Seacons and Nightbeat Update

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Pete Sync, May 23, 2008.

1. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Ahh, sorry d00d. Wrong end of the stick and all that.
    I do prefer the original colour scheme, but there's something about this one that just seems to draw me to it.

2. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Encore Omega Supreme = $115 at BBTS + shipping, which sure as hell ain't $40. An Encore Seacon set would probably be about the same.

3. alien

alien Command

oh come on... this is so great~

4. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love these INFINITELY more than the G1 colors. If this was a straight G1 reissue, not only would it not be particularly special, but I probably wouldn't bite.

Skittles Seacons FTW!

5. permie

permie Well-Known Member

Yeah, I give him credit for that one :)  I cracked a smile.

Back to the seacons. I'd probably pay around $80 for G1 reissues of 'em if they were hypothetically available (I have a full good condition G1 original set, but I'd keep a gift set MISB), but $120 for these pukecons is a no go in my book. I might drop a tenner on them for novelty's sake if the opportunity came up, but I really don't care for them. Nightbeat looks a little better, but not $40-50 markup from a deluxe better. Then again I thought astrotrain and airrazor were ripoffs at the prices they were set at too, again, based on my preference and interest.

That being said to satisfy the pro "FP:p S" crew, the prices seem about right when factoring in some of the costs involved, and the character choices are good. Since the demand for these doesn't justify mass release, and they aren't omfg-must-have molds/characters/paint apps, they fall in my personal overpriced category.

6. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Yeah, I like it too. I like oddball stuff like this. But kinda iffy on the price. Astrotrain's was kinda understandable, what with a new head and the included minicons. But in this case there's no remolding here whatsoever to incure any extra expenses on FP's part.

7. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree 100%, G.B. That's been one of my big concerns as well... Unfortunately, at that price, I can't buy the three Seacon sets I was planning on if the price was right.

Chris

8. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And he may be crazy AND funny, but I still love his Transformers icons. Hey Nick, any chance you can make zip files for those guys? I'd love an easy way to deck out my computer icons.. :D 

Chris

9. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    oh yea I would be all over that set. As it stands, I'm gonna pass on these guys.
    I don't care for the new color scheme.

10. Kenucme

Kenucme Yes, I'd get that one too

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Too bad I got here a little late for the comedy.

I'm not too surprised on the Seacons. They are still on my 'to buy' list (but then, what isn't?).

I'm quite surprised with the 2x shipping cost. I can't for the life of me figure why there is a valid reason to do that unless one is still delayed. It would seem a little fishy to me if the shipping price is the same for both Nightbeat and the Seacons. It's only a theory, but thumbsdown:thumbdown  if it does turn out that way.

I'd consider waiting to have them shipped together, but I'm not gonna risk the Seacons going like the Shattered Glass set. I'll live with getting Nightbeat later if I have to.

11. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok cool... nice to see these guys getting closer to fruition. I was expecting around $100, so $120 isn't too awfully far off the mark. Although I am planning to get one, there are two things that leave me a bit disappointed:

First, that this is really my least favorite combiner. No meaningful characterization, questionable alt modes, and a gestalt mode that's a bit of a mess always turned me off a bit.

Second, the paint job - this one really doesn't do it for me. He already suffers from never having had a "serious business" color scheme - one that says "I am a powerful robot, and I am about to kick the crap out of you". Pinks and light blues didn't really cut it in G1, and yellows and purples don't do it for him now (to me). Even God Neptune, while better, comes off a bit plain. Something like a metallic-flake black base with grey, burgundy, and gold highlights would have been fun for this guy, and given him a far more menacing look.

So all that sounded a bit negative, but in fact I'm looking forward to his arrival; if for nothing else but the fact he's a G1 combiner reissue that ISN'T the Combaticons. :lol 

Last edited: May 23, 2008
  12. Dinobot Swoop

Dinobot Swoop TFW2005 Supporter

Seacons at 119$+sh.? That'll need some thinking and scrounging for funds. Nightbeat's a no-brainer, tho. :) 

13. Dr Wheeljack

Dr Wheeljack Well-Known Member

I was going to get the seacons but thats too much for me at the moment.

14. Lupis Convoy

Lupis Convoy Paw Prince Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Want them but might just end up waiting to pick them up at Botcon next year if that's an option to save on shipping.

15. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    According to the poll made by Pete on the club boards, the reason for two shipping fees is that Nightbeat will be ready about 4-6 weeks before the Seacons. No reason given why. So, you'd preorder both, then they'd ship each one as they got them.

However, the way the poll is currently going, it's looking like they're going to let you preorder both and just wait till both are in and ship once.

16. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I have no idea how to link completed eBay auctions anymore =/.

Anywhos, I found that one, but two things to note:

1. It's not complete (missing stand and gun - minor pieces, but still).
    2. There's no such toy as "phiranacon". Just as it didn't show up in my original completed results search, I'm sure many other missed it when it was active. Typo'd eBay auctions throw off the value, obviously.

17. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The packaging more than likely, really wish they'd get rid of it.

18. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Is there an Indiana Jones mail-away?!?!

19. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    Why do I see a lot of people waiting till these are in stock on the club website before they order them... I know I am.

As for the pricing. The Seacons sound about right, given the limited run, the custom packaging, instructions, tech specs and the number of pieces involved with the set.

20. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm all over Nightbeat.

Pass on the Seacons. I was collecting g1 combiner molds, but I recently sold them. I totally needed the seacons too. Oh well.

Thanks TFclub for releasing them for us though!