Scoria Smoked Dino Head

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by moknbyrd, Aug 31, 2016.

1. moknbyrd

moknbyrd Member

Ebay:
    Someone asked me how to swap the FansToys Scoria head with the Smoked Dino Head. He said it didn't come with instructions. I assumed it would be pretty self explanatory but maybe not.
    Anyone have instructions on this?

Thanks,
    Michael

2. kojacker

kojacker Well-Known Member

3. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you have a nice screwdriver (the one from the Warbotron Shockwave kit, or just something with a thick handle), I'd recommend using that and hope you have a lot of wrist strength. It's not easy to secure the clear head, and if you swap the horns at all (for the Diaclone, it's more accurate to keep the silver chromed horns over the red ones). I swapped the clear head on for the Diaclone & G2 releases and it took me forever to get everything close to as tight as the default head (one head's a little loose even then). I'm really surprised I didn't strip one of the screws.

I don't normally mind dissembling figures when all you have to do is unscrew stuff to add a new head or fix something, but these clear heads were by far the worst time I've had of it. I'd originally planned on going after the toy colors Scoria and getting a clear head for that one, but after doing the Diaclone & G2 heads, naaahhhh, I'm good thanks.