SDCC 2012 Bruticus Gift Set Images From BOTCON

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by DESTRO, Apr 28, 2012.

1. conan050

conan050 Well-Known Member

I have to say Hasbro can be idiots with their choice of colors for their SDCC exclusives. Why would you make color-accurate versions exclusive only? I think the color-accurate versions should be retail because they would obviously sell more. If they made some zany colors for their exclusives it's still gunna sell like hot cakes because of the fact that it is an exclusive. Just take last years MU Sentinel as an example. The retail version had ugly colors and didn't sell at all. They chose to make the comic accurate version colors SDCC exclusive once they realized how poorly regular Sentinels were selling they actually re-released it in the SDCC colors. You think they would learn from their mistakes!

2. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Unless of course, they just say they're releasing it as an exclusive so more people will scramble to get it at a HIGHER price, and then when convention's over, announce that both colors will be available at retail. The SDCC Sentinel colors were announced to be non exclusive I think about a month or two after the 'Con. Don't think they could just scramble a batch production so soon after being an exclusive, more likely it was planned all along.

3. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg Hi Yukio!

News Credits:
    Is it wrong that I think that the SDCC exclusives kick the crap out of the Botcon exclusives year after year?

4. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow, dick move to put the game colours on the SDCC exclusive, you'd have thought they'd want kids and fans to buy the one that comes out at retail by making it as accurate as possible.

Should have put this one out to retailers and G2 colours or Ruination to SDCC.

5. DreadMadHatter

DreadMadHatter Member

Of course it's an exclusive. Pretty bad player punch Hasbro, not cool. Just to spite you I'm buying the retail versions and just painting them.
    The gold has me wondering if it's paint or I'm gonna have a broken Bruticus though if I do through some miracle get enough money for this.
    Can't really complain about price though, a lot of my money is going to third party stuff like Giant or the Scouting Force X so my money management is my own fault XD

6. DreadMadHatter

DreadMadHatter Member

No I agree with you full on. I think the only Botcon Exclusive I want this year is Kick-Off, and I'm having a buddy grab that for me when he goes.

7. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Um, no...the retail FoC Bruticus colors are closer to the Energon Bruticus deco, not the G2 deco.

PJ, have you already purchased tickets for SDCC? Because tickets already sold out so unless you stalk their website and see if anything becomes available due to cancellations, you're not getting in. They don't do walk-up registration anymore, all registration (single-day passes or four day) all occurs beforehand. Four day passes (with or without Preview Night) sold out at last year's convention, and per their website, all passes are sold out, period.

Comic-Con 2012 :: What's New

I don't think you're wrong to think that....me personally, I've found Transformer SDCC exclusives to be much less adventurous, much safer, than Botcon exclusives, at least in the last few years that I've been going. They're not awful by any means (I've purchased all of them the last three years except the Soundwave and Blaster reissues, and declined those two only because I owned earlier reissues already) but I don't necessarily have a reaction of any kind to them at all other than "Okay, cool." For better or worse, FunPub's stuff usually draws a stronger reaction from me one way or the other. I can understand why Hasbro takes the safer approach with SDCC exclusives and don't blame them, but I'm glad this year's exclusives will have something different to them beyond the packaging, since last year's really only had "nice packaging" and "get them before anyone else!" going for them since the decos were barely different or no different at all to their corresponding non-SDCC releases.

8. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg Hi Yukio!

News Credits:
    Hey - I see you live in CA and seem to know about SDCC - I got a question for you:

I'm actually going to be in San Diego the week of SDCC (I'm visiting my sister - totally unrelated to SDCC). Is there any chance I can get the Hasbro exclusives while I am out there? I realize that I'm not going to get inside the show due to it being sold-out. Do you have any idea how I can score the exclusives while I am out there but yet can't get inside the building due to it being sold out? Can I walk up to the convention center and get somebody who has a pass get them for me? Is there any value to going to the Convention Center without a pass?

Or am I out of luck (most likely)? My guess is that being in San Diego that week without a pass is just the same as being back here in Ohio without a pass - i.e. the only way I can get them is through the online store after the convention.

Sorry if the question seems stupid - I just don't know much about SDCC and I just found out I'll be out there (in San Diego) that week.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  9. Lbsammills51

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you know someone who's actually going to SDCC (whether it's a member on here or elsewhere) and is willing to wait in line, than I'd ask them to see if they can snag some for you.

I'd say asking someone outside of the convention center to go snag you some is risky, not just because you're hoping they actually do it, but because first they will have to wait in two lines; one to get some kind of "pass" to the Hasbro line (either a ticket or their badge stamped; it changes from year to year how they do it and how many people stampede through) and then they'll have to get in line and hope they get to buy stuff that same day (I couldn't get in on Preview Night last year, came back first thing Thursday and couldn't get in before finally getting in Friday).

It may be worth it to check online for any hobby or comic stores in the area because I'm sure they'll have people pick stuff up for them to resell at their store. I don't live in the area (I stay with a friend in Chula Vista each year) so unfortunately I can't recommend any store.

It may be worth it to stalk the website (if you have the time and patience to do so) because people do cancel; additionally if you follow SDCC on Twitter or something they do post when they have extra batches of tickets come available and when they'll go up for sale (typically these tickets are from cancellations).

Otherwise, yeah I guess you're stuck hitting Refresh on HTS' website the week after Botcon with everyone else or looking elsewhere like BBTS or eBay.

10. Grimlockimus

Grimlockimus Wot?

News Credits:
    See if someone on the inside can buy them for you, but it's more of a lottery, you don't know how long it'll take them to find them, or how much extra some people will want from you in exchange for their help.

But more often than not Hasbro makes enough of them to supply HTS pretty well, and if my guess is right they'll do the same thing they did before on highly desired items and make them 1 per customer.

11. oswaldCobblepot

oswaldCobblepot Well-Known Member

So...We'll be able to get this at some point even if we're not able to go to comic-con, right? After all, Hasbro is/was still selling the NYC Prime set on their website a while after that one...

If not, I may cry. Fucking comic-con, being sold out months in advance. Stupid fire marshalls and their max capacity rules.

12. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    With the exception of the GI Joe related items. For some reason those sell out very very fast.

13. MattoMogwai

MattoMogwai Some Robot in Disguise

Ah well. I live in Britain, so I avoid the sh*tstorm. Still rather bummed about the whole thing, but Shockwave Soundwave and MP-10 are still must-buys, plus they'll probably come to the UK!

14. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I kinda want this thing just for the box... also MP10 is great news so thats this years big spends done

15. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    The fire marshals need to step up their game. SDCC is a freaking death trap. It is so crowded that if the slightest panic ever got started, the death toll would be catastrophic from the trampling alone, even if there were no fire. It feels like you're shoulder to shoulder on at least three sides at almost all times in the exhibitor's hall/dealer room. Walking down an aisle is more like being pulled by a riptide. Just go along, don't fight it, don't try to change directions.

So, if anything, I think SDCC should cut the max number of passes sold. By thousands. Or they need to find a bigger venue, if one exists.

16. PikaManiac

PikaManiac Well-Known Member

From my experience, it may shelfwarm in Singapore if it hits retail, like Blaster, Nemesis Prime, Piranacon, and Soundwave. Hell, even JetPower Optimus Prime shelfwarmed. Although for some reasons we never got Amazon Unicron, and NYCC Arcee and Bumblebee.

17. Lbsammills51

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The crazy thing is I guess they have cut the amount of passes sold recently because the fire marshall started bitching...but yes, if there ever was something crazy in the exhibitors' hall, like you said, that would be disastrous because you are packed in on all sides for a good chunk of that area.

There has been talk/speculation of the convention moving to LA/Staples Center or that general area so they can handle more people, but San Diego just renewed the license so its not leaving there anytime soon.

18. TheTFReview

TheTFReview XboxLIVE: kpeek

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thank god i'm going to SDCC this year :D 

19. HnH

HnH MPM Moron

News Credits:
  20. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You are not wrong,SDCC exclusives is more outstanding this time round