Blaster and has a flip down visor, yet doesn't wear it often. We have a lot of characters in Transformers who act very similar to one another.
    I'm not saying you're wrong, but the likelihood of that being the case just doesn't seem very likely, unless Hasbro knew about Discovery Family back in 2012 when Predacons Rising was being produced.

17. darkspellmaster

Thing is how long has the contract been in the making for Discovery Family? Networks switching over isn't an overnight thing either, it takes a few years to get things going, and if Discovery went to the Hasbro and told them this ahead of time, it would mean that they would have to find a network to pitch their stuff on. That means making something up for a pitch, and it takes time to shop around to network television, especially in the animation department since there's only a hand full of networks that still run non re-run shows.

Disney XD
    Nick
    CN
    These are your three big shots since Vortex is no longer in exisitance and most larger networks won't air shows that aren't preschool or educational anymore due to costs and such.

Let's assume that Hasbro knew that it was going to be booted off, you need a pitch then to go to other networks, these networks won't take your stuff unless you conform to what they want. Nick already has Turtles, I'm not sure if Transformers would fit their network all that well, Disney already has Marvel, and that leaves CN as your main go to. Hub was going to be the other, but that got shafted it seems.

Production for a show takes what two to three years roughly, and since RID is doing it Pre-lay (actors record first) that doesn't mean that the scripts were all done, in some cases changes are being made all the time before actors record things.

Again I can only guess, but given how the Producers stated that it is and it isn't a follow up to Prime, I'm guessing a lot got shuffled around and changed as a means of fitting into something that CN could take.

I really wish I could find the panel where he was talking about this.

18. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    when will season 2 start

19. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Wow, I've missed a lot of really silly stuff. Discovery buying back the Hub isn't the reason RID isn't very connected to Prime. The reason can be found by reading the things Hasbro has said and using simple logic.

Hasbro has, on multiple occasions, stated that RID is meant to be aimed at a younger audience and that is reflected by it's toyline being comprised of only simplified figures. From that, you can easily assume that RID's first season has been designed with minimal ties to Prime to make it more accessible to kids who haven't seen Prime (I think the creators might have outright said so but I'm not certain). If Starscream had been the villain, they would have to make too many references to Bee's encounters with him in Prime, bringing in too much continuity. The creators have said that, in following seasons (after they've established a following from the non hardcore fans) they will bring in more Prime elements and I see little reason not to believe them.

20. Weezie

Weezie Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Aren't Prowl and Ironhide going to show up in season 2?

Speaking of Prowl, I really wish they had gone with the Tiny Titans artwork of him rather than the design they're using.