SDCC 2018: Thursday panels

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by AzT, Jul 5, 2018.

1. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Thursday? What the hell Hasbro? Going Friday and Saturday, you know, the actual big days and Hasbro has their panel on Thursday, really? Between this and the lackluster exclusives (both for Transformers and Magic), I am super let down with Hasbro this year.

2. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    So, last year was my first, I went to one panel (MSTT3K) Which I needed to draw a winning ticket for. Question out to the SDCC veterans, how do I get to this one? Planning on getting down around 6AM.

3. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I never understand how Exclusives work at SDCC. Mostly either because there are line ups for Exclusives, Some need Lottery Tickets and I never know how many they actually have for each exclusive, like do they only have 100 pieces of each at the entire convention to sell?

4. mcart

News Credits:
    Last year was a case of get there early and fail to get to the drawings (only just though) this year they're doing a lottery system for some (Pop, Hasbro, Lego, some signatures and ono other I forget) you put down what times you want and next Friday you should find out if you're picked. I chose to go down Thursday and Friday this year because they are the quietest days, hoping this will translate into me being able to get the figures I want.

What I'm trying to figure out though is if I need to go straight to 29AB or if I need to get a ticket to entry first? Last year i had no plans but this year I want to hit the TF panels and Stargate if I can. Christopher Judge is there and I have a prototype Diamond Select Teal'C with his name on it. Well, make that which I would like to get his name on, lol.

5. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    I can understand that. But the big question is how many of those exclusives they actually have? Example, Do they have maybe only 120 Throne of the Primes Exclusives for the entire show and if they sell all 120, that is it?

6. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    Leader Nova Prime and/or Megatronus or else!

• Like Like x 1
  7. mcart

News Credits:
    I'll ask them. Probably won't get a reply other than "hopefully enough" though!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    I'm just using Throne of the Primes as an example. Not that I am looking to get one. There is another exclusive I'm more concerned about because I've been watching those high priced preorders on ebay and what gets me thinking is people who try to get these will have bad luck and have to refund a lot of angry people who preordered them.

9. mcart

News Credits:
    Well last year I saw some things "sell out" and then be available the next day so I do think they limit stock per day. I'm just hoping Thursday will be relatively calm and I'll be able to get everything...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Yeah, it's hard to understand how these exclusives work because I've never been to SDCC before in my life and it's quite difficult if it's not one of those just walk right in and buy one.

11. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    All I want to see is more about the new Transformers TCG. I'm not yet confident it won't be a train wreck, but I'm still very curious nonetheless.

12. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    That sounds more like a beautiful dream than a rumour. :eek: 

• Like Like x 3
  13. ca12nag3

ca12nag3 Well-Known Member

Actually there was a convention reveal of the dinobots and snarl had a gun piece mounted in dino mode. Suggesting there will be a dinoking repaint down the line.
    As for Seacons I can see it. Hungurr remolded. As well as retooling Rippersnapper. The others would require a bit more work. Still easy to do. And the Seacons probably have the most repaints and rereleases of all G1 combiners. I don't see how they could pass on it.
    One combiner I would love to see is Raiden. But that will be most unlikely.

• Like Like x 1
  14. SoundwaveSuperior

SoundwaveSuperior "The Scourge of the Sky" (She/They)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    They actually already announced the date that they'll be hitting HTS: August 13th. No official time, though.

HasbroToyShop, Hasbro's online store.

• Like Like x 1
  15. CleverNamePendingatron

CleverNamePendingatron Just an ordinary cassette. Nothing to see here.

Thanks, that's helpful. I know what night to stay up staring at my computer.

16. GoldDeadEnd

GoldDeadEnd Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I saw the Snarl gun. I know a lot of people don't like Pretender shell/robot mixes but I'm cool with Dinobot Dinoking and a more traditional Monstructor.

Yeah, the brand unity deal really shot my hopes for Raiden down. Of course I was thinking Takara would do Liokaiser with all new molds for Leozack, Jallguar, and all six breast partners back when the CW one was released...

17. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Face it, we're doomed.

News Credits:
    is there a donation box somewhere where we can start a collection to send all the writers at Machinima to the "writing great dialogue" panel?

• Like Like x 2
  18. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    :lol 

19. ca12nag3

ca12nag3 Well-Known Member

Takara Liokaiser indeed.
    The line really made a awkward bend with scattershot and the Hasbro Liokaiser set. Almost like They pulled the plug on the CW project.
    Most likely due to CW fatigue among fans.
    A hastily put together boxset by hasbro both for Computron and Liokaiser. Seeing that they might not make their buck from seperate releases for Computron.
    Also how Hun Gurr is straight up reuse of the Silverbolt torso transformation. Basic reuse of the same transformation scheme we now see in POTP. They just needed a break from CW. Titans Return really delivered that break. Though everything having the same headmaster gimmick does leave me wondering if thry didn't go the easy way. Since the original line had some headmasters who were more obscure now left out. Like Hosehead and Minerva. Having more popular characters getting another remold. Like Optimus Prime Megatron and Hotshot. Who never were headmasters.
    Same said for the dinobots getting lazy pre-molds for the terrorcons. I can't call it anything else. Simply to save bucks on sprews and designer effort.
    If you look at which figures sell out and are more desired its not the reused ones. But the unique ones. Snarl being more distinct as well as Swoop.
    I hope we get the seacons at least but I despise the reuse practices by Hasbro.

• Like Like x 1
  20. GoldDeadEnd

GoldDeadEnd Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They got better with PotP. To the point I don't mind the parts reuse. After That Damn Helicopter and Slingoff the new combined feel like a triumph.