Seacons as Pulse figures EXCLUSIVE. NO online sales.

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by stprime, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    why would a usa based retailer buy another companies goods from a company that isnt producing them? no other etailers have mentioned anything about cancelling the seacons, it stands to reason bbts thought they could get them cheaper by ordering from hasbro and getting more profit or they mistakenly thought the seacons were hasbro product rather than takara

• Like Like x 2
  2. Dorksidetoys

Dorksidetoys Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Like BBTS we communicate directly with Hasbro and these items were always going to be a Pulse exclusive here in the U.S. As indicated in the email, Hasbro did originally give us the ok to pre-sell. That was back on Aug 6th, but they notified us the same day, 90 minutes after the original email went out and told us the info was given out in error and these were Pulse only U.S. I get as frustrated with Hasbro as anyone, but they didn't pull rug out from anyone here. They made a mistake but quickly realized it and notified us.

BBTS is the only site sponsor here who has a direct relationship with Hasbro and as such they're required adhere embargoes that Hasbro may put in place. Those type of restrictions are not really enforceable for retailers who order from distributors so it's entirely possible that if you pre-ordered at TFsource or somewhere else you could still get it. The best thing to do is to reach out to whoever you pre-ordered with and ask what their plan is for sourcing these items.

• Like Like x 8
  3. dirtweed

dirtweed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That’s clearly speculation on your part and you have no proof to back that up.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DutyBeforeAll

DutyBeforeAll Well-Known Member

Well I’ve canceled my preorder for #3 and #4 at Hasbro Pulse, since my preorder for the First Two at BBTS won’t be honored I don’t need them.

Maybe they’ll release a Beast Wars recolor five pack later.

The worst thing is that I would’ve just preordered from Pulse to begin with had I known. I’m really bummed out.

Maybe if everyone that only has the later two Seacons ordered on Pulse cancelled at the same time they would take notice .

5. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    while thats true, look at the post just above yours from @Dorksidetoys it kind of helps reinforce my theory that this is a bbts screw up. again, nobody else has chimed in to say the seacons are cancelled so thats further evidence that they sourced from takara and not hasbro (people other than bbts)

• Like Like x 2
  6. st.ranger

st.ranger Emperor of Destruction

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I do not get that logic. If it is Takara product, why it cannot be listed online? Only if Hasbro make special deal with Takara about it and make it exclusive only for Pulse. But it is just my speculation.

They are still on preorder in TFsExpress.

7. John ofthe Dead

John ofthe Dead Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    No, it absolutely doesn't. It's the exact opposite. BBTS was told by Hasbro, "It's OK to solicit these toys for sale." BBTS opened up the pre-order window, and several people placed orders. THEN Hasbro came back and said, "Whoops, jk, never mind, you can't sell them after all." At that point, BBTS took down the pre-order page. Where, at any point in this narrative, did BBTS "screw up"?

8. Lody666

Lody666 Brother of Bruticus

News Credits:
    You people don't really think that you wont be able to easily get these figures on the Hasbro Pulse website later down the line, right? I swear, toy collectors have such short memories and little to no ability to see the big picture.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Lody666

Lody666 Brother of Bruticus

News Credits:
    Or you could just make nice with some US friends and ask them to order them for you.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bbts failed to inform their customers, in fact bbts told their customers the listings would be back “soon”. Bbts also tried to order through hasbro rather than Takara, regardless of what hasbro told them initially, these are Takara products and bbts should have taken that into consideration. They’re not new to this and that’s a rookie mistake

• Like Like x 1
  11. John ofthe Dead

Ebay:
    Hasbro *can't* order these through Takara. They were semi-retroactively made Pulse exclusives. If BBTS were to get them from Takara, they would be in danger of losing *all* of Hasbro's business. You really think they want to run that risk? There's plenty of blame to go around here, most of which is predicated on Hasbro's initial faulty go-ahead. Stop trying to put this all on BBTS's lap.

12. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hasbro HAS to order these through Takara. If bbts can’t then why aren’t all the other retailers cancelling the seacons?

13. John ofthe Dead

Ebay:
    Do these other retailers have direct accounts with Hasbro, or through a middleman distributor? I'd lay long odds that anyone with a direct Hasbro account won't be able to get these either. Again, these are now Hasbro exclusive in the US. The end. Anyone else getting them is making an end run, and it's not worth it for BBTS to anger one of its biggest suppliers.

14. TheDecepticon

TheDecepticon Resident Asshole

News Credits:
    BBTS still failed to keep its customers informed of any changes. I still have 2x Gulf & 2x Turtler preordered through BBTS that havent been canceled but have yet to be informed via email regarding their status (and thats after speaking to them directly over the phone in mid August where I was told all was well). That is absolutely on them.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That may be true, but if so then bbts still lied to their customers after pulling the listings when they said the listings would be reposted. That is 100% on bbts, they aren’t the innocent victims of big bad hasbro here, they still screwed up regardless

• Like Like x 1
  16. UltraMagnanimus

UltraMagnanimus Fully Articulated. NOW WITH LIGHTS AND SOUNDS!

Yeah, also since people still have seacon preorders with Bbts that haven't been cancelled yet they obviously aren't on top of their game like they should be which is bad customer service since those people don't know if they should holdout hope for their figures or cut bait and order elsewhere.

• Like Like x 1
  17. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    I'll have to get on this when I get home. Pulse Premium hasn't done that much for me so far outside of free shipping. All I need is the torso.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  18. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Exactly

19. SectorStar

SectorStar Knightcron

Something that isn't sitting right for me about the original poster, he claims he got that email on Sept 12 and says his order was "canceled". First off why did he wait over 2 weeks to say anything when no one else has reported such an email? He also says his ordered canceled yet not a single person who pre ordered them from BBTS has said that their order were canceled, myself included. I'm thinking they'll probably end up being Pulse exclusives and we're all screwed but a lot of things about the OP isn't matching what the rest of use are seeing.

• Like Like x 3
  20. TheDecepticon

TheDecepticon Resident Asshole

News Credits:
    Part wishful thinking, part deductuve reasoning on my part so here we go.....

Lets say BBTS has 20 emoloyees. BBTS has each employee order the max allotment feom Pulse with a company card. BBTS then fills as many orders as they can, first come first serve. The rest are unfortunately out of luck.

I realize this is a completely tin foil hat scenario, but its all ive got to cling to atm