SDCC 2013 Waiting for a Restock at HTS

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Slugslinger81, Jul 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Transfromicon

Transfromicon Habitual line stepper

Anything so far?

2. Hound711

Hound711 Moon Base One

Nothing. No re-stocks, and no new shipping news.

3. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    My alert box got a fake positive, not sure from what though. It was on the exclusives page.

4. thielmj

thielmj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really hope it doesn't restock today if they do i'm at a wedding all day and don't want to miss out on atleast a chance of the magic set without paying 400 bucks. honestly i really only want the garruk, jace and chandra

5. Alucard77

News Credits:
    They close in an hour. Chances of restock now is very slim. Enjoy the weekend.

6. Transfromicon

After today, I would think we should def be safe till Monday. What is crazy is that the shipping situation still hasn't been figured out, let alone the restock's.

7. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Yeah, until they figure out the shipping stuff, I don't think we are seeing anything in terms of a restock.

8. DavidT

DavidT Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh good! We're back! Hated they locked the other thread. They might prefer it in the Transformer General Discussion forum instead of the Toy Forum. If they lock this one again, try that.

Anyway, yeah I pretty much quit watching the last 2 days. Every once in a while I'll bring up HTS just to see, and then close it out. Looks like nothing is shipping out till next week at the earliest.

9. Hound711

Hound711 Moon Base One

I'm out...hopefully Monday will be the day.

10. Mega Convoy

Mega Convoy Well-Known Member

If they go Monday they'll be up against the Matty sale. Not that that should stop them mind but I'm sure they're aware and it's a consideration. I'm thinking it will be Tuesday now. Maybe even hump day again.

11. Transfromicon

???

I thought the Matty sale was August 5th?

12. Slugslinger81

Slugslinger81 Well-Known Member

Its from the big bang therory when penny and her friend walk into the comic book store and the the geeks stop what they doing and focus their attention on them lol

13. Slugslinger81

Speaking of which, check this article (at your leisure) about mattel addressing collector disatisfaction with communication on exclusives, release dates, etc...I think Hasbro should take notice and at least address the concern thst we have.

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/...14-subs-what-happens-if-we-dont-hit-the-goal/

Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
  14. soundwavempl

soundwavempl Toy Addict TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It is, so next Monday for Matty. Hopefully this Monday will be HTS restocks! I have been F5ing since this past Monday and I missed out on SDCC Metroplex the first time he was available.

I totally agree. If it is one thing Mattel has over Hasbro, it is regular communication with the fans (well at least for the lines on MattyCollector).

15. Mega Convoy

Mega Convoy Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm a week early. I know it's a Monday (checking) Well I don't see anything at the site (damn they want $215 for Ecto-1, forget eBay Matty's the scalper!) and they should if it's this week...so I guess I'm wrong. Clearly I need more sleep. My bad.

16. yami4ct

yami4ct Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not that crazy. The volume of orders they have to check for doubles, confirm high dollar amount ones, pack and ship is insane. This orders of magnitude more work than they're used to. It takes time to get through it all. Not counting Sunday, since obviously they likely aren't working, they're only a day behind last year's schedule. Perfectly acceptable give how late in the day this year's exclusives launched.

Restocks won't happen until they start getting out orders, plain and simple. Whether or not those orders actually get shipped before the extras go up, I can't say. What I will say is, just because they haven't shipped doesn't mean a restock isn't happening that day. If shipments do happen, though, it's likely restocks will happen soon so watch out. Sunday is 99% safe, so feel free to take the day off.

17. Slugslinger81

Agreed, spoke with one of the guys in shipping and receiving for our company but he says the usual process, general in shipping and receiving industry, sales are made online or by phone, orders then are verified before a pick list/order list iis sent down to the warehouse, once the order pickers get all the items on each order, its processed down to the shipping/receiving department which will pack and expedite each order in the system with each carrier (fedex, ups, usps) usually once these are processed tracking number is available, and carrier picks up at facility...hope this helps anyone understand the shipping process a bit more and ease everyones anxiety..i know it helped me understand a bit more.

18. drazen96

drazen96 Well-Known Member

So what makes this year different then every other year where they have more exclusives? And high dollar ones too like the Death Star set or the carbonate set? Same thing High dollar but turn around in Monday/tues and restocks avail within 24 hours? Normally company's move forward and get more efficient not less and slower

19. yami4ct

yami4ct Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Were there earlier restocks last year? I don't really remember last year well as I wasn't looking for it.

As for shipping, shipping really isn't that late yet. The exclusives went up later than last year, so if they were to be a day late and ship stuff on Tuesday instead of Monday, that's not bad in my opinion. If they shipped Wednesday or later, then I'd start calling them out on being a bit excessively late.

20. Coltello

Coltello Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I received mine on Friday. If I learned anything about camping online for popular items, always use express shipping because it's going to take forever for it to get shipped if hundreds of other people ordered the same thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.