SDCC 2014 Waiting for HTS Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by bradforj, Jul 24, 2014.

1. RustyMuffler

RustyMuffler Tronbot

Now subtract upfront cost of the items, eBay fees, PayPal fees and shipping. They're not making all that much considering the effort they're gonna go through to get all those shipped out.

2. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    hopefully someone manages to do the same for the dinobots and kreo set you want, so that you can be on the other end. fair play mon ami.

3. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Factor in fees, shipping, cost of product, and other associated costs and you will find that he made nowhere near $10,275. eBay alone took $1027.50 in fees. The Dinobots cost $3040. The MtG sets cost $1776. Paypal took a chunk. Packing materials and shipping took a chunk. The seller didn't even make half of that $10,275.

4. TransfanG1

TransfanG1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:

If it happens it happens, but I'm pretty confident the only thing I'll miss out on is the cards and if so, c'est la vie...

5. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    16 magic sets at 310 [326 post ebay/paypal and then taking away another 16 to ship it] = $4960
    19 dinobot sets at 175 [195 post ebay/palpal then 20 to ship] each = $3325
    total made = $8,285

original cost, CA sales tax is 7.5%
    16 magic sets at 99.99 *1.075 tax = $1,702.80
    19 dinobot sets at 159.99 * 1.075 tax = $3,267.80
    original cost = $4975.60

overall profit
    $8285 - $4975.6 = $3309.4

now, that is if he paid retail... i wonder though. so many from one guy, you'd think its someone at HTS or that was handling the figures at sdcc that was listing them. very odd.

not bad though for the dinobot sets. he made barely anything off them. the magic sets though were the real pricey pony.

6. LucasGFX

LucasGFX The Mad Titan

That guy listing more Dinobot sets should make a lot of people on here happy. Buncha people were waiting on him to relist more.

7. engledogg

engledogg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think he's out of them...amd098 was showing the sold listings.

I was thinking about going that route if he were to get some back in stock...but I'm gonna wait it out. I'll probably regret it, but I've come this far.

MIKE
    engledogg

8. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Bullshit.

That's that undeserved sense of entitlement that is so common around here. Why someone feels they should be able to pay the same as the person who did all the legwork, with none of the costs/risk blows my mind. That's a favor, get a friend to hook you up if you have that option. But to expect to deserve that from random person-x is fucking absurd.

9. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    no one is saying the people who bought them at sdcc should sell them for 159.99

but the ones selling them for 399.99 or selling 30 of them, that is an issue. when something was limit 1 per customer, you would think this wouldn't be a common issue.

this was my issue with a local gamestop. they would 'sell out' their exclusives for preorder incentives. for example, DOA ultimate for xbox. on launch day I went there at 10:10am. i worked 5 min away and wasn't doing anything. the store was EMPTY. there was no midnight launch. and yet, the preorder incentive figure had 'ran out of stock'. hmm. hit up ebay, lo and behold, 100+ preorder incentive figures of it from my small town. how very odd.

10. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You ripped an old wound I had with Game Stop back in 2008 when the Force Unleashed came out you got the Stormtrooper Commander. I reserved the game and no figure when I picked up the game. A guy I knew got his from someone who worked at a gamestop that had the figures before the game was officially released. I am sure others went on the EPrey. The figure was supposed to have been given out at the midnight event. I vowed never to shop at Gamestop ever again. To stay on topic HTS has been inconsistent with their exclusives on line. At least Mattycollector gives an announcement as to when their stuff goes up. TRU did that with the GI Joe Danger at the Docks pack.

11. LucasGFX

LucasGFX The Mad Titan

Yup, didn't notice that lol. All this crap has me going cross eyed.

12. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    its hit or miss. the other one, one city over, is where i went to after that. not once did they miss a preorder incentive, and if they had spare codes left over from midnight events, they gave them out to people the morning of launch. thats how i got my golden hammerburst in gears of war 2

customer service really matters. most places have a date when their SDCC exclusives go up, but hasbro is derping still. it wouldn't be a big issue, but people really want that base and the dinos since we're all wondering why the regular release is fruitty pebbles.

13. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I gotta agree with firehawc on this. One should be expected to pay more if someone has gone an done the hard part for them. If you don't like it don't buy. If you do want it pay for and stop crying about it being too expensive when a person has saved you a trip and fought the crowds to get to it and purchase it.

I don't like it either when someone buys up the whole lot and sells them at ridiculous amount but oh well what are you gonna do besides go to said conventions yourself and get it your damn self. Either that or buy it now and pay a high price, or hope that it doesn't become sought after and the price drops, or hope to god that it doesn't become sought after and the price sky rockets astronomically.

14. tagmac

tagmac Well-Known Member

I have to agree with this. If someone wants to charge $10-30 more (up to $5 for for reg. action figures), plus shipping, I look at that as them doing me a favor, and the higher price justifies saving me gas, aggravation, etc. It's the ones who immediately double or triple the asking price that angers us all.

Back when the SW figures came back in the mid 90's, this one scalper would go in to TRU, buy up every popular or new figure, then immediately drive over to his flea market stand where he sold them at twice the price, triple for shortpacked figs. Create a false shortage, then leave yourself the only guy in town selling them. Rumor is in the 80's, people were doing that with Transformers.

It's thanks to places like amazon and HTS that we collectors had a way to figt back, being able to order our figs online, instead of hoping to beat these guys to the store (and the one middle-aged scalper in my area is STILL trolling the stores - saw him going in to TRU as I was walking out this morning - wouldn't be surprised if there's fewer Sunspots than when I went in). At first, HTS was a great place to get new figures. Now, exclusive or not, you never know when they'll re-stock ANYTHING once it's gone.

15. RodimusDawg

News Credits:
    If a person was just going to toys r us and doing this with a Masterpiece Transformer understandable it would be ridiculous. But for convention exclusives you should expect it.

Not that I agree with it but these people paid to get in to the convention and paid to get there,fought the crowd,carried it around,bought it back with them and you expect to pay $10-30 more than what they paid? Yeah your setting yourself up for disappointment.

16. Chump

Chump Well-Known Member

Can someone explain how the process of buying something at comicon works? If I get a ticket for all of the days, does that include a guarantee of purchasing all of the items at all the booths or do I then need to get into another line with no guarantee that I can purchase an item? I have never been to a comicon but am seriously thinking about trying to get a ticket next year.

17. ToDigAndBeDug

ToDigAndBeDug Well-Known Member

Such a heated argument in here today. Is this what happens when all hope is lost until Monday?

18. RodimusDawg

News Credits:
    It's varied for me Chump. Some conventions I've been to was first come first serve.

Others have had a raffle where you got a ticket and for example had a number like 1598 on it. And the winning tickets were numbers 1200-1800 so you were then guaranteed the option to purchase.

19. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

You have to get in line and hope they don't sellout while your on line. I know of people who camped out just to get in early. I think there was drama a couple of years ago at the Hasbro booth with people cutting line and local dealers stacking the line with friends just to get extra sets.

20. Chump

Chump Well-Known Member

Are you guys kidding? So you have to go through torture trying to get tickets to gain entrance and then have to play roulette in regards to being able to have the opportunity to buy a con item. Pass. How about TFcon? Has anyone been to one of those? I was looking at the one in chicago and it seems to be reasonably priced. Are these worthwhile going to?