Seacons and Nightbeat Update

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Petes Robot Convention, May 23, 2008.

1. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That does seem pretty pricey but not really surprising. Nightbeats price seems a little more hard to believe actually then the Seacons. I expected the seacons to be about $100. If they remolded Nightbeat to actually be a headmaster, then it would be more attractive.

I really do want there to be something too good for me to keep passing on joining the TFCC, but I don't think this is going to.

2. UTK007

UTK007 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can't wait. Will be getting at least one of each.

(Edit: Just read the other posts and now worried about a TakaraTomy Encore Seacon set. Maybe I will just get Nightbeat.)

3. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I can't get either. i don't have enough. Maybe later on.

4. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Nightbeat = mine.
    Seacons - I'll have to think about, since a) price and b) can't ship together (which is REALLY irritating because the club's international shipping prices are rather high from what I can tell)

5. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Whoops - for some reason when I read your comment, I thought of God Neptune. I guess I just have God Neptune on the brain ;-)

6. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
    I'm going to have to pass on these for now. Nightbeat I don't care enough about to want to get him when preorders go up, and Seacons are too expensive for me right now.

7. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    nightbeats price isnt bad, considering the rising cost of EVERYTHING...and he comes with a comic...thats cool

seacons i definitely gotta wait for...i just can't afford that much right now...though even if they were 99, i'd probably still have to wait for awhile...

pete, a few questions...
    1. when we place a preorder, are we required to pay immediately? or do we pay when the figures are ready to ship?

2. is there a limit to the number of figures someone can buy?

3. lastly, what's the production numbers on these?

thanks...

8. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    $60 for an Energon Deluxe. Awesome.

I miss the day of 5 UPC mail-away offers :p 

9. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:
    So are the Seacons only offerred to members? I have to assume, based on past products, that the quoted price is only for club members? If they are offerred to non-members, any speculation on what would the price be?

I would't mind paying a bit for them, but within some reason.

10. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They're only offered to club members. Usually what they do, is if a non-member wants to buy something, it's $40 more - basically they charge you the cheapest yearly member fee, make you a member, then sell you the toy.

11. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Just get someone from the club to order one for you. The only thing is that they'll hafta ship to whoever places the order, you'd hafta pay to have it shipped to the one that bought it for you and have them send it to ya.

12. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    I'm not trying to flamebait or anything but wait--people will spend $150-200 aftermarket on a single classics seeker jet repaint, but are saying that the seacon set is too pricey at $120? I've go the original set and if I was a member, I'd STILL be all over this one. I dun get it...

13. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:

We'll see if it's made available to non-members. If not, then I'll go this route.

14. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Airazor was/is $42. I'd say a $6 difference is "around".

Yeah. I find that particularly annoying. Airazor and Astrotrain shipped together for... $8, IIRC.

Why can't this year's toys be co-shipped?

No need to hyperbole up the price another 25%. :p 

Star Wars and Indiana Jones have got you covered.

That is a very excellent point. :thumb 

15. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    i think people were just expecting something closer to the price of astrotrain...and the seacons in these colors arent nearly as important as a blue jet may be to some people....

16. Mirage232

Mirage232 Well-Known Member

So if I'm not a member of this club, the Seacons are going to be even more than $119.00? Pass. Sorry, as much as I love the Seacons, I already have a complete G1 Piranacon, and I just can't spend that amount because a) I already spent $125.00 pre-ordering the Henkei Thundercracker and Skywarp set and b) knowing that at one point these were going to originally be around 35-40 dollars at retail makes it even harder to justify spending that amount. Yes, it is better than not releasing them at all, but it still doesn't doesn't console my wallet.:( 

17. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:

But people DO bitch about the aftermarket on it. That's why so many threads fell into ruin.

There's almost ALWAYS someone who'll buy something, regardless of the price. But the majority of people won't pay that much, therefore "can't" get the toy they want, and hence the complaints. This is the same thing.

18. Petes Robot Convention

Petes Robot Convention Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1. yes, you pay when you place the order

2. no, within reason of couse

3. 1,500 on the Seacons / 1,200 on Nightbeat

Also, I am starting a poll on the club boards in the club news and updates section. If people want we can push these out another month or so if people want to pre-order and have them shipped at the same time.

Note that once they are in stock there is only one shipping charge (if there are any left). It is only when you pre-order that we have 2 separate shipping charges.

19. Blitzwing256

Blitzwing256 Triple changer

I let my club membership slip, but for repainted g1 goodness i'm definatly renewing my membership.

after all the fan crying for these i'm exstatic we'll finally get em, yes the price is expensive but much better then never being able to get them at all.

and just try to get a complete g1 set for under 120$ ;-)

20. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

The same people with the artificial expectations of retail comparative prices yet again are confused and befuddled and can't understand why they cost so much. Or they understand and want companies to operate a to a loss so they can get items at what they determine the worth to be.

It is (MOLD + Mats for production run) / Production Run = Cost. Lower the run, higher the cost. They are not simply sitting on 500% profit on these.

How many times do they have to do limited production runs and have it all explicitly explained before people will stop with "This is a 9.99$ I don't understand"

I said a year ago it would be 100$+ and people called me crazy and other names.