SCP Foundation

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by MasterZero, Oct 17, 2014.

1. MasterZero

MasterZero Taking a Break

Welcome to the SCP Foundation thread. A thread I started in honor of Halloween. Here, you can talk about the videogame "SCP Containment Breach," as well as the wiki that started it all, SCP Foundation.

What IS the SCP Foundation?

It is an international organization respected by all governments that is the first, last, and only line of defense between the general public and Anomalous Items/Humanoids. They keep the world normal, and they keep the monsters away from the public as best they can.

To quote someone, its "The Men In Black crossed with 4chan."

Don't know anything about the SCP? I'd be happy to educate you. Wanna talk about your favorite SCPs? Go for it. Wanna just comment about how creepy SCP-173? Go for it.

2. yodafett

yodafett Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    This is a ... video game?

3. bookwormdalek

bookwormdalek Gotta get a grip

News Credits:
    I freaking love SCPs. I've yet to play Containment Breach though because it seems like it would take up alot of my free time, and I really don't have alot of that right now. My favorite SCP thus far is SCP-294, though SCP-999 comes close.

4. MasterZero

October 17th. SCP of the Day.

I am SCP-426. I am an ordinary toaster. However, when a human being refers to me, they can only do so in the first person context. There has yet to been a way to write or speak in reference to me in any other form.

Continued practice for over two months will cause the speaker to begin to believe THEY are a toaster. If not restrained, they will cause harm to themselves in an attempt to replicate standard toaster practices.

5. MasterZero

It has one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOKPr63GUyY

Containment Breach is all about being trapped in an SCP testing site that has all of those horrible evils unleashed. And they're hunting YOU.

SCP-999 is awesome! I love the little guy.

Though the vending machine is crazy fun. Anyone want some EetMees?

6. yodafett

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I am SO confused... I'm at work, so I can't hit the actual website for it.... I'll try to see if I can figure out WTH this is about this weekend... lol

7. bookwormdalek

bookwormdalek Gotta get a grip

News Credits:
    It's kinda like Area 51 plus Creepypasta.

8. yodafett

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I get the "theme" of it, I guess, but I'm lost as to the "media" or it. This is in the Video Games and Technology section, so I assumed it was a Video Game, but I guess not. Is it a pen & paper RPG, a card game, a viral website, etc. That's the key part I'm missing, lol.

9. MasterZero

It's a collection of articles, stories, and at least one independent game. I actually asked a mod beforehand and she said to put the thread in the video game forum.

10. MasterZero

October 18th. SCP-1575. A fountain that turns animals into human beings after drinking from it over a long period of time. Sounds cool, huh? Right up until you realize most animals die due their skeletons breaking and attempting to turn into the human equivalent, or their cardiovascular systems aren't able to keep up with the new bodies.

Worst of all, one experiment had a dog as the subject. A dog that was not properly checked for parasites was given the fountain water to drink. Here's a quote from that incident....

"We absolutely do not need another instance of half-mutated flea-creatures, and the psychologist is having a hard time helping Janet with her nightmares of a seven foot long tapeworm with a screaming face tearing out of the belly of a dog."