Seacons and Nightbeat Update

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Petes Robot Convention, May 23, 2008.

1. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Now to try to botain a Seacon giftset. I want it. The Seacons were the only combiner groupe I hade comoplete as a kid and I love the mold. So who is a member of TFCC and wants to order me one :D 

2. Feralstorm

Feralstorm To Infinity - and Your Mom TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hmmm, gonna need to spend some time thinkin' on this one.

3. tobecat

tobecat Transformers KISS Toby TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I am a fan of them so I will get them both...

4. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For those who aren't members, just FYI... If I'm right on the timing, if you join now to get the Seacons, you'll also get next year's club combiner figure which is is the Energon Barricade mold WITH a new gestalt head. Even by himself, I consider him a great toy. I'm pretty sure that he makes a cameo on the Shattered Glass comic, too. (That'd be so cool if the next trip after Transtech is the Shatteredverse to pick up Cliffjumper and Shattercade).

Chris

5. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I can do this all day! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Well, after thinking about it, the $120 isn't as bad as it sounds when you consider the packaging and stuff. I think what put me off last night was the fact that they weren't going to combine shipping, but based on the poll it looks like they may end up doing so.

Still, going to have to wait and see how things go... had to pay some unexpected bills with my stimulus check and what I've been saving is set aside for Animated & Universe which is going to be coming in droves starting every month from the end of July based on release dates and, frankly, I want those more than the club exclusives. I guess I'll just have to wait and see on my money situation and hope that they either don't sell out... though I hope they do as this year is supposed to determine if we'll see anymore club exclusives.

Pretty sure that it was mentioned at the club panel (or whatever they call it) that next year they're going to be switching up to the Shattered Universe with the club stories so it fits in really well.

Last edited: May 24, 2008
  6. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    Want Nightbeat, but goodness are these expensive.

7. Obvious Prime

Obvious Prime Purple Repaint

News Credits:
    Then I'll have to join next year, too. But I hope they make SG Grimlock find some sort of hidden intellegence program inside him so go goes from "RAWR!" to "I, Grimlock, genius supreme, am scandalized, Wot?"

OH GOD YES!!!

8. Obvious Prime

Obvious Prime Purple Repaint

News Credits:
    Yeah. I think it's a mummy or a skeleton or something.

9. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    If the price on the seacons were cheaper, I might have considered joining and ordering them.

But considering I just pieced together a G1 seacon set, for under $100, There's no way i'm gonna now. Took me a few weeks, and a couple hours of search in boards/threads, but it wasn't that bad to do.

10. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    i need to start selling more stuff so i can buy these...luckiliy i start my summer job in two weeks, so then i'll have my regular teaching paychecks come in, as well as my apple store checks...then i need to buy these and save for animated and uniclassicsverse

11. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Pete, they look good to me! I'll be getting both. :D 

12. unicrons_hammer

unicrons_hammer Banned

that craptacular newsletter sure is not a reason to join that is for sure!!!
    I am with you...i would have MAYBE ordered them if they had had the preorder back up in March or April when they first said...now that i have to renew and give them $160 plus Shipping..to reuse the famous....

FUCK THAT NOISE!!!!!!!

13. RidgeRanger

RidgeRanger Banned

I would like to know the answer to this also.

14. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Eye-Goon > Perceptor

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure he somehow does. I think that the whole "Dungeons and Dinobots" text story coming eventually is still in the same "shattered universe" as the comic, but they'll be changing a few things over the course of D&D to make it a bit more like the April Fools' joke. It won't be nearly as hokey, of course, but I think they're going for a bit more of a balance-- hence why Jazz's only line in the Botcon comic, a last-minute addition, was Mr. T-ish.

Congratulations, you have made it onto my ignore list. You know it IS possible to state your opinion without being a complete butthole about it, right?

Personally, I think the Club membership is one heckuva deal. For the price of a leader-class toy, you get inside scoops, 6 newsletters, a basic or deluxe exclusive, access to the Club Store (which I tend to take advantage of 3-5 times a year, they DO get stuff early now and then), the ability to purchase additional Club Exclusives, and now a buncha online content too including some really awesome stories. I'd renew without a second thought even if they DID decide to discontinue the additional Club Exclusives every year. People talk about $40 like it's sooo expensive, when it's really next-to-nothing considering how much money most of us collectors spend on our hobby.

15. unicrons_hammer

unicrons_hammer Banned

great. nice. whatever....move on fanboy!!!!

16. Sureshot

Sureshot Banned

News Credits:
    I would buy Nightbeat if I liked the character but not the Seacons. I will just wait for the Encore reissue.

The club really screwed up when they chose not to make Elita-One from the Classicsverse.

17. permie

permie Well-Known Member

I think the more common point of view is, "I'd rather spend $40 and get a basic or deluxe figure and have $30 left over for 3 more, or _____ < (insert a million more interesting or cool things than a thin newsletter and not a whole lot else.)"

18. unicrons_hammer

unicrons_hammer Banned

exactly..the newsprint part is just a reprint of the same sales ads over and over and over again...plus i am not really impressed with the combiner bots...the ones they chose are underwealming except for landquake...he was decent....and i can find tons of stuff to spend $40 bucks on...so if you like it then feel free to join over and over...but Beastbot X, don't attack others if they voice the opinion that they think it is not worth the $$$ that FP wants.....

19. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

I could get a Soul Of Chogokin figure for $160. The club didn't even give me any choice but to pass. I can only hope that Hasbro sneaks the molds into the Universe line or Takomy decides to reissue them.

20. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

You already got your main account banned UnicronHQ, why do you gotta be so nasty about all this?