Seacons and universe 3 pack

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by catz, Jun 15, 2010.

1. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This opinion serves no purpose other than to justify a purchase. It's validity has no bearing on the impact of KOs.

2. mechfiend

mechfiend Well-Known Member

I hope this won't be exclusive to sdcc, I would love to be able to get both of these releases for a reasonable amount of money. Great news

3. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    I will definitely pick up that set if Classics Hot Rod's in it. I'll just sell off the extra Cyclonus, and add Galvatron to my Classics.

4. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Why? You could use the extra Cyclonus to serve as his "Armada".

5. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I am one of the people who paid 1000 bucks for 07 set. I'm not interested in the value of it, I bought it cos I wanted to put those toys on my shelves and couldn't afford to until the point where the prices had gone up that much. (yes, I had more money when they were expensive than I did when they weren't).

Also, while it's true that iGear is selling this year's individual BotCon figures on their site, they're selling them at a higher price than what they'd be if you bought the the boxset from FunPub (they're selling Breakdown and Spark and "Sky-Byte" (actually Gnaw, but it's the same mold and they're got it listed as Sky-Bute) for $89 each. Multiply $89 by 5 and it comes out to $445, quite a bit more than the $315 I'm paying for my 5 guys. So anyone who supports these iGear crooks are actually losing out on the deal (though they probably don't care cos they just want Breakdown and not the other figures)

6. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

I'm all over this if it's true.

7. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I think the argument, from these people's point of view, is that the FunPub Seacons were never as desirable as the G1 originals, because their color scheme had no basis in G1 itself. When it was first announced that the Seacons would be re-issued/recolored for Energon/Universe, people were excited by the chance to get the molds, but opinions on the chosen color scheme were divided.

When it comes to things like City Guardian or Twincast, Geewun nuts are excited to get these just because, at some point in time, those guys actually appeared in those color schemes in the cartoon. Even if it was just one episode, that's honestly enough to justify it in their minds. (this is why things like the iGear Autoscout sell. Despite the fact that it doesn't really do anything, it was in that 80s cartoon, hellll yeaaaah!)

On the other hand, the FunPub Seacons are just in some "made up" color scheme that the "new Hasbro" (way worse than the old Hasbro!) threw at us. Who in their right mind would pay for THAT when they could get the ORIGINAL!!! Nevermind that some people might honestly like the color scheme on its own merits, it is a discredit to the mold to release it in not-G1 colors!

Yes, I realize that's a lot of rambling hyperbole, but I'm sure that's (to a lesser extent) the way some people view it. Hell, even I, a guy who bemoans Geewun, am excited at the prospect of this new re-issue just because I'm a fan of the G1 color scheme, so I can see where they're coming from to a point. But, if I was someone who liked the mold and wanted all its variants, or someone who was genuinely impressed by the FunPub colors, I would still buy the FunPub version just for the sake of having it, regardless of what else gets re-issued. (just, as I said in my above post, like I bought the 07 set at marked up ebay prices just for the sake of having it)

8. dragon516

dragon516 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I whole heartedly agree about not supporting these crooks but then again I did get burned for not supporting stolen goods by not buying the stolen wonderfest black optimus samples that was floating around these forums. I was going to buy the real deal when it was suppose to come out for wonderfest but they cancelled it and no one was selling them anymore. It is hard enough to find one for sale now, less one for a decent price.

I know the value of the 2007 toys might not matter to you, but losing a significant chunk of money on plastic crack that one day somebody may need to sell to help pay for bills is kind of disheartening. It is not a retirement plan as some of the members are calling it here, but I have seen all too many collectors who have to sell their collection nowadays to make ends meet because of the bad economy. There are people who are less fortunate out there. I am fairly comfortable and spends mostly spare money on this hobby.

And then there are those who sell their extra sets of botcon as the years go by to fund future botcon trips. I am trying that myself but fail to sell enough to even pay for the 2010 registration fees ($315). Last year set really has no resell value. Almost as bad as the 2005 ones.

9. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I want em both. I've been waiting for a chance to own the Seacons again. Originals were lost in a break in some time ago and when the Timelines ones were released I was on a TF hiatus. The 3 pack would be ace if Rodimus was retooled and came with a retooling of Nightstick as Firebolt. And they all sported movie style colorings.

10. dragon516

dragon516 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Everything else said, I am getting both of these. Seacons are going to be great. Wish they would try releasing Bruticus combiner over here too.

11. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    I wonder who's getting these as a store exclusive then?

12. Nemesis*Prime

Nemesis*Prime Decepticon Warlord

News Credits:
    I'd love a Seacons box set. As for the three pack, the only one I'd want is Cyclonus but if his paint job is good enough I'll pick that up too.

13. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Actually, on the subject of the 3-pack, I wonder if there'll be any deco differences? I have all 3 in their Classics/Universe decos but I would be very interested if, for instance, Hot Rod has more G1-style hood markings, or Cyclonus gets a Henkei-ified shade of purple.

14. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think anyone answered my earlier question: how are UK residents supposed to obtain the Seacons?

15. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    When we know how/when they're being released, I was going to see if a very kind US member would be willing to pick some up for folks this side of the pond.

16. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Find a member here and work it out. It shouldn't be that hard to find someone who can get it for you at cost, assuming it's available at retail. You may have to front the money for the additional purchase but that should be understandable. Heck, I'll help you. Shoot me a PM and we'll go from there.

17. TheBigMachine

TheBigMachine Initiating JAZZ HANDS!

News Credits:
    I'm definitely for some slight repaints for the three pack:

1) Galvatron - Painted mostly gray w/ purple accents (on arms). Would prefer a new voyager class mold, done right though.

2) Cyclonus - Hard to improve on, but paint color could be more G1 accurate and could make fore-arms a richer purple (according to some renditions).

3) Hot Rod - Targetmaster anybody? Otherwise, already pretty darn awesome. Perhaps slightly altered flame deco and more G1 yellow spoiler.

18. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's great about the 3-pack, I missed Rodimus the first time and don't want to pay $100 for him

19. CURAMEN

CURAMEN LOS ANGELES COLLECTIVE

News Credits:
    If this rumor is true, then all will be bought!

20. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    1) How come no one has mentioned the obvious yet. Chrome all over these suckers!!!!!

2) Will we be hearing news about the "Lucky Draw" blue bumblebee soon?

3) The 2007 Botcon set at cost was $500 and some change. Unless Hasbro goes out of there way to re-make all of the figures it won't drop below that value. If you paid more for them them on the secondary market (which I did) you don't have a right complain about Hasbro/Funpub/Botcon. These high prices and scalpers only exist because people are willing to shell out the dough.

4) It's been three years since GOD came out. Hasbro's doing the fans a favor by releasing the seekers now (while cashing in also). Do you seriously believe Hasbro knew it was going to be releasing these in Generations back in 07 when Cybertron was winding down, the Movie was starting up, Animated was on the horizon, Henkei didn't exist and classics was a filler?