Scout class

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Scott8797, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Right Cybertron Swindle and Hardtop are the ones i meant. Thanks.
    Especially Hardtop. Love those colours.

I still hope to find a second hand Stormcloud soon.

2. ron8675309

ron8675309 Exploding Salamander Of Exploding Salamanders

Hang him!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Why? Most of those toys were bricks with a crappy weaponmode and an barely passable vehicle mode.
    Swerves partner was the best of the lot. Of the ones i bought anyway.

4. Nitro Zeus

Nitro Zeus Practitioner of Bool

I quite liked Blazemaster, especially considering the propeller's interactions with regular weapon ports. I only say that I like them because the waves consistently had these Targetmaster partners, which expanded the play pattern, and I respect that. They usually sucked, but I appreciate their inclusion

5. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah, Blazemaster or rather the Spinister redeco is my one regret. And i appreciated the little Reflector. I appreciated the inclusion and added playvalue, but i think they should have left it at a better articulated botmode with a better weapon mode. They overdid it imo.

6. Nitro Zeus

Yeah, I do actually agree. Now that we already have had the Targetmasters and have lost them with nothing to compensate, I sort of miss them, but I too would have preferred better robots with more normal weaponry. Scoop's two are enough. Blazemaster (and surely Spinister, never got that version) is pretty fun, certainly the most well-detailed, and the gun-mode conversion is far more interesting than even Swerve's. Packing him with Bee was brilliant because the wheels have subtle holes where you can insert the blades. THAT'S playvalue.

• Like Like x 1
  7. CelticMutt

CelticMutt Herald of Thundercracker

To be fair, at least some of the legends like Bumblebee/Chase and Wheelie are a lot more complex than t30 Swerve, Optimus, or Bumblebee/Cliffjumper.

I still think DotM Powerglide is as good as, if not better than legends Powerglide. I'd say they have equally good bot modes, but the legends version's jet mode barely holds together and his gun mode is just crap, while the cyberverse's jet mode is excellent.

Not really. While, maybe in complexity. Some of the DotM ones were definitely as complex as RotF or HftD scouts, but were starting to lose complexity by the time of Prime. However they're much smaller, maybe an inch? The t30 line legends were basically rebranded cyberverse figures as far as size goes. They started growing during CW, to the point where the recent legends are only about half an inch shorter than scouts.

Breacher, Windcharger, and the admittedly much simpler Hubcap are all must haves if you ask me. And one of these days I'll get around to getting the Red Baron redeco of Ransack.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Banned

I loved the Micromaster partners.

I do like the new Legends scale for Minibots and such but the older scouts would have done it with more details and articulation so that would of course be better.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Nitro Zeus

I somehow forgot about Powerglide! I do actually put him up there with the aforementioned Commanders, but unfortunately I had to part with mine a while ago (along with a few other movie toys) so one of my cousins could have a better birthday.
    I never got Windcharger or Hubcap because they simply never came to my area and I didn't really order much online back then. All I saw from the RtS/HftD Scouts on shelves were RotF repaints and Breacher, so I got the latter. Ransack is so uniquely and definitely a Movie toy that I couldn't help but get him at his release, but that repaint looks outstanding.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Ow yeah. Hubcap and Ransack are gems.

• Like Like x 3
  11. ron8675309

ron8675309 Exploding Salamander Of Exploding Salamanders

Tar and feather him!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Here comes the snow...

*pets GDO Laserbeak* I miss them too, buddy. I miss them too...

• Like Like x 1
  13. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    his Jet mode is excellent, but his bot mode is way, way to far into the movie aesthetic for my tastes. I picked him up multiple times trying to convince myself he could be CHUG stand in, but could never pull the trigger (i was done buying movie stuff ever again by that point)

14. Basilisk

Basilisk It will give you infinite pleasure!

I'm fine with the current Legends we get, they're basically the modern scouts.

But yeah I do miss the old scouts like Breacher, Armorhide and Windcharger are excellent. I really want to get the Energon Combiners so I can add combining scouts to my collection that aren't mediocre like the PCCs.

15. Nitro Zeus

I really wouldn't say that the Energon limbs are that much better than PCC torsos, excluding the comboners. I really liked the boat guy and that tank fellow, but I never liked any of the Energon limb(mold)s that I've gotten the chance to fiddle around with.

16. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

I owned Superion Maximus and Bruticus Maximus along with their 3P add-ons but I've lost my love for those Energon combiner limbs. It was an "okay" first attempt by HasTak at making a modern combiner. Part of the reason I didn't like those limbs was because of their size and partly because the molds were pretty boring.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Decepticon Voltwave

Decepticon Voltwave Databook Writer

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Dark of the Moon set the standard for the smaller-scale figures (Legends and Commanders). The Cyberverse line was excellent in terms of scale accuracy. The Scouts of the previous film became the Commanders for Dark of the Moon. In regards to the cinematic toyline, Age of Extinction destroyed the potential for the Legions and the Commander/Scout-class figures.

• Like Like x 1