Seacons and Nightbeat Update

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Petes Robot Convention, May 23, 2008.

1. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Eye-Goon > Perceptor

News Credits:
    Having now read the thread-- Pete, as much as I want these, I'd ABSOLUTELY wait an extra month if it meant they could both ship together. That was the only part about this news that miffed me a little.

2. butz

butz slippery when wet

Well, if I can scrounge up $160+ whatever shipping is, I'll definitely try to get those Seacons (if only I weasn't so damned broke right now!)

3. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:

ahhhhhhh ok then

4. crimbot

crimbot TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Agreed. Ship em all together!!!

I'm brand new in the club and this was one of the reasons I joined, I hope they would be a bit cheaper, but what are you gonna do. It was $120 or never at all, as stated before. I AM hoping that we will see more great club exclusives in the future, so I'd like to support these, I just hope FP hears us on the money issue and maybe tries to tone down for the next ones. maybe quick sell outs will mean better production runs and less money for the next exclusives? Either way, I can't see me being a member of the club if it weren't for exclusives and such.

Mail away UPC's. BAM:) 

5. jasonw

jasonw Well-Known Member

I emailed Brian Savage about doing g1 seacons, and the cheeky wotnot said he'd 'take it under advisement'. That's American sarcasm isn't it?

Pass for me. G1 colours and I'd have ordered 2.

They can keep the ones they don't sell on the shelf next to airrazor and astrotrain.

:) 

6. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    ah, i gotcha...and i too think the price is alright, just gotta get the money, which will take awhile...btw, whats the watershed comment mean?

and i too hope the club continues...i love the exclusives from them, and i love how they tie-in to the previous years botcon...i can't wait to see who they do that'll tie-in with shattered glass, and who the other figure will be next year...and the club combiner main body...that's what i want to see...pete, any date for when we can see him? i'd love to see him from FP before he pops up on ebay...

7. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No, you can't, unfortunately. We're in the post-movie prices these days. The last 3 that went on ebay went for $265, $282, and $360 (wtf?).

Well, maybe you know someone who's willing to sell things for less than half their eBay price. In that case, I recommend you pounce on that :) . Because this definitely is not a market where loose complete Piranacon set goes for anywhere near $120, except for maybe a nice kind collector who just sells on messageboards.

8. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

Hey, you finally got here... I was waiting for you to come out to take your token shot at me instead of contributing to the topic.

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2008
  9. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

I think they were comparing to what the price would have been had Wal-Mart, Target, or TRU carried it. And the toy does exist, it was just made about 20 years ago and in a different color scheme :p 

I don't see these selling very well. Why spend that kind of cash on these when you can get the originals for somewhere around that. I know I would anyway. I'd also be very leery of a possible Encore reissue. The mold is obviously there ready for use. Gotta consider all the factors man.

10. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    I'm simply saying that the performance of these exclusives (i.e. how well they sell) will determine whether or not we get any more exclusives in the future, and (if we do) how many and how often.

11. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Nkelsch might be crazy, but this is funny. :lol 

12. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    not a fan of the colors

13. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    I actually posted this on the first page of the Allspark thread, but apparently got the URL messed up. But it's worth noting this eBay auction for what looks to be a complete G1 Seacon set for only $192.50 plus shipping.

How close that is to $120, I'll leave to you, but it's certainly less that the recent ones you cite, and was only two days ago.

14. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I understand that; however, none of the did carry it, making the price a moot point. Plus, a store exclusive like that would have had a larger production run, making it cheaper to produce.
    This is true. However, a lot of toys were made 20 years ago. ;) 
    While it can be done, finding a dead mint G1 Piranacon with all the accessories for the same price is a hell of a task. As has already been said, prices have gone up on him of late.
    To be honest, I doubt an Encore would be any cheaper, judging by the prices for the ones we already have. Either way there is very little chance of a Universe coloured one ever coming out. The closest we might get is likely to be some bizarre homage-to-something-obsure-or-other e-Hobby version, and that would probably cost even more than the club release.
    It's not even slightly close. It's over $70 more. I wouldn't call that even slightly worth noting.

15. Lumpy

News Credits:
    ah, okay...i do hope these sell out...i know the club is still sitting on the other exclusives, at least a little...hopefully the movie has brought in enough new fans to have these exclusives sell out within the next two years...but not too quickly, in case i decide to buy an extra or two to trade...

16. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

This.

Considering it costs 40$ for shipping and 'exporters fee' to get almost any figure out of japan...

I would love a reissue. And 3-4 years ago when Universe seacons were first created, the 'encore' and 'reissue' landscape was significantly different. We were barley getting 1984 figs. No one would have believed Predaking, Omega Supreme or any of the biggies. Now it is much more possible.

Not saying anyone who doesn't like it should buy it, but FP I think has just been pushing for all those unmade items we said we wanted. Spacewarp, Universe Constructicons and so on.

17. levister16

levister16 Banned

Ebay:
    knockoffs anybody

18. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Didn't say it'd be cheaper. Just a more desirable alternative at around the same price. I think it goes without saying that *almost* everyone in this fandom prefers the G1 color scheme over the Universe/Club one.

19. Lumpy

News Credits:
    wow...you must know just about everyone in the fandom to know that...

i like these colors more...and i doubt that *almost* everyone prefers g1...

also, i realized i want a 2nd nightbeat to make into shattered glass nightbeat, unless someone wants to sell theirs...

20. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I can do this all day! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Nightbeat seems about right when you add in the extra comic (Airazor was $42 plus shipping for club members). I'll definently be picking him up.

However, yikes on the price of the Seacons. No retooling and hardly any articulation and they're that pricey? I'd like to hear the explenation for that one when last year they gave us Astrotrain (an Ultra w/a remolded head, plus an extra minicon team!) for $95 shipped. Doesn't make much sense to me. I'll probably still get him, but I'll have to wait a bit now...

Also, very irritated that they won't combine shipping on these. What's the reason? Seriously, my one complaint about FP has always been their shipping charges... seriously overpriced and it is going to suck that I have to pay shipping twice on these.