Customs: Sculpting Material with Flex?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Snaku, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Are there any durable sculpting materials that have some flexibility once cured? I currently use Apoxie Sculpt and it works really well but it's very rigid and brittle. For most things I do, that's fine, but sometimes I want to make a part that's thin and I'd like it to have at least a little flex before it breaks. Basically the closer it can be to plastic, the better.

The only other materials I'm aware of are Green Stuff and Milliput. I seem to recall being told that one of those has more flexibility than apoxie but I can't remember which. Whatever I end up using also needs to be able to be sanded and take paint well. Bonus points if it's less sticky while working than apoxie is (one of the biggest challenges I have with apoxie sculpt is keeping it from sticking to my fingers while I work).

2. AutobotSDG

AutobotSDG Well-Known Member

I've never actually used Green Stuff but from my understanding it has some flexibility to it. I am more familiar with Milliput, which once dried is pretty rigid and can be brittle as well, so I would say similar to Apoxie Sculpt. I have found that the easiest way to keep Apoxie Sculpt/Milliput from sticking to your fingers is to keep your fingers wet, it will also help to smooth out the putty while working with it as well.

Hope that helps.

• Like Like x 1