Season 2 Speculation Thread [SPOILERS!]

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by jostru, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I actually kind of hope Orion stays with the Decepticons longer than a 2 or three parter just to see how it will affect him in the long run and how the Autobots cope.

Probably won't happen, but it would be something interesting to see I think. At least he didn't die for the umpteenth time. Optimus Prime may as well be Kenny from South Park.

2. Eye of Unicron

Eye of Unicron Active Member

If Ratchet's gonna be the interim leader, Wheeljack should come back and be Team Prime's engineer and scientist. The synthetic energon would be handled better by the maverick than by the medic.

3. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same here. Wouldn't mind a new paint job and name change either coughscourgecough. :) 

4. Autob ironhide

Autob ironhide Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Out of the four main autobots that we have now I dont see any of them leading the team in optimus prime absence who every wheeljack brings back with him has to be the leader hoping its ultra magnus.

5. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How do you know we haven’t just witnessed it; the biggest threat in Transformers history is no more—that’s pretty major.
    Has it been confirmed that the Fallen will be part of this new branding of the Transformers. Yes, I know the Fallen is Megatrononus’ new name, but what have we seen that said they’re going to follow that route? Megatron not only defied a gods command, but made it clear that he takes orders from no one. Moreover, it was made clear that Megatron, not the Fallen, created the Decepticons in Transformers Prime, which is different from the movies and perhaps the comics too.
    When/where was it confirmed that the Fallen was going to get a toy? I would like to see it. I recall seeing Iron Hide, Skyquake and Knockout’s prototypes along with much of the current cast, but not the Fallen’s.

Just curious, but since did toy representation mean guaranteed cartoon appearances?
    You may be mistaken. Where did you hear that bit about Ultra Magnus appearing in season 2?

The interviews online gave some major hints about season 2, but I don’t recall Ultra Magnus’ name being dropped. Can you kindly point me to your source?
    This is what I’ve been saying and hoping for since I knew they were attempting to make their own Transformer.
    Whoever said Wheeljack was bringing anyone back or that he would be back?

When Optimus wasn’t at the base, Ratchet has already been shown to take control, giving orders the Autobots followed. How can you not see him filling the role of interim commander?

6. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    It would be interesting if, with the wisdom of the ages lost when the Matrix was expended, Optimus has to gain experience and wisdom once again through his own efforts. It'd definitely be nice to see the character interaction we once got with TFA Prime, more down to earth and relateable.

7. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    He might be mixing it up with details from the books and from fan speculation. Ultra Magnus is the leader of the Wreckers in Exiles/Exodus if I recall correctly.

8. hellrasinbrasin

hellrasinbrasin Well-Known Member

I would laugh my butt off if Starcream defects to the Autobots just to get rid of Megatrons new 2nd in Command Orion Pax by restoring his memory by bringing Jack with him to The Nemesis to return The Key of Vector Sigma to Optimus so his memory can be restored.

9. fabexmax

fabexmax Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    2 words. HOT ROD!

10. Sockie

Sockie Veteran

News Credits:
    Stasis =/= death.

I'd suggest we wait for 100% confirmation before saying Unicron's passed on.

I don't understand what you're asking. Yes, it's been confirmed that the Fallen is in the Aligned continuity as one of the Thirteen. His design has been shown at conventions. He was mentioned in "Partners." He's been mentioned in Exodus and Exiles--there may be inconsistencies abound among these and Prime, but the story of the Thirteen is something that's being told through all of them, and the Fallen is clearly involved. The Fallen did not create the Cons outside of the movies.

Wheeljack has been said to be a recurring character by his voice actor, James Horan. "Recurring" means that, yes, he'll be back.

11. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

I'll just throw in that the moon could be similar to Unicrons head orbiting around Cybertron in G1.

12. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This may be true, but how can you argue that Stasis Lock ≈ Death?

The last time Unicron and Primus and the original 13 were tearing it up was millions of years ago. With him being a stasis yet again, beaten by the same power that put him in his million+ year sleep, I think it’s a safe bet to assume he’ll be gone for just as long this time around too, and if that’s the case, he won’t be coming back during any existing characters’ lifetime especially the humans’ if not humanity itself.

Wait for what? His spark disintegrated before our very eyes. If Unicron wasn’t considered to be a god by Cybertronians, I would have assume that he was dead for keeps, but because he isn’t and he’s come back from defeat many times over, I’m willing to assume that he will return—just not anytime during this or the next millennia (without some sort of intervention).

Interesting. Are there pictures of his design’s floating around online somewhere?

I don’t doubt that the Fallen is part of this universe, I’m aware of the name drop made by Bulkhead, but I’m reluctant to assume he’ll be portrayed the same—Dark Energon in Exodus isn’t the blood of Unicron. While Megatronous may be the father of the Decepticons in one continuity, he isn’t in this; it has already been confirmed by a flash back that Megatron is the one credited for that creation.
    So what exactly was his role outside of the movie universe—I’m unfamiliar with his comic representation. Was he a herald of Unicron? I can’t see him as one of those either as Unicron’s own arrogance shows us a powerful entity who is as much a loner as he is powerful.

That’s cool, but recurring doesn’t mean permanent either. He could be back for a little bit and then off again. I’d rather he became a cast regular, but I guess we’ll have to wait and see exactly what he does and for how long he’ll do it.

13. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    One more word: Lawsuit!

as I recall another company already has legal ownership of the name Hot Rod, which is why there has been no new Hot Rod since G1. There's a Hot Shot, but no Hot Rod.

Whatever happens for season 2, I just hope they don't rush things. I would like to see how they go about now that Unicron is out of the way.

jD001

14. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    Actually, I seem to recall that Dark Energon in Exodus IS of Unicron.

The exact "blood of Unicron" phrase isn't used, but I thought it got referenced at some point.

Stuff did roughly line up with Exodus though. And as for Megatronus, given he betrayed the other members of the Thirteen, I fully expect him to turn up trying to ressurect his master. After all, it took a fancy planetary alignment to reboot Unicron's spark, and it could well be Unicron reactivated him as a contingency.

15. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    "Hot Rod" refers more to how Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime's tenure was, where he struggled to live up to his legacy.

This could be well done, as past precedent shows fallible Primes make good characters.

16. bio9205

bio9205 Knocked Out

I remember Prime commenting in Part 2 that the power of the Matrix would only put Unicron in stasis, not kill him. Just like the original Thirteen could only defeat, not kill, him. So I guess we can expect to see Unicron again at some point.

Oh, and I'm shipping Orion x Knockout right now.

17. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  18. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I doubt it'll happen, but I can see the potential for Unicron coming back later on in the show. Would take a major event to do so, but I wouldn't count it as completely out of the realm of possibility just yet.

Only one of them has been shown outside of the Botcon panels, and that's Prima.

If I'm not mistaken, in the War Within's story (the Fallen's fist appearance), he was the first herald of Unicron, and had something to do with his release (which was how he "fell", and was rebranded as "the Fallen"). Though we still don't know exactly what his role will be in TFP just yet. Considering he's getting a toy, I would be surprised if he doesn't show up at some point.

19. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd like to see what can bring a spark back from the netherworld.

If Unicron isn’t completely dead, sometime soon—his very existence puts humanity in jeopardy. He’s too dangerous to be left alive. If he cannot be killed, however, a million+ years slumber should suffice.
    No pictures of this one either, huh?

Release from what? How does one trap Unicron? Was he not the size of a planet in the comics?

I am curious to see how the Fallen will be portrayed this time and how he took or was given that moniker in the first place, as Transformers Prime has already told us that Primus and the Primes defeated Unicron and that peace was had, and that Megtron wrecked the place during the twilight hours of Cybertron’s Golden Age. So what did the Fallen do? Was he responsible for the inequality among the masses that Ratchet spoke of—sounds pretty underwhelming if that’s the case. I can’t see the Fallen coming close to the level of awesomeness seen in Unicron, Megatron or Optimus even given what we know of Cybertron’s past (and we know quite a bit actually).

I wonder if the Fallen fell after Megatron turned his back on the council and Orion—Exodus spoke of Council members siding with Megatron. Did the Primes sit on the council or were those just lucky Cybertronians? In the flashback with Prime making his case before the Council, we can see one of the Primes clearly (the one encased in energy) and another one partially, but were they actually there or were those statues of them?

We are being led to believe that Megatron’s war corrupted the planet’s core (Primus), but was that more a figure of speech or something more literal. Did Megatron have help (the Fallen)? What did Megatron want with the Matrix of Leadership anyway?

20. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    I'm gonna guess that Astrotrain WILL be one of the new decepticons, since they've said that a Transforming Train is something they want to do.

New autobot predictions:
    Jazz or Sideswipe (small)
    Hoist or Trailcutter (large)