Scotland Filming pics (Actual Knights are here)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Red Goblin, Aug 22, 2016.

1. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ok thanks for the science class. SORRY! And I know metal is not organic but (in the movie) its explained that organic DNA is used to make the metal that the TFs are made out of so their metal is an organic based metal. So what I'm saying is, maybe it can revert and break back down to an organic state and that's how they get raw unrefined Energon. And yes, what do you think Galvatron was going to use the seed for in China? To kill millions of people to turn their organic material into Transformium lol. So yes, once again the plot of ROTF was wasted.

2. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Definitely a flashback scene

3. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    They've pointed out several times in the movies that "Transformium" and Cybertronians have DNA. I know thats contradicting itself, but you said it yourself. These movies don't give 2 shits about logic(or continuity or plot).

Sadly, that horses ass will most likely be the most plot featured in this movie.(Yes I know thats not the actual defintion of it, but some will get my point.)

4. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Honestly the fact that apparently litterally nothing happened in Cybertron's history that didn't simultaneously involve the same goddamn planet they keep forgetting exists is really kind of bad at this point.

Well played.

5. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I get told this a lot, but, does the Transformers franchise itself care about logic?

6. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    That's like asking if all movies should try to be better than Plan 9 From Outer Space.

7. Purple Heart

News Credits:
    Yeah no thats shits getting old. Literally every movie is the same damn idea, but with 2 episodes thrown in to give variation. It's sad.
    Maybe if they actually hired somebody who gave half a shit things would be different.
    Literally.

Well, considering that most of the franchise actually takes itself seriously in an appropiate degree, yes.

8. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It would kinda scare me if a toy franchise took itself too seriously.

The current TF series alone has insane stuff. A crab robot, a frog robot looking for a lost city, a porcupine robot resistance leader, a mob boss robot with antlers, a mad scientist who takes robots bodies for his own and... no...

And this WHOLE FRANCHISE revolves around giant alien robots that turn into various human vehicles, and sometimes a doggone planet. There aren't going to be super-duper awesome well-written stories or characters.

9. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    What toy franchise? Current signs are pointing to TF5 not having one. Sure, there was the leaked stuff about a TF5 Squeeks toy, but nothing about it being mainline Hasbro.

We seriously are looking at TF5 being the first Transformers primary media content that doesn't have toyline support.

Plus, weren't you fairly vocal about that door on CW Ultra Magnus? If you're so big about the toyline not needing to adhere to logic...then the hell was the problem with the door being so tiny on that toy if the fact it was illogically small is no longer a valid argument by your own reasoning?

Oh my god, evil robots with personalities! How illogical that they should be characters and not bullet sponges like 99% of all the Deepticons in the films are!

[​IMG]

I'm sorry, what were you saying? Something about horribly derailing the thread from being about non-transformery stuff like knights?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  10. Purple Heart

News Credits:
    I don't even understand what that last part has to to with itself.

Your saying thays because Transformers is so ridiculous a concept it can't always have the potential to be something of good quality? Thats the lamest excuse ever. Do you know how ridiculous Star Wars is when basically written down on paper? Yet it's a good movie. Ultimetly, the fiction generated and the quality of it depend of who is generating it.
    (Plus, you have the obvious subjective view of the consumer.)
    Transformers is a great franchise with a lot of potential, it's had plenty of stories that are amazing in quality while still being about transforming robots from outer space.

EDIT: Yeah, That panel sums it up quite nicely Burnout.

11. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Plus, let's look at this from another angle:

Why the hell do knights have to be shoehorned into Transformers? Why do Transformers need to have extra shit on top of the gimmick of transforming robots? Is it because Transformers being Transformers somehow isn't appealing even though it's litterally the franchise itself?

Boy, why does this sound both like a terrible idea and also something that isn't new to this franchise?

[​IMG]

12. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

Well, you asked how it relates to human history, and those are ways dinosaurs do relate to human existence!

As far as how it relates to aliens killing of dinosaurs to make robots, it's possible, even likely, that the life forms killed off by the Creators' cyberforming inspired the Creators' designs for their race of robots. My guess is that actual dinosaurs were inspiration for the designs of the Dinobots. Of course they used a little creativity and consequently the Dinobots weren't 100% matches for dinosaurs. Given that the Creators cyberformed thousands of worlds, there were probably thousands if not millions of species that inspired the designs of Cybertronians, hence their visual variety.

It's also a way of showing the threat the Seeds could represent to humanity if left in the wrong hands. By showing that the Seeds decimated the mightiest terrestrial creatures that ever lived in every continent and many islands in most every terrestrial environment it shows the potential threat the Seeds could be in the present.

Also, Lockdown said the Creators don't like it when species mingled, and that they wanted to knock off the pieces of their chess board. Just like Lockdown and the Creators wanted to eliminate and/or enslave the remaining Autobots and Decepticons in recent times, perhaps 66 million years ago they weren't just trying to make a race of robot servants. Perhaps they were also "sweeping their chessboard clean," and they killed two birds with one stone by killing off many life forms in the universe and creating servants that they thought they would always control.

Just like dinosaurs were an adaptable and successful dynasty that was extinguished by plans of the Creators at the end of the Mesozoic, so too are the technologically advanced Autobots and Decepticons currently threatened by their schemes, and humans, whom also are the dominant species of their world, are also potentially threatened by their technology and plans.

My guess is that if the Creators want to recall their creations, perhaps they have replacements in mind that serve them, or at least that they think serve them. The Cybertronian Empire? Sharkticons? Unicron? Star Seekers? Something else entirely? Whatever preferences you or I may have the possibilities for where the story of the Creators and their involvement in the history of Earth and Cybertron are there.

By the way, if some fans don't like the films or linking Cybertronians to Earth's history that's perfectly fine, but we have to remember that all of our opinions are just preferences.

Also, I think there's room for Transformers films that deal with "Ancient Aliens" type stuff, and there's also room for films that only deal with the present day.

13. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    That's probably more thought put into the whole dinosaurs thing than actually went into the script.

14. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    The same be said about Hasbro deciding to switch into organic beasts during the 90s yet that managed to give the brand new life even saved it. Also compared to some of the more ludicrous and insane ideas in the franchise afterwards like kiss players especially, having a knight themed story is far from being an idiotic and nonsensical one especially since we do have characters like G1 Star Saber and BW Silverbolt that pretty much evoke a knight to begin with and then there's IDW having the lore of the Knights of Cybertron so really I don't see how having some of the characters and theme have a knight them is any more offensive and stupid.

After all you can take the concept of transforming robots so far over the years before needing to do something different to keep people interested otherwise you'd get a dead brand. Yeah it doesn't always work but when it does work the result show it.

15. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    How on Earth do you call BW Silverbolt more knightly than DINOBOT?!

I mean, the episode Code of Hero pretty much is all that needs to be said there.

And yet the films are the poster child of the exact opposite of this. No reboots, never changing the same formulaic plot structure, by the time TF5 comes out the films will have exceeded the length of G1 itself, and ABSOLUTELY NO REINVENTION OF ANY KIND.

How can you say brand reinvention is necessary when the movies are the antithesis of that exact concept?

16. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Dinobot came across as being more like a Samurai especially if you see him considering suicide which evoked the Samurai practice but went against it though a Samurai is considered to be Japan's version of a knight to be fair. Silverbolt on the other hand is even more obvious of his Knightly personality in comparison.

I was talking about the entire brand as a whole not just the movies. Also who's to say that if TLK doesn't do well they already have a reboot in mind?

17. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:

Silverbolt had the whole cliche Knight personality going on. Dinobot did not.

He's just desperately looking for things to invent complaints about, and this is the latest one he's latched onto. It's more nonsensical than some of his others, so I expect him to abandon it and move onto the next as soon as he thinks of one.

18. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Enh, I disagree on that but that is merely my opinion.

Oh, trust me, I truly despise everything about what TF5 is becoming, with this horrible 'knights' theme being near the top of the list. The only thing that I consider even reasonably acceptable in my opinion is Megatron...who looks merely like a more streamlined version of the TF1 design anyway.

But it is simply silly how Transformers is jumping on the fantasy bandwagon - because it sure must be coincidence how we've got things like Game of Thrones, that Warcraft movie, and of course Lord of the Rings having finished up not too long ago which all involve the same kind of fantasy medieval themes - while simultaneously proving it is not deviating from the exact same reliance on human history to drive Cybertronian history because it isn't like they can come up with an original plot that doesn't involve ancient crap left lying around on Earth and two entire civilizations forgetting their multiple instances of interaction over the course of thousands of years.

Not to mention 15th century Europe doesn't have anything to do with the leaked plot about Optimus having flown off to Cybertron only to apparently learn the totally-not-Omega-Lock-From-Transformers-Prime is buried somewhere on Earth, probably Stonehenge. Or how Megatron is back and Galvatron is not involved anymore, despite Megatron also being in the medieval knight theme as if Galvatron never happened. And then what about the Creator-not-Quints? Are they apparently somehow involved with the age of the Fuedal system too for no clear reason?

Or, how about the fact that Megatron crashed into the polar ice caps thousands of years prior, yet less than five hundred years ago apparently Decepticons were running around with dragons and shit as implied by the New York banner? Why did the Decepticons ever leave Earth if they'd been here for presumably every major period of human history at the rate the films are going? What's next? Rome? French Revolution? Easter Island Heads?

• Like Like x 1
  19. nater

nater Well-Known Member

Looks like someone put armor on Gimli

20. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ooooohboyyy this is bad. Instead of having a Gi-joe crossover were getting a King Arthur crossover wow what a travesty. Shame on you Hasbro for okaying this nonsense.