Seacons and Nightbeat up for preorder....

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Lumpy, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No, you should've gotten a confirmation by now. If not, that means one of two things-- either you accidentally entered the wrong e-mail address during checkout or your order didn't go through for some reason. Call them to make sure.

2. Max-prime

Max-prime Supreme-Commander

News Credits:
    I would call to make sure I got my comfirmation like pretty much Imed. after pressing the take my money button.

3. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My shipping came to about $144 for FedEx.
    Mind you, I did order 3 sets :p 

4. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    Well I think I'll wait till the seacons actually start shipping.

5. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    According to Pete, these club exclusives are going REALLY fast, to the point where it may not be too long before they're sold out of them-- particularly the Seacons. So folks, if you can at all afford them, you might want to preorder them now rather than wait.

This is definitely good news for future Club Exclusives, though.

6. metrotitan

metrotitan Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I got an email confirming my membership, but nothing on the Seacons order. I'm a little miffed that I've got to follow up on this. I can't believe i'm going to be jumping through hoops this afternoon trying to make sure my order actually went through. All I need is to get stuck with the $40 membership but without the Seacons.

7. sunlink

sunlink Be Transformed

News Credits:
    Just put the item(s) into your cart and begin the checkout process. It'll prompt you for your location so you can see what shipping options there are.

8. Hi Q

Hi Q I don't want a user title

News Credits:
    Just to add to the credit card problems.
    Yesterday I tried to pre-order, and it didn't work. Today I tried again and it did work. Both times I used IE.

9. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just spoke to a representative on the phone due to a credit card issue and she stated they were 'swamped' with orders. It may not be too long before they are gone. I'm glad I got my order in when I did.

10. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    I can't tell where you're ordering from, but my experience is that shipping isn't too absurd for US residents, but that for overseas folks, it tends to be considerably higher than the actual cost.

I seem to recall (but don't take this as "the truth" without confirmation) that FP said something once about international shipping being all a particular rate, regardless of exactly which non-US, non-Canada country is being shipped to. If that's true, it might explain the discrepancy, but I'm not at all sure how such a situation would come to exist in the first place.

11. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For anyone who didn't receive a confirmation, mine landed in my spam folder. May want to check there.

12. metrotitan

metrotitan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I called and had them email it to me. The order went through, but I apparently just never got the email. Weird. At least I have it now.

13. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    After bouncing around on a few sites, it appears the Seacons are a pretty popular bunch. I fear that those of you waiting for a few weeks may end up paying double or triple for a set on the secondary market. I highly suggest selling SOMETHING to cover the cost of these sets. If not, we could be witness to the Botcon 2007 exclusives internet bitch-fest, 2008 edition.

14. B-Fox

B-Fox Well-Known Member

News Credits:

This makes NO sense whatsoever. I thought everyone hated the Seacons' colors and hated that Nightbeat was a remold of E-Hot Shot and his trademark ears had been snipped off the head.

Methinks neckbeard scalpers are the ones really buying multiples of both exclusives. To cover the cost of the purchase....times 6.

15. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    I thought the limits they put on the Botcon 2008 attendee/non-attendee package purchases were largely because of scalpers too, but apparently that was not the case. So I doubt it's the case here.

True lots of people have complained about these exclusives, but that doesn't mean there aren't still lots of people who do like and want them.

These people might also be worried about a possible sellout so they aren't wasting in time in getting their orders in.

Also, I believe the production numbers are something like 1200 for the Seacons and 1000 for Nightbeat, so that's much less than the 2000 each for Airazor and Astrotrain, as well as less than the number of boxed/bagged main set figures made for BC'07 and '08(~1400 total each year I believe).

16. Max-prime

News Credits:
    Don't pull the sclaper card too quick when the packaging was shown alot of people myself included got swayed back into getting them. Plus they are G1 seacons after all I'm sure there where alot of people bad mouthing the colors but ended up ordering anyway just to have a set of Limited G1 reissues.

17. Max-prime

News Credits:
    I believe there are more Nightbeats than Seacon sets.

18. B-Fox

B-Fox Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just hope Nightbeat doesn't sellout before the week is through. I'd actually like to own that figure. If it does, it's not an end of the world "BotCon 2007" situation. I'm sure somebody can overcharge me for it later on... to cover costs of purchase.

I won't say "I told you so" when someone posts a "Look What I Just Found!" picture on /toy/ of five Seacon sets and seven Nightbeats. :) 

19. sunlink

sunlink Be Transformed

News Credits:
    I actually found the posting from Pete that has the numbers.

1,500 on the Seacons / 1,200 on Nightbeat

20. Pete Sync

Pete Sync Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am afraid that the "hate" was coming from the vocal minority. And no, multiple orders are not the issue. Scalpers are not the thing here...

I have said this multiple time, internet peeps, people who post, they are not the majority. We have many MANY members, many who just like Transformers. And they are buying...

Numbers:

Seacons - 1500
    Nightbeat - 1200

These toys are selling fast because:
    A. Pure G1 goodness
    B. Very popular character

Don't wait on these...