SDCC 2014 Waiting for HTS Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by bradforj, Jul 24, 2014.

1. RustyMuffler

RustyMuffler Tronbot

No. He's just a re-seller. Or, dealer. Some might use another term, but I'll leave that to them.

2. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just got home from work and see they still haven't listed anything.

I'm sooooo glad I didn't take my vacation time this week like I did the past couple of years, I'd be pissed right now.

3. Raiju

Raiju Go For Broke Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ^ If he listed them all at once, he'd pretty much be flooding the market and competing against himself at that point, driving prices and competition down. Better to list stock one at a time to drive up demand (and thus final pricing). Simple supply and demand.

4. TransfanG1

TransfanG1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I will succumb to getting this on eBay, but only AFTER it gets listed on HTS and I miss it. This is a quest and a quest I refuse to give up until the fat lady has sung, I'm determined to see this to the bitter end, one way or another...

5. Big Filipino

Big Filipino John 3:16-17 says it all

News Credits:
    That's good to know. I suppose it's possible that every time my friends swung by the booth (likely in the morning) they'd just see the line and opt not to waste their time but then also didn't bother checking back later once things sold out and the line died down.

At least I'll know what to tell them for next year. :D 

6. RustyMuffler

RustyMuffler Tronbot

I really just do not think either the "Dinobots" set or the hairband set is going to sell out the way most of you think. It wasn't sold out at the show and isn't selling for what most re-sellers would constitute as an acceptable profit. The shipping alone on those sets is going to kill most.

7. Autobot Optimus

Autobot Optimus Autobot Commander

Part of me thinks the Knights set would have been a lot better or at least more popular if they had used G1 earth molds rather than pre-earth molds.

8. Maroyasha

Maroyasha IOU A Title

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    All these problems with waiting and stuff is why I'm gonna save most of my money and go to SDCC next year! Even if I have to go alone at 16 I will!

9. Grimlockimus

Grimlockimus Wot?

News Credits:
    Same here, the temptation is there but since my main goal is getting the Dinobot set which seems to be selling rather slowly, I'll wait. The Dinobot set could end up like the old Shockwave Lab set where it sits there for awhile before going out of stock.

10. Slugslinger81

Slugslinger81 Well-Known Member

"TO THE DEATH!!!...or at least until they sell out" lmao

11. Maroyasha

Maroyasha IOU A Title

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I just saw Shockwave's Lab for like 55 dollars on Amazon with like 10 dollars shipping today. Was tempted to grab it, but I already have BH Shockwave

12. soundwave69

soundwave69 Well-Known Member

Except he's doing that anyway (flooding). He lists another one within 5 minutes of the previous auction and that one sells out another two minutes later, rinse and repeat. Plus, he never raises his price regardless of how many he sells and how fast they sell so it hardly seems like he is trying to drive up the price. I studied this dude last year, it's weird as hell lol.

Edit:

By my count, he has sold 14 Magics @ $375 and 9 Dinos @ $225 and still listing...dude is raking.

13. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Yeah. Exactly. I've got no problem with a tongue-in-cheek rock-band set, I just don't like those molds (well, except for the Animated instrument-bots... and Megatron is nice enough). I also think the execution in terms of color palette and hair design could have been better. But if this set had used better molds and had slightly different execution, I probably would have been all over it.

14. trdkamuri51o

trdkamuri51o Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    SOMEONE POST THAT pricelist picture for Hasbro 2014!!! got a killer deal that popped up

15. Pikachu_King

Pikachu_King Well-Known Member

you ever think he might just be a good guy trying to help fellow fans and make a small profit?

Anyways I really hope he has a few more up his sleeve, but they are going so slowly that I wouldn't be surprised if they stay in stock at hts for 10 minutes +

16. RustyMuffler

RustyMuffler Tronbot

Another thing about the eBay sellers to consider for those of you after the "Dinobots" set: anyone who has purchased from HTS in the past should know about their less than stellar packing/shipping methods. Whereas, with eBay sellers, most will make damn sure that what they are shipping is protected so that they don't have to deal with after-auction issues with PayPal disputes, etc. This increases when the item in question is a highly sought after collectible. Add to that the up front cost involved for the seller and you can pretty much be assured that if you buy from one of those eBay guys, you will get your set in the same condition it was in at the show.

With HTS, you are rolling the dice as to the condition of your items if/when they show up.

17. Rhinox23

Rhinox23 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I just bought one from him. His feedback is all positive and it's all from last years SDCC exclusives. I looked closer and all if the feedback is from varied users whose feedback ranges from 20-2000. I don't know how he's doing it but it seems on the up and up to me. If he comes through then I think it's worth the $35-40 extra.

18. pfcparts

pfcparts Well-Known Member

They are doing an extra run like the platinum bruticus set last year aren't they? I'd really like that dinobot set but don't want to buy it off of ebay...

19. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

One does not simply go to SDCC...

20. Maroyasha

Maroyasha IOU A Title

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I will. Screw the panels, I'll camp out, get my exclusives, and freaking bolt! Well....maybe I'll stay for one panel XD But it never hurts to try :mad: