SDCC 2016 Collector Preview Breakfast

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Onslaught24, Jul 21, 2016.

1. RobotKnight95

RobotKnight95 Unamused and Insane

News Credits:
    That Megatron looks better than I was expecting. I may consider purchasing him since I am still in need of a Megatron. Leokaiser is beautiful. While, again, I want to wait for Takara's take for a comparison but this is not too shabby. I would have preferred Leozack but either I can make my own or a 3rd Party will come along and make one. Maybe even add Jallguar for accuracy.

2. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Goes perfect with those Third-Party Quintesson Judges, if anyone has them.

3. artiepants

artiepants Misses readable TF comics

News Credits:
    totally different designs: http://www.seibertron.com/images/events/461/hasbro-brand-panel-097.jpg tank is boxier and seems to have an elevating turret, jet is more SR-71 shaped (which lines up with Overlord... Hasbro knows what they are doing, they wouldn't have teased that like that with those specific details)

4. G1StarSaber468

G1StarSaber468 Brainmaster

Let's hope hasbro makes him an six chang* sorry seven changer (remembers g1 japan) but I really do hope it's not going end being an triple changer with one of his modes and an base mode

5. MengHao

MengHao Well-Known Member

I hope so. It will be severely depressing otherwise

6. G1StarSaber468

Yeah plus it would be obvious its leader class since it seems its going to be an multi-component transformer

7. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    Gnaw needs to have a full case to himself.

I like Bumblebee, I think he's cute and I love fun toys in the Legends scale so I'll probably pick him up.

Megs to me is a pass. CW looks much better, this one's dull grey plastic is too off-putting. The tank isn't as impressive as CW and the plane feels pointless to me (I can barely accept him as a tank). I look forward to the seeing Blitzwing repaint though and whether it's better than the Thrilling 30 version.

Liokaiser never meant much to me, but it does look ok. Oddly I like the colors, but the Brawl mold is my least favorite CW limb and having 2 here makes me cringe. Combined mode head I can't help but only see Sky Reign with another head in his mouth. Not sure what it's supposed to look like but I doubt that's it!

Brainstorm - I still prefer the SDCC set colors... but I really don't want or need that Sentinel Prime, in any way color. Guess I'll settle for retail version.

8. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And no more silver full body paint.

I love the CW Megs. Totally rocks the MP shelf (and looks better beside Soundwave than Shockwave does IMHO).

Anyway, I'll prolly skip this Megs release in favor of the eventual Blitzwing repaint. Mold looks fun though.

9. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

Ebay:
    never...may your insecticon trio never be complete muah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

10. XIII

XIII Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Voyager Megatron is a Blitzwing repaint if I ever saw one. Bank on it.

11. Masktique

Masktique #1 Sideways Fan

News Credits:
    Wow, I'm liking every single thing I'm seeing here. Megatron, and the eventual Blitzwing, are a must. Bumblebee and Gnaw are definitives, and in Gnaw's case it's x3. Very interesting Titanmasters, I'll get them for sure. Individual Brainstorm looks so good with this shade of blue, rather than the baby blue of the set release. Liokaiser was just a meh, for me, but now that we know he has new heads for his members, I'll be trying to get him. Also, Leader Class Sixshot? Yes!!! Hoping for a proper reveal for everyone else soon.

12. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So this officially confirms 3 leaks that came from the Transmissions Podcast from back as far as February.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Skyclaw

Skyclaw 6 Types of Madness!

So who will be at retail and who will be on HTS.com?

Megatron looks good, but I see Blitzwing taking over this mold in the future.

Gnaw = Awesome!!

Brainstorm...Already have the Voyager class

Bee looks good

Now the BIG question is about Liokaiser!! I need a release date or do you have to be at SDCC to buy it.

14. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hellbat, Killbison and Overkill are now... Fellbat? Ironbison? and Overboard? Primus on a cupcake!

WIth Liokaiser, I'll get it, but I'll EAGERLY await some third party company to replace the torso. Love that they used an Arms Micron.

15. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Yes, I was hoping to see that as well.

If you're doing individual bots and getting a Leozak, you'll also need a Jallguar.

If some of the online vendors are smart, they'll pressure Hasbro into solid cases. BBTS and the like having and being able to sell Gnaw's in bulk will be bank for them and eliminate the hunt and the pressures on army builders and regular collectors alike.

Uncle Six Shot! Wow, was not expecting that. Very cool.

As for the reveals:

Overkill, yay!

Love Gnaw, looks great. Would like to have 3 of him TBH as long as the mold doesn't have any terrible defects.

Megatron. Arg, this is tough. He looks like a very good toy, and it's nice to see a Voyager Megatron (Which for as many figures as G1 Megatron has had over the years, there's only been two Voyagers; the CHUG gun and the retool of Bludgeon!), but man, he's very clearly Blitzwing and what looks to be a good Blitzwing. I'm not sure if I just want to wait for Blitzwing or pick him up as well.

Liokaiser. Deathsaurus looks as out of place as I feared he would. Yet I'm a big fan of Victory, so the set still appeals to me. Does that make me a bad fan? I guess I've been hoping for a Liokaiser from CW for so long I'll take what I can? However, I won't be deciding anything until I see what Takara is doing. If they do a Leozak, Takara will win it easily. On the other hand, if this set is available for ~$60 or so, (as many of the box sets seem to be dropping down to) it'll be hard to pass. I had the thought that if they had went with the "Thunder Arrow" instead of Deathsaurus, I probably would've been far more on board with this set. Weird how that works.

16. G1StarSaber468

OR wait for the takara knowing how in japan liokaiser is also popular I think they will do quite a lot of retooling even on the new heads here just killbison's long horns are just out of place

17. artiepants

artiepants Misses readable TF comics

News Credits:
    it was Clear back in Thrilling 30 i believe when they were doing the Legends as 2-packs with the Targetmaster Micromasters ~ Brawn and Gnaw came up at the same time. but then the released that idiotic wave of JUST Prime and Bumblebee that shelf warmed forrrrrrever (at least at the stores where it got on-shelf as those idiotic FOC Datadiscs were still shelf warming ~ some Targets around me had those still hanging around for most of that next year) AND repacked them in the next wave with Starscream and Megatron (<--which should have been wave 1) and then most people never saw waves 3 and...5 i think it was on shelf.

...and then Wave 6 were repaints of Wave 1, which shelf lingered, but didn't quite warm.

I'm very curious if the TR molds are the same as originally planned, are brand new, or are the originals re-worked for TM integration.

18. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    Out of all of these, the only ones that look even semi-good to me are Gnaw and Brainstorm. The rest? *yawn*

This is the second Legends Bumblebee we've had in, like, two years. And that voyager Megatron seems like such a waste of a voyager spot too, what with the Leader that just came out last year.

19. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
  20. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay: