SDCC Hasbro Question

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Spyshot2007, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Spyshot2007

Spyshot2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just wondering if anyone has any tips for getting in line for the Hasbro booth. I know you have to get a ticket to even get in line but what is the best approach? I only have a Thursday pass and so if I get a line ticket for the following day I won't be there.

I read somewhere that they let the first group on Thursday morning get in line without the tickets but where do they line up outside to get in that line?

2. haw1144

haw1144 Well-Known Member

I haven't been in a few years, but yes, you have to have a ticket.

When we went, we waited in the line outside the convention center to let everyone in... and once we got inside, we raced to the Hasbro ticket line, which is usually in the other building in the back. Once you have that, you can go wait in the Hasbro line inside the convention center.

FWIW, I swear people ran straight to the ticket line from a back entrance or something, cuz that line was REALLY long when we got there... and we werent that far back in the line to enter the convention center.

Hope that helps. I'm not even sure if it's still the same process now.

3. thewiredknight

thewiredknight Well-Known Member

News Credits:

That's people who wait below in the back of the convention center and try to race in. The trouble is that if the doors are locked or security is on the ball they won't let you in that way and will tell you to go around the whole convention center. It is faster but it's also a risk.

4. Spyshot2007

News Credits:
    Cool thanks, it's like you have to miss the entire rest of the Con just to get in line...I will give it a try but my best bet might just be to wait for HTS to get anything.

5. haw1144

haw1144 Well-Known Member

Yes you pretty much could miss the rest of Con if you spend your time on toys. Since it's getting harder to get Con tickets, I'd rather see the celebrities and panels and hang out in there. My wife was pretty miffed about waiting in line most of the time just to buy toys.

I have to say, I really enjoyed the panels more and seeing all the celebrities, as well as the wife. If we ever go again, it'll be mostly panels. I'll either have to try HTS or fork a little extra cash to buy it afterwards... still better than waiting in line!

6. Spyshot2007

News Credits:
    I've been a few times and have yet to go to a panel, I actually just really enjoy walking around and seeing everything. My son goes for the toys and so that is why I'm thinking about braving the line but it just seems like a waste. I think you may be right about spending extra and just going to enjoy the Con.

7. EightiesKid

EightiesKid G1 archivist

News Credits:
    I generally go for Hasbro every year, and it is a tiring process. Thursday morning you will need to line up very early outside of the convention center. People line up extremely early, and the line is very obvious so you shouldn't worry about not being able to find the line. Then the line will start moving to let you upstairs into the sails pavilion, at which point you will need to make your way to the Hasbro table which is where they give out the tickets. This is in the autograph area. Hasbro will have a line inside, then have groups of people outside as well in the line. Then Hasbro will give out tickets to everyone in line, and the ticket you get will let you know your window of time for going to the booth. It's typically something like 10-noon, noon-2, 2-4, etc.

If you have a ticket, you should not have a problem getting into the booth. However, that does not mean that everything will be available. The booth itself usually has some stock issues during the day. The booth will often run out of stock for a particular item and then say that they need to get more from a pallet, and then it will take awhile to get the item back. If you are unlucky enough to be at the booth when this happens then you won't be able to get the item that is temporarily out of stock. They usually tell you that you can come back again at a later time and get that particular item, but it is a real hassle. This has happened to me a couple of times and is very frustrating.

In terms of a time committment, if you line up early enough, you can be done with the Hasbro booth by noon and maybe have time/energy to check out some panels or walk around the floor. However, you will likely be pretty tired and need to drop your stuff off somewhere since it will be hard carrying around everything you have purchased. The bottom line is that Hasbro is doable, but expect it to take most of your Thursday. It is stressful and tiring. If you only have a Thursday ticket, you may be better served just wandering the exhibit hall and checking out all the cool sights, it will be far less stressful. In terms of how early to line up, there is no right answer as it seems that people line up earlier every year.

8. Spyshot2007

News Credits:
    I agree, it might be worth paying the scalper fee :/ but getting the free day to see what I want and not just worrying about th Hasbro booth.

9. thewiredknight

News Credits:
    If anyone is interested I'm trying to gather as few TF fans who will be at Comic-con in order to jointly work together so that we can all secure our Hasbro exclusives.

10. Spyshot2007

News Credits:
    Sounds like a plan, I know there are others thinking the same....I'm up for figuring this out!

11. Autoclot

Autoclot Well-Known Member

I'll be there if there's a plan to be hatched :) 

I am a little confused, though - con admission is supposed to be from 9.30, and exclusives lines aren't supposed to form until admission opens, but the CC schedule lists the Hasbro line as starting at 6.30... is there some misleading going on, or have I missed some important detail somewhere?

12. Spyshot2007

News Credits:
    I know people line up way before even 6:30...I guess it just depends. The problem I'm having is I would get there even earlier but I only have a Thursday pass and I'm going to have to choose the badge line before the Hasbro line I guess.

Unless you don't need a badge for Hasbro?

13. Rockmoreno

Rockmoreno Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm going to try and crash SDCC. :)  I am finishing orders that week and will be in San Diego with no ticket. If anyone here can suggest something legal, that's be cool. I actually just want a hallmark Wampa!

14. Autoclot

Autoclot Well-Known Member

I likely won't be able to pick up my badge until Thursday - are they likely to still have the TF exclusives available on Friday or Saturday?

15. EightiesKid

EightiesKid G1 archivist

News Credits:
    Different booths handle it in different ways. Some booths have a daily allotment that they sell, to ensure that people going each day get a crack at the stuff.

For Hasbro, they typically just sell everything they have until they run out. Typically the TF exclusives stay in stock until Friday, and usually some on Saturday. Saturday is usually the day that popular items sell out.

16. thewiredknight

News Credits:
    Those interested in helping I have now pmed.

17. toysroom27

toysroom27 Well-Known Member

anyone know where to get the tickets?

18. EightiesKid

EightiesKid G1 archivist

News Credits:
    If you have a Thursday badge, you can pick it up today (Wednesday) at the Town and Country hotel. Then you will have it in hand for Thursday when you line up early.

Badge Pick-Up | Comic-Con International: San Diego

19. EightiesKid

EightiesKid G1 archivist

News Credits:
    Here is a post from another thread:

I generally go for Hasbro every year, and it is a tiring process. Thursday morning you will need to line up very early outside of the convention center. People line up extremely early, and the line is very obvious so you shouldn't worry about not being able to find the line. Then the line will start moving to let you upstairs into the sails pavilion, at which point you will need to make your way to the Hasbro table which is where they give out the tickets. This is in the autograph area. Hasbro will have a line inside, then have groups of people outside as well in the line. Then Hasbro will give out tickets to everyone in line, and the ticket you get will let you know your window of time for going to the booth. It's typically something like 10-noon, noon-2, 2-4, etc.

If you have a ticket, you should not have a problem getting into the booth. However, that does not mean that everything will be available. The booth itself usually has some stock issues during the day. The booth will often run out of stock for a particular item and then say that they need to get more from a pallet, and then it will take awhile to get the item back. If you are unlucky enough to be at the booth when this happens then you won't be able to get the item that is temporarily out of stock. They usually tell you that you can come back again at a later time and get that particular item, but it is a real hassle. This has happened to me a couple of times and is very frustrating.

In terms of a time committment, if you line up early enough, you can be done with the Hasbro booth by noon and maybe have time/energy to check out some panels or walk around the floor. However, you will likely be pretty tired and need to drop your stuff off somewhere since it will be hard carrying around everything you have purchased. The bottom line is that Hasbro is doable, but expect it to take most of your Thursday. It is stressful and tiring. If you only have a Thursday ticket, you may be better served just wandering the exhibit hall and checking out all the cool sights, it will be far less stressful. In terms of how early to line up, there is no right answer as it seems that people line up earlier every year.

20. pridv

pridv Member

I have an exhibitor badge, but forgot if Hasbro will sell to us. Debating if its worth going for tonight.