Scramble-City-stye combiners?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Hyoumaru, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Hyoumaru

Hyoumaru M.S.B.S. ver. 10.5

Asking this out of curiosity, since I imagine not all 3P combiners are created equal.

Is it typical for 3P combiners to follow the scramble city style that lets a limb bot form either an arm or a leg? Obviously excluding bots that weren't scramble city in the first place like Devastator, but aside from Fansproject's Intimidator/Menasor, I never see people setting up combiners in setups other than their "Default" situation, leaving me unsure if they can or can't scramble city.

Off the top of my head I can think of Ordin/Abominus, Promtheus/Defensor, Guardia/Defensor, WB-03/Computron, Quantron/Computron, WB-01/Bruticus, Hades/Liokaiser, Uranos/Superion, Toyworld's Dinobot combiner and Throttlebot combiners, and no idea of TFM's Menasor will be able to or not

There's probably more but that's what comes to mind

2. dedguy

dedguy Well-Known Member

The only one I have ever heard of is TFC's Poseidon (Piranacon).

3. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, up until Poseidon's complete, the only 3P Combiner that can do a full scramble is FP's Menasor. All the rest have dedicated arm/leg engineering, so the best you can get is a left<->right limb swap.

4. LazyAza

LazyAza Ehhhhh

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    No its extremely rare.

Only TFC's sets can do it, and even then only two of them - their defensor and their piranicon. Its rare because its often a detrimental feature that hampers engineering and makes design infinitely more difficult and aesthetics vastly more likely to be compromised. And before anyone feels like being smart and pointing at combiner wars stuff, yeah, look how those turned out, ugly fucking things with all kinds of issues. And TFC's sets don't exactly look good when scrambled.

I guess fansprojects m3 also counts but the connections for tbone and carcrash in arm mode are so shit if you cough they fall off and they can't hold the combiner weapons. Such a stupid design oversight.

5. Orion2703

Orion2703 Ultimate Hunter TFW2005 Supporter

And it being rare is a good thing really, trying for it is only adding an extra layer of complexity to the situation that isn't needed, which in most cases is going to be detrimental to the figure in one way or another.

6. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah Scramble City forces them to account for an entire extra mode. As a result, you tend to end up with totally homogenized engineering like Combiner Wars.

7. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The best third-party Scramble City combiner. PLEASE MAKE MORE!

[​IMG]

8. Ekreth

Ekreth Well-Known Member

Maketoys Quantron and Guardia can change arms, but not the legs, as others said already 3rd party companys design the limb bots as dedicated arms or legs

9. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, except for Glacialord, Poseidon, Promethus and M3, which all scramble!

10. Ekreth

Ekreth Well-Known Member

But you guys already mentioned those, that is why I left them out :) 
    Although rereading my comment I should have added that they do that most of the time :) 

11. Venters

Venters Member

The Hades, aka liokaiser combiner I saw someone switch the arms and legs.....he looks ridiculous but you can do it.

12. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Scramble city is overrated... I would wager the vast majority just want them in their 'proper' configuration anyhow.

13. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Agreed.