Season 2 discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by MeGrimmy53, Dec 11, 2011.

1. MeGrimmy53

MeGrimmy53 Well-Known Member

Transformers Prime Season 2 is going to have new teritory for a transformers tv series. First of all Optimus has suffered animeisa and thanks to trickery from Megatron, Optimus is now a Decepticon. It is going to be a very intresting season.
    It is going to involve the Autobots coming to grips with lossing their leader.

I think that things that should be in season 2 would be the Arrival of Grimlock and the Dinobots who I think in this series should be composed of Snarl (Triceratops), Sludge (Alamosaurus because I want the Alternaity Dinobots to be comprosed completly of North American Late Cretaceous dinosaurs so no Apatosaurus or Stegosaurus), Swoop (the second in command who turns into a Pteradon) and a female (I think the Autobots need more girls) bot who transforms in to a Parasaurolophus (uses sound to attack). With Optimus now on the Decepticon side, Grimlock takes over (like the Marvel series Grimlock is intelligent but due to an irreparible damaged vocal processor he can only talk like a caveman) and the Autobots have deal with the change in command. Unlike Optimus, Grimlock has no empthany towards the humans. At the same time Grimlock is has to come to grips with aftermath of the experiment that Shockwave did to him and his team which resulted in them transforming into Robotic dinosaurs

2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Nice ideas mate and kudos for thinking of a female Dinobot too! Well Optimus won't have amnesia forever because that's too big a risk for Hasbro but if they can pull it off during his absence then great!:) 

Honestly I would really like to see Grinlock in charge of Team Prime for a while too! It can bring soem intresting story elements and tension like with Grimlock's realist view on life and how he goes overboard by going extreme with fighting Decepticons and such.

3. IceMagnus

IceMagnus SSJIcey'95

News Credits:
    I am kinda indiffrent on Dinobots. (Please don't hate me for sayin that *covers head*)

4. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    That's okay!:)  It's not a crime to dislike the Dinobots!

5. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, they did say that there would be a 'Dinobot esque' character in the series... maybe it's Dinobot.

jD001

6. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic

News Credits:
    I think that meant there would be a character who switches sides, like Dinobot did in Beast Wars.

Anyway, I'd love to see Warpath make an appearance in Season 2.

7. MeGrimmy53

I really like everyones opinions.

8. AlexaStar

AlexaStar Starscream is love

Heh, the female Dinobot who would transform into a Parasaurolophus.......reminds me of Ducky from the Land Before Time series.

9. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    I just hope that the Dinobots, when introduced, aren't the same ol' same ol' Tyrannosaurus-Triceratops-Pteranodon-Stegosaurus-Apatosaurus quintuplet we always see referenced and rehashed. Let's get ourselves an Ankylosaurus, a Stygimoloch, and an Iguanodon, shall we?

10. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    I dunno, the Dinobots seem to already have a set status in the Aligned continuity, judging by FOC. In that, they are the original 5 dinos, and assuming FOC follows the general character outlines given by the Aligned Bible, which it very likely does, then the 5 original dinos were probably the only definite traits required of them. This is all pure speculation, but I have a strong feeling that they'll be the original 5 dinosaurs if they do show up. Which is a bit of a pity, as you named some fucking cool dinosaurs.

11. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    We can always hope they'll add more beyond the five in season 3 or so.

12. MeGrimmy53

The second half of season 2 may even have Shockwave showing up proper (not just in one of the Dinobots flashbacks) and he had brought allong his own robotic dinosaur team the Deceptisaur Force (a homage to the Dinoforce from the Japanese Victory segement of Generation 1) who are the finished products of the experiment he did to the Dinobots. One of the Decepticsaurs is a Stegosaurus who may be Snarl who either turned traitor or was reprogramed by Shockwave. The other members of the Deceptisaur Force would be Goryu (who turns into a Giganotosaurus), also there would be a Brachiosaur, a female Spinosaurus, a Quetzalcoatlus (or some other Azhdarchidae pterosaur) and a Utahraptor (possibly a beast wars Dinobot Expy)

13. crewboy7

crewboy7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd bet my ball-bearings that it'll be Breakdown. I thought he was going to switch sides in Operation Breakdown. It's pretty obvious that he's having doubts about the decepticon cause. :D 

14. Chromia217

Chromia217 I luv Mark Hamill

I read in an article from last month that Wheeljack would be back, we get to see how Bee lost his voice and if he might get it back, and Optimus might be getting the Decepticon logo stamped on him.

15. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    I think we can count on Shockwave showing up sometime in Season 2, considering he's the fourth big name Decepticon.

16. TransRavak25

TransRavak25 Maximal

be awesome to see the dinobots but only in the cybo-dino modes maybe a story could go like this:shockwave comes to earth with an insecticon army(with the commanders like shrapnell, bombshell and kickback) and the dinobots (as prisoners) to bring to megatron while being followed by jazz, ironhide and 'insert cool character here' trying to get them back. i think it would be a cool way to bring in a larger cast (imao) while keeping it in the FOC storyline

17. longhaulsub

longhaulsub BULL IN THE CHINA SHOP

I am looking forward to Jack and the key to Vector Sigma and what is going to transpire with that. :thumbs2: 

Can that be used to replenish Prime's memories and character?

And yes, I want to see at least one Dinobot show up. :) 

18. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, it might be best not to rupture history any further. Maybe new dinobots could appear in the future so that there could be 'the war of the dinobots!

But if the dinobots do appear, and I hope they do, I think they should be based on their Fall of Cybertron counterparts.

Plus, I like the idea of Grimlock being a knight with the ability to turn into an unstoppable T-rex.

For some reason I picture the relationship between Grimlock and Optimus Prime being like that of Batman and Superman from the Justice League cartoon. Grimlock would be like Batman and Optimus Prime would be superman. Although in this case, Batman would be more powerful than Superman. But in terms of attitude, personality and relationship; I think its quite similar.

Looking at the trailer, I liked how Grimlock just nods at Optimus Prime's look as if he knows exactly what Prime is asking( they understand each other through more than words). I think they don't see eye to eye in some things but they have a deep respect for each other.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  19. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can't you already see it playing out in your mind? It could be almost a direct beat-for-beat translation of The Key to Vector Sigma 2-parter from G1. Not that I hope they go that route, but with Jack now holding the key and Optimus devoid of his original memories, I can see something happening which involves Jack helping Op to get in front of Vector Sigma, and that key playing a very (ahem) key role in the process of restoring Optimus fully.

Now, how the story gets there- especially with Optimus joining the Decepticons first- will be exciting storytelling! Obviously O.P. will get his memories back, but how the story zigs and zags until then will be fun.

20. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm beginning to see the advantage of the aligned continuity

I'm seeing the advantage of the aligned continuity. As of now, news regarding Transformers Prime( as a seperate entity) is quite slow. But because it's part of a whole, the aligned continuity; Hasbro is still able to continue to flesh out the Prime/Aligned continuity universe.

Take for example the recent trailers and and interviews on Fall of Cybertron; thorugh these we get a glimpse of how intricate and complex the Prime universe truly is.

Transformers Fall of Cybertron Making of the Cinematic Trailer - YouTube

And now from these interviews for FOC we get to know more about Grimlock even before he can be shown in Prime. We also get to understand more of the autobots predicament on Cybertron. We get to see that in the final days, the autobots weren't just fighting for their ideals, they were fighting to survive. They were trying to stop their extermination.

And looking at it, I guess that's why there is so much respect for Megatron. Eventhough his actions doomed all of Cybertron, he was in a way still the winner of the war.

And from here, I get to ask: "How do these various revalations effect Prime's future episodes?"