Scotland Filming pics (Actual Knights are here)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Red Goblin, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    That first picture with the legless horse is horrifying. Is he just going to slide down the hill on that thing?

3. RazorX3000

RazorX3000 Cybertronian Monkey

News Credits:
    Pretty much safe to say now that the whole JoBlo leak is now legit

4. Galvatross

Galvatross The many layers of human (and ogre) souls. Veteran

Okay, that is really freaking awesome!

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    :lol 

6. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    Is that just an extra or an actor we should know about???

Maybe a Scottish character actor? Can't wait to find out.

Wonder if they ran into any of the folks from Outlander? :D 

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  7. bumblebee22

bumblebee22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm assuming that's the opening sequence where we see humans interact with something transformers related. Hopefully we actually see transformers (hopefully Dinobots) in this time period.

8. DrLee

DrLee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    what the frak is with Bay's security? how many TF movies have had the scripts leak so far? getting moronic TBH

9. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Crazy like the Fox

I really just can't come up with something witty for how much this saddens me regarding how the writers panel failed to even do something as basic as move the plot away from having to first set up more 'the Cybertronians have actually been here the whole goddamn time' bullshit.

I mean come on, it's not even original anymore. For a sci-fi series, it's embarrassing they can't actually have a plot set in some technologically advanced place in time, like modern day. It has to be literally ANCIENT ALIENS for every sequel film now.

Right now the only thing the movies even have going for them that's redeemable in my opinion is Windblade isn't in them. Yet. Because Goddamn seeing what looks like a generic fantasy film set be Transformers content is...well, something I'd expect from a film that made it onto MST3K.

10. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Could just be an opening bit, likening the Autobots to knights or something.

11. RazorX3000

RazorX3000 Cybertronian Monkey

News Credits:

You use italics a lot in all of your posts

12. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    We already know that the Creators and Transformium have been on Earth as long as 65 million years ago and that the Fallen and Primes were here 17,000 years ago.

It only makes sense for the sequels to continue exploring what Transgormers have been getting up to on Earth throughout the REST of our shared history.

Personally, I am IMMENSELY excited for this film and this plotline!

13. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have to agree with you. And this will be 1 of 2 things. Either as some have already said, an opening showing TFs and their connection to our past or we just may get some time travel and see someone/thing(s) travel back to the times of King Author and Merlin.

14. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    hard to know if you are being serious or what? You mean the horse standing just on the other side of the hill top?

15. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

Ok I actually dig the way bay is tying this into ancient ancestry, urban legends and historical and contemporary conspiracy theories....it's awesome to have that link and be able to relate to it and do thought experiments as to how this all fits in.

However I have found that there lies the biggest issues I have with the plots.....where is this all headed!? What is the point to using up all of earths history on films to say we are not and never were alone....but to what end where do you guys think this is all leading....i sincerely hope this is some writing masterpiece that ends up tying the whole of human history into the war for cybertron and then uses it as a base to set up stories going forward in a series of linked stories....rather than clever ways to sell cars and toys with no motive for plot progression.

16. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

Yeah that was a joke. Haha

17. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The one thing that concerns me is that if they disregard stuff like the Allspark, Seekers, the Matrix of Leadership and the Primes.

All that potential... Don't throw it all out.

18. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Sadly, I do have to agree this story is getting repetitive. I mean, it's not like DOTM or AOE ever expanded on a prior version of the story. It's just TF happen to come to Earth, then forget it exists, over and over again. It makes you question if Cybertronians are capable of remembering anything. Then again, maybe this will be different. Maybe they'll actually use AOE to explain why whatever artifact this film uses is on Earth.

19. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Crazy like the Fox

Yeah, I apologize for that - been trying to stop doing it and you know what they say about old habits.

And absolutely nothing important happened as a result of that - all the 65 million years stuff only established that they made dinosaurs into metal, when you could instead make it 'excessive salt deposits' getting turned into metal and the plot does not change.

And then in ROTF all the reason for the ancient Egypt stuff is because they pyramid is hiding the giant sun harvester. Literally nothing else from that time period actually factors into the plot.

Also apparently an ice age happened between then and now given where Megatron ended up.

Except they don't. Seriously, how the hell do dinosaurs impact human history beyond being dead?

Given there literally isn't a thing the movies could do that you would not say this exact phrase about - and you will refuse to answer this statement as you have every single time I've pointed out you won't even say one bad thing about the films - this is not a surprise.

Why do Transformers have to be dependent on human history? Can't there be a film just about, y'know, them without human baggage?

No, that's logic. As Hazekiah even said in another thread, you can't put logic to the TF films. But it's what keeps the films making money...somehow...

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
  20. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Who's to say that perhaps if they take the idea of the Cybertronians setting up colonies on some planets from some of the recent fiction in the brand like IDW and the Algiend universe it would provide and explanation why Earth has so many Cybertronian artifacts/characters on it because it's basically a Cybertronian colony.