SDCC 2016 HTS Convention Exclusives Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by AzT, Jul 13, 2016.

1. WinstoBot

WinstoBot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks bro, what a relief.

2. engledogg

engledogg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, my stuff finally shipped, but neither of the two FedEx tracking numbers are working.

Hooray!

MIKE
    engledogg

3. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    West coasters your stuff should be shipping. Got my shipping notice! Scheduled to arrive next week.

4. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator

News Credits:
    FedEx delivery reverted to next Tuesday. Bastards.

5. Ektris

Ektris Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Called today and no hold on my order. Just typical high volume for this time. Meh oh well, just hope it moves soon.

6. BlueAngel_Bolt

BlueAngel_Bolt I'M REALLY FEELING IT

News Credits:
    Well, this is by far the strangest turn of events
    I ordered one Fort Max and one Titan Force pack
    My packages arrive today, and I didn't recieve my Titan Force pack. However, I was sent TWO of Fortress Maximus. There was no pricing or shipping error at all. I'm stumped but not complaining as now I have one to keep MISB

7. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Don't feel too bad. I ordered an item, got stuck with SmartPost as the shipping method and it was originally stated as a Tuesday delivery.

I live in Ohio, and the package is in Ohio. They updated it to tell me it'll now be Thursday for my package, and no one can tell me why.

I called, oh, I called.

8. AzT

AzT Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: 

Winner of the SDCC 2016 HTS Convention Exclusives "Order Error in My Favor" Award!!! :rock 

(IIRC, succeeding Thelonicon and others who scored SDCC 2015 Devy dirt cheap last year due to a glitch in "upgrading" the HTS site)

9. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Haha yup. But price wise I think they still win. He still had to pay the 3 pack set:) 

10. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator

News Credits:
    Damn. :mad 

11. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's cool man. :D 

12. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, that will never happen to me. HTS would charge the shit out me if they sent me 2 fort Max's

13. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    Update...

It left Grove City Ohio nearly 15 hours ago and hasn't updated since. It should've listed Clinton PA or Fairview PA since those are the two branches that deliver to my location or Post Office and both are within a 2-4 hour drive.

Yet, it still claims it left Grove City over half a day ago and nothing, nada, zip.

When I spoke to the woman at SmartPost, she was actually quite nice and informative. Right now is one of the busiest non holiday shipping times, due to back to school sales.

Everything, including Ground, could be backed up for days. I just loved hearing that. =\

14. Mangartron

Mangartron Well-Known Member

Nice! That sorta happened to me in 2013 - The item I wanted most, the Black Series Boba Fett, was the only one I wasn't able to purchase before it sold out, but a week later instead of finding Shockwave's Lab in my package from HTS, I magically had Boba Fett!

15. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    I don't see any review thread for it and since it's an exclusive being discussed in this thread, might as well put this here...

I was able to obtain the SDCC tablet Soundwave from a seller on eBay (only about $5-7.00 more) and received it today.

I.

Love.

It.

This feels fresh and brand new, like revitalized ideas are coming back to Hasbro HQ for the first time in a long time.

It doesn't feel like a Hasbro Transformer at first, it's not until you start manipulating it that you feel that Hasbro touch. That said, this is one of the best figures Hasbro's made in years.

The plastic is thick and dense, the paint apps are excellent, the presentation with the box and the plastic wrap is really quite classy.

The transformation is much easier than the instruction manual would have you believe. (It's a terrible instruction manual.)

Unfortunately, he's a fingerprint magnet and it looks ugly on the surface with all of those random 'prints splattered about. On the plus side, however, it brings him one step closer to being a real tablet. (lol) Speaking of the real deal, much like a real tablet, the headphone jack will take a 3.5 mm plug. (I love it when Hasbro designs something like that.)

Let's not beat around the bush, Xiaomi straight up ripped off the iPad with this thing. The only things different are the colors, internal processor hardware and OS. The body is exactly the same right down to the jack/port placements and Hasbro reproduced that design and incorporated it into this figure. (I'm surprised Apple didn't step in and block it's production.)

It is absolutely worth the $40.00 plus they were asking and it's nice to see a figure that takes risks and this is one risk that pulled off a win. Absolutely great figure.

It's one of those ones that really doesn't have a place in a themed part of your collection, it's certainly not CHUG or MP, it's a one off stand alone and that's how it should be treated. It deserves to be on a pedestal all it's own.

It's really that nice of a figure.

16. BlueAngel_Bolt

BlueAngel_Bolt I'M REALLY FEELING IT

News Credits:
    I think I figured out what happened. Upon looking at the shipping labels, both addressed to me, someone at the shop had put the label for the Titan Force set on a Fort Max box, as the weight only had 4 pounds printed on it.

I hope someone doesn't lose their job over this :lol 

17. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    If that's truly how you feel, then don't cost them their job and be honest about it. It's a mistake on their part, sure, but it's also wrong on your part to keep an item that's clearly not your's and costs a lot more than what you had ordered.

To me, that feels like stealing somewhat. The least you could do is contact customer service and tell them what happened. Worst case, for you, is they'll make you send it back on their dime and you lose a MISB Fort Max. Best case, they might let you keep it since it was their error. Business do that from time to time.

Worst case for the person who made the mistake? Yeah, they could lose their job.

I don't get people these days. That's some damn crappy entitlement right there.

18. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    If I get a titan wave set... so help me... LOL

19. Megagalvatron1

Megagalvatron1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I finally got my raft set today. My wife was home all day and the door bell never rang. It also was pouring down rain. So when I got home tonight my box was outside soaking wet covered and slugs and when I opened it the inside box was ruined. Guess I'll try and call Hasbro and see if he'll do anything but not sure if they will. They will probably ask if I want to return it which I don't as it's out of stock. I normally don't open my marvel legends, concepts as they look really nice in the package. The easiest year to get them and then this happens.

20. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Would be even funnier if it was a board member that got it, hopefully they post it on here too:)