Seacons and Nightbeat Update

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Petes Robot Convention, May 23, 2008.

1. Mr.Roboto

Mr.Roboto YOU'RE A SHRUB ROCKETEER! Veteran

News Credits:
    These club exclusives are crap. The previous and current stuff just aren't worth the money. Now if they would work on a G2 repaint series, such as lets say Laser Cycles or Cyberjets then perhaps we can talk cause no matter how ugly they are repainted I would still buy them. :lol 

2. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

considering that even the BW2 seacons are now $200 on average, and this actually has all the parts, lol. and the original can cost $250, on average, lol i might look into this, as long as i do not have to be a member that is...

i don't really mind the colors, but, i like the colors, best on the bw2 ones lol.

3. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

:lol  $120?!!!

:lol 

4. maximus_primal

maximus_primal Autobot

Well that blows the Seacons for me. Looks like I won't be getting them after all.

5. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Hmmmm. You're right. I just saw where he said "100% COMPLETE PHIRACON!" (sic) and missed where he contradicts himself just two sentences later "MISSING ONE STAND WHICH DOESNT AFFECT PHIRANACON." (sic)

As to the misspelling. I looked up "Seacons" and found it pretty much instantly. I don't pretend to know what "average TF collector" would think to search for first, though. This was just how I did it.

6. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    $120 sounds about right. 6 figures at $20 each. Broken down like that it doesn't sound so bad, especially for the fairly limited numbers.

7. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I was just about to say the same thing. Both sets are sold on me, but I would prefer to have them with combined shipping.

8. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was expecting the Seacons to be more expensive than $120, so I'll definitely be getting them. Nightbeat, on the other hand...$50 is way too expensive for a Deluxe-sized mold that I don't like much in the first place, so I'll definitely pass on that one.

Didn't read through the whole thread here, but does anyone know if TFClub charges one's credit card immediately when one places a preorder (ala TFSource) or when the item actually ships (ala BBTS, Amazon and damn near everyone else)?

9. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

I'm not bitching about the price of the Seacons. I was among those who were expecting lower though. Damn. Still want it though. Like crack.

*waits by mailbox* Come oooooon tax rebate check.....

And I agree that much kudos should go out to FP for even trying to get us this set, let alone actually do it it. "If I were the kind of man who looked good in a hat (and sadly, I am not), I'd tip it to you!"

10. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    Consider both sold for me but I definately would have paid more if they actually made nightbeat a true headmaster.....
    Sign, so close yet......

11. Mirage232

Mirage232 Well-Known Member

With all this talk about the original Seacons current prices, I kind of feel privileged that my brothers friend gave me a complete G1 Piranacon years ago. Probably the best deal I ever got concerning Transformers. That and the fact it was my first, (and only) complete G1 combiner leaves the Seacons in a special place in my memories. Someone mentioned the lack of good characterization for the Seacons, which is true for the most part. But had Hasbro used the bios the Seacon were given in the original Marvel Universe Profiles for the G1 cartoon, they may have ended up becoming the most memorable of all the combiners. Sad the cartoon was done by that point, and even sadder that their characters were nothing but mindless drones in Masterforce.

12. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    I need to save up some money.

13. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pete said somewhere (either this thread or the Allspark one) that they'd charge immediately.

14. grock35

grock35 Hmmmm...

News Credits:
    Tell me about it.

15. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    Huh, how about that. How about that.

16. racnruin

racnruin Decepticon

I want Nightbeat because he's bassed on a G1 an for the comic:eek: 

The Seacons why!1.don't have the original :eek: 2.it's a combiner:cool:  And did ya see the art work for it!:jawdropper: 

17. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No. Pete was first.

Price is about what I expected. A deluxe and 5 basics would normally run about $45. This is less than triple that. When you consider other club prices- about 4 times the cost of regular toys- this is a better deal. That being said, I'll wait on my order, but will probably get them when my next quarterly bonus check comes in. If nothing else, I like the way FP packages their exclusives, so can see some of the cost of this going into the box and foam.

-Tony!

18. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

This is probably the easiest pass for me in quite a while. Even if I weren't already spending money on Henkei TCracker. Never had much use for the Seacons even when they first come out (thought they were ugly, and wasn't into TFs that didn't turn into vehicles) and now that I see them again I remember why I didn't want them. (Hated them in Masterforce too.)

I'm halfway inspired to pick up Nightbeat, but this one doesn't excite me that much. I'm still waiting for there to be a good and majorly compelling reason to get me to join the club. Haven't found it yet.

19. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    I was all for the Seacons, but now it doesn't seem feasible $160 for 1980's TF's doesn't seem to be easy to justify (Since I'd have to renew my membership to get it, and frankly, I've never felt that outside of Botcon I ever got my moneys worth out of my club membership). Yeah, all of us would like a lower price, but that's a bit out of my ballpark considering the summer/fall lineup that we know of for what you get.

Plus, for all we know, we're going to get a King Poisidon or God Neptune Re-issue/Encore in 8 months, and the FP version didn't do anything for me colorwise, so why not wait and see if I can get a sharper color scheme (IMHO) later when finances and the horizon looks better? Heck, if this had come out when the movie stuff was coming out, it would have been an easy buy, but with all those upcoming Classics 2.0/Universe and Animated figures? I am working within a budget.

20. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    Seacons Rule!!!!

Nightbeats okay

:)