SDCC Devastator Official Images

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Jun 11, 2015.

1. MROptimusPrime

MROptimusPrime LEGAL NAME: OPTIMUS PRIME

News Credits:
    There are MASSIVE paint apps to each figure.

2. MROptimusPrime

MROptimusPrime LEGAL NAME: OPTIMUS PRIME

News Credits:
    I need someone to kitbash the mixing drum so it can be pulled off and transform into his rifle. This SDCC set is outstanding!

3. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Each year has TWELVE months.

Are we just emphatically stating facts that have nothing to do with the post we quoted? It's kinda' fun!

4. Pathless

Pathless Autobot Deceiver

Ebay:
    awesomeness! thanks so much! got a link to that thread?

5. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The chrome is icky.

My ideal colors would be this version but without the chrome, with the visored head, and without the painted in treads because I actually prefer the asymmetry. Hopefully Takara delivers.

6. Transmorph633

Transmorph633 Drifter

News Credits:
  7. Spark Extractor

Spark Extractor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    $179.99

Excellent price. So glad it wasn't $200+ before shipping and taxes.

8. Ektris

Ektris Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ugh there's so many wonderful paint app additions that I kind of want to look past the gaudy chrome and aim for this one now. And the un-visored head even though I prefer the visor.

Indecision blows.

9. hugoboss

hugoboss Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I just hope I can get one before the inevitable price hike!

10. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Huh. Not liking the official photos of these for some odd reason. I love the extra details (painting the sides of the treads was a WONDERFUL move), but something seems off, which is weird because I like the in hand photos we saw of the SDCC version. Maybe it's the head? Either way, something is just putting me off of it now that wasn't before, and it's bugging me to no end.

11. Rhinox23

Rhinox23 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I feel exactly the same. However, I think I'm going to stick with the retail version. I'll try to wait for a sale or coupon to get him. I have the regular release of Metroplex and I'm pretty happy with him. Plus, HTS camping for SDCC exclusives is a pain that I'd prefer to skip this year if I can.

12. EightiesKid

EightiesKid G1 archivist

News Credits:
    The pricing on the SDCC version is crazy. At 179, it will cost close to 200 after tax. Con exclusives are getting too pricey. At that price point I am considering passng on SDCC devy. If the retail version sells for 150, and one could get a coupon to reduce the price, one could save anywhere from 50-80 by purchasing the retail version. I'm not sure the vac metal is worth the extra cash and heartache of the SDCC hasbro line. We'll see.

13. monish

monish Not a Negatron!

News Credits:
    So when can we get it?

14. BattleUpSaber

BattleUpSaber Result.

News Credits:
    The extra detail is great, but far too pricey for me. I also visored head, so retail for me.

15. Sixo

Sixo Canonical

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Nice!

Damn, looking at those photos, I'm rather taken by a lot of the extra paint apps on the SDCC version, even though I prefer the retail version overall. I hate it when there are great options, but not just one single release that does everything you want. :lol 

Still holding out for TT's reveal, hopefully at next week's toy fair. I'm confident that their paint scheme will look the business, even if they haven't made any other changes as some are predicting.

16. calvin0

calvin0 Well-Known Member

wait hasbro uses chrome and nobody is raging? who are all you guys.. what have you guys done to the transformer fans?

17. Kantus Prime

Kantus Prime Beast Wars Forever!

News Credits:
    After the experience with Leader Jetfire's chrome, I am not even gonna buy this. I do however enjoy all the extra details that look like stickers. I can get the retail version and not be scared about chrome chips.

18. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's been plenty of raging. It apparently just all happened in one of the previous Devastator threads.

19. AutobotAlvaron

AutobotAlvaron Autobot

Does anyone know if the added details are stickers or tampos? Maybe ReproLabels will make a set comparable to these details. I wonder if Takara will really improve the articulation, they seem willing to go the extra mile, and then some, to please the fans.

This Titan Devastator, though not without flaws, is cool-looking, and in particular this SDCC version is well-detailed, but I wonder now what a third/Takara version will be like. For that matter, I wonder what add-ons 3P companies can make to improve and/or accessorize Devy/Constructicons. Maybe new arms with elbows, an extending crane arm for Hook, individual pistols, a Devy head w/retractable visor, a "rear facing" cab-fix for MixMaster, etc., could be done.

When SDCC Titan Metroplex was revealed, I knew that I preferred it to the other versions. The chrome face & legs, the added rifle, the metallic decals, and special/larger box made it more appealing. Titan Devastator, with all the compromises made to the individual Constructicons (i.e.very hollow parts w/thin plastic, ugly/cheap-looking outward-facing clip-on wheels, & lack of sufficient bot articulation) does not hold the same attraction.

I do like SDCC Devy, and he's certainly prettier than the regular release, but the hassle I went through to get SDCC Metroplex at HTS.com is not worth it to me this time (I "camped-out" at my PC for days, only to have my cart nearly paid, then denied!). :( 

20. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh how I love a grammar debate! (My degree is in advanced linguistics and English Language). For the record, it is 'correct' for the verb to match the singularity or plurality of the subject noun regardless of any number implied by its meaning. Simple test: family is a singular word but refers to a group. However you have to use the singular form of the verb because as soon as you say 'a family' the plural form wouldn't work.

However, as linguists we're much more interested in what people actually say, and people do indeed use either without it being misunderstood or sounding odd.

Anyway Devvy looks cool. :)