Repro/Sticker: Sculpt-bots Head thread

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Sculpt-bot, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Yeah, just I sent them 3 or 4 weeks ago initially and I've followed up since... someone else on the forums having a similar problem too. d'oh!

2. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I think the 1st New head I think of needing is really for Universe Blaster. That's the stand out one.

But I Also have some other thoughts.

What about a Supermode head for Armada Optimus that looks like Optimus and not a fish ?

Or a head for Overload that looks like The Fallen.

Also there might be some people who'd like to modify / repaint a Walmart Breakaway into Either Red Alert or into Non-Evil Goldbug so a head for that mold that was Red Alert like or that was a reproduction of the Botcon Goldbug head might be useful

3. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

Just curious, would it be hard to get a Voyager-sized version of the Supreme Starscream head? I've got an idea for using that as a base for a custom Overlord.

4. zfeakye

zfeakye Starscreaming Slut

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hi, seems that your PM inbox is full, i tried to PM you on some head requests.....Can PM me? Thanks!!!

5. Crefigz

Crefigz Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hello sculpt-bot, how are you doing ?

Are you busy with stuff ?

6. Cybertronian

Cybertronian Well-Known Member

Hello.
    I am looking for a custom head for a custom based on Cybertron Downshift/2007 movie Big Daddy. What I originally had in mind was something similar to Targetmaster Sureshot (toy version) or movie Longarm. Do you think you could help me out, and how much would it cost?
    Also, is your Bumper head compatible with Cybertron Red Alert? If not, could one be made so? (If not, I'd also like to get a repro of Red Alert's visor in translucent blue or purple.)

7. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    his heads are compatible with anything. they're just heads, you'll have to make your own attachment point. For example, I used his Motormaster head for both a Classics custom and an Alternators one. I had to drill a hole in the bottom of the head to accommodate the ball joint. The heads are just solid, so you can do whatever you need to do with them.

8. Cybertronian

Cybertronian Well-Known Member

Thanks for pointing that out.
    W/O the right tools (dremel, or something to bisect and drive a fresh screw), I'd probably be at a disadvantage. It'd still be cool to paint one once the "dirty work"'s done though. If the Bumper head fit Red Alert's roof/neck shaft, I'd have something neat for the new medic I'm cooking up.
    Right now, I'm trying to interchange parts between the Red Alert molds (in this case, Crankcase's head, with Cannonball's visor). Problem is, mold degradation hit both of my recolors in a bad way. (Neither visor will fit inside the other's head!) To compound the problem, I think my Red Alert's head was glued together before being screwed.

9. 1987olds442

1987olds442 Cam Maximus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    I really like the Universe Blaster & Roadbuster heads.

10. misternewuzer

misternewuzer Predacon Secret Police

do you do commissions? or perhaps have considered adding some TFA sculpts to your repertoir? I'm looking for someone who'd make a TFA Brawn head that would scale on the dlx TFA Soundwave body, or perhaps a TFA Hot Shot head for dlx TFA Bumblebee?

11. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Sculpt-bot is currently not making heads as you've bumped his old thread. If you'd like to request a commission from another artist, please post such in the "Commission Requests" forum here in Radicons. If you're set on a SB head, you can always try pming him :thumb 

12. misternewuzer

I did post the request a few days ago, it's gotten few hits. I got excited to find someone who made heads... Ah well

13. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Coolness. Hopefully that will work out for you :thumb 

If you want to read more about SB, venture on over to his Featured Radicon Article :wink: 

14. misternewuzer

oh, it's not working out, hahaha. by "few hits" I meant "16 views and no responses." such is life, I'll probly just skip out on this project.

15. REDLINE

News Credits:
    he's retired from making heads, but he's hardly the only person here making them. I suggest you look around a little more. :) 

16. Demonss

Demonss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey there.. Any heads you got that are roughly the size of the Energon/RoTF combiner superion/bruticus size?

*edit* just saw the post a few posts up about not making heads anymore.. darn..

17. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    Thats how they do it now...they used to reduce larger scale by hand using a pantograph/panagraph system with long lever arms...like thos reduce enlarge drawing toys you used to get.

1:1 sculpting is done a lot more often than you'd think too..just in the US 2-ups 3- up and even 5 ups are more common techniques.

Plus more surprising of all, in some fact6ories in china its actually cheaper to have someone hand sculpt a 1:1 copy from a 2 up sculpt and you can't tell the difference!

Oh and <--- Ironhide in my icon, 1:1 sculpt

18. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Hey guys, as many of you know, Sculpt-bot has closed taking commissions and selling heads as of right now. If you're looking for things similar to what Sculpt-bot once offered, there are other artists who are casting/producing repro parts. You can use our "Requests" forum in Radicons, or contact an artist.

This thread remains open for comments regarding Sculpt-bot's work. You are certainly free to admire/critique his work. However, any such posts for requests and the like will be removed. Thanks!

19. JakmanFirby

JakmanFirby The Jakman

News Credits:
    whoa jezus MAKE A TUT!! XD

20. REDLINE

News Credits:
    um, he already did, years ago, it's in the tutorials section. :p