Seacons as Pulse figures EXCLUSIVE. NO online sales.

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by stprime, Sep 30, 2019.

1. LSyd

LSyd Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sucky. Back to waiting for the inevitable boxset reissue.

-

• Like Like x 1
  2. Turnip

Turnip Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To echo everyone else, since it being Pulse exclusive wasn't stated ahead of the window closing, I guess I won't be getting them.

3. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll believe it once the other retailers start canceling their pre-orders.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator

News Credits:
    Odd theory: wonder if it is a penalty for Zeta Unicron. Oh well. Hope more people can get more Seacons

• Like Like x 3
  5. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    My Seacons are still in my preorder list at BBTS. I\'ve yet to get that email 

6. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    People thought unification was going to make it easy to get the products that were easy to get for Japanese collectors? All we got was Hasbro quality at Takara prices...

It absolutely is Hasbro's fault for not communicating properly. They have been jerking small retailers around with orders for several years now. Solid cases that never happen, "solid" cases full of repacked returns from Walmart, assortments solicited the day before they're released, assortments delayed for months while they trickle or spill out into retail (in some places), not to mention the gag orders and street dating. It's a different type of stupidity/malice from them every day.

I half expect the reason preorders that slipped in weren't immediately cancelled is because three people from BBTS asked Hasbro a yes/no question and got three different answers.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  7. myrrh

myrrh Knell-Mown Wember

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 12
  8. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Force online shops to carry their Unicron toy to make it to a minimum order level. Force those same shops to stop carrying the much cheaper Seacons. Get your shit together Hasbro.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thing is, from day one, we knew the preorder window was limited. Star Convoy had a date on the product page and so did the Seacons. We knew they were a TTMall exclusive that Hasbro was also going to import. We knew this from day one. BBTS and the others always secured stock of TTMall exclusives in the past. Pretty sure they paid for them like everyone else and then marked them up to ensure a profit. They could have done the same with the Seacons, but apparently someone at Hasbro gave them misinformation, meaning they couldn’t get them directly from Hasbro like all of the other Hasbro figures. It’s likely one person at HP (we’ll call him Dave) who didn’t know the whole story and led BBTS on. Them Dave found out he was wrong about the situation, as this was something relatively new (importing TTMall exclusives). He assumed it was business as usual. Shame on Dave. In any case, BBTS probably should have just ordered them from TTMall like they always did for their exclusives and just sell them at a markup, but Dave screwed up and now they’re stuck. They did manage to get some Star Convoys, but they probably got them from TTMall or paid retail from Hasbro.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    not really. We’ve seen sites do this plenty of times where they see a new item and put up preorders thinking they’re gonna get it.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Aimless Misfire

Aimless Misfire Banned

News Credits:
    I missed the pre-order deadline for the first 2 so I ordered from TFSource.

12. all are dead

all are dead Being a nerd is my game.

News Credits:
    Sites jump the gun all the time just to be first, then find a way to submit orders afterward. It's the nature of the beast, and it's biting BBTS in the butt.

I do think though if theyre making these only available in the US by Pulse, they should have said that earlier, or extended the preorder window/just had preorders open indefinitely.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Gastrotrain

Gastrotrain Well-Known Member

The thing is that BBTS has a direct account with Hasbro and has stated in the past that they don't post preorders until Hasbro gives them the okay. So not only do they lose out on early buyers due to trying to do things the right way they also get screwed when something like this happens because they can't go through other channels to obtain stock. Hasbro is really messing up their business

• Like Like x 1
  14. Aimless Misfire

Aimless Misfire Banned

News Credits:
    How bout just let everybody that wants them order them & stop this "limited" horse shit? FUCK LIMITED! And FUCK EXCLUSIVE! Just produce your items,let people buy them & earn money. You know? Like a business? Isn't that the whole fuckin point? To make money? Stop playing these stupid ass games & just make your fucking product available. You have 1 job as a toy company & you can't even do that right.

I'm at the point where I'm totally sick of this shit & I don't want to deal with it anymore. What's gonna happen when more & more people join me? Most of us original G1 collectors are getting old. If you keep pissing us off do you have enough younger collectors to take our place? Kids don't give a shit about toys anymore. Is pissing us off really the smartest strategy?

I was waiting for October 1st to get my disability check & I was gonna order Soundblaster off Walmart.com. Now I got my money & it's OUT OF STOCK. Do I really want to deal with this constant aggravation/irritation/annoyance? Or can I find better things to do? Life sucks enough, I have to deal with bills, landlords & assholes every step of the way, do I need my hobby to drive me nuts too? Hobbies are supposed to be enjoyable & relaxing, but not this one!

• Like Like x 5
  15. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Goddammit Dave...get your sh*t together!

• Like Like x 2
  16. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    this has nothing to do with brand unification as that only pertains to mainlines and each company importing the others exclusives

no its not, bbts could have secured stock from takara, the company that is actually releasing the seacons, instead they tried to secure stock from a company that is importing them to sell on their own site. was stupid of bbts honestly

a preorder window makes sense considering hasbro has to order their stock of these guys from takara, they are not domestic releases with unlimited stock

the preorder window was right there at the top of the page on pulse, like most of their preorders and all of their takara import preorders. its not hasbros fault if people choose not to read their webpages

• Like Like x 9
  17. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Try to run a shop and tell me if you still think that.

• Like Like x 2
  18. metalwar2010

metalwar2010 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Then by BBTS' own words from their email, your product may not be "officially licensed through Hasbro" :lol 

In seriousness, this is poor managements of these figures. And Hasbro wonders why Unicron is struggling. I suspect Hasbro will offer more later via pre-order. They did it on a number of figures I was chasing down that were initially sold out.

19. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    It may have been assumed at first even by Hasbro that these would be no different than other TTMall Exclusives, but may have turned out to be much more limited.

Then again I like BBTS, but they might be full of it, as Kellen there makes a lot of claims in that e-mail that haven't been verified by any other retailer.

I like how BBTS basically said all other retailers are thieves that are selling Seacons illegally that must have fell off the back of a truck.

• Like Like x 2
  20. TargetmasterJoe

TargetmasterJoe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    My post came pretty late last night so here it is again, but updated:

Boy, this is getting ugly quickly...and right when NYCC is on the horizon.

Yeah, this does sound bad (and it is), but if the "fugly live-action Sonic" and "#SaveSpiderMan" debacles have taught me anything, it's that the Internet WILL raise hell to the point where the top brass wind up caving to the pressure and decide to change course later down the line.

It’s practically a circle of life at this point:

News site: "hey look! So and so is doing this unpopular idea!

Internet: Hey, we hate this unpopular idea! Booooo! Let’s rage about it for a month or so!

News site: Oh look, we’re not doing the thing no one likes! Sorry about that!

Rinse and repeat.

Though I guess we'll have to see if this is either the rule or the exception...

Anyone have a clue why this is happening?

• Like Like x 1