Scenes you think could've been taken out

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by TheMixmaster, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Deathpool

Deathpool EREDEAN WINCHAEGER

News Credits:
    Everyone is saying to cut out the whole farm scene in the beginning. NO. The beginning was the best part, and even though there's not to many robots I really enjoyed it. More than I thought I would. I was taken by surprise with how early in Optimus and Lockdown fought, I always though Lockdown's introduction would come later. I would cut out the elevator scene. Write out Li Bingbing's character, she literally was of no importance. I'm sure Joyce could've found another way to get to his destination without riding on her motorcycle and trying to kiss her. I don't even remember what she did! Did she work for Joshua or something? I don't even remember the first time seeing her. Cut out the Dinobots-if your not gonna do it right don't do it at all. Replace all the Dinobot scenes with more robot action. Crosshairs and Drift did next to nothing in Hong Kong. Hound killed 75% of the vehicons. Now replace the Dinobots and the whole motorcycle/elevator scene with Crosshairs, Drift and Bee getting the same amount of action that Hound had and the Hong Kong battle would've been fine. It was pointed out that the Autobots completely disappeared when Optimus was getting captured. Bee, Crosshairs, Drift, Hound, did nothing. That scene was really intense though. I felt bad for Cade. But Tessa... come on now
    Cade "Tessa break the glass!"
    Tessa *brushes glass with finger* "I'M TRYING!! I CAN'T!!"

2. Deathpool

Deathpool EREDEAN WINCHAEGER

News Credits:
    Also this is more of a nitpick, but when Hound was battling vehicons, I feel like a lot of his lines were just slapped on. He was just saying random shit and it didn't feel like it was supposed to be there. Probably just trying to get Goodman more things to say. Also it was really hard to understand what the robots were saying sometimes. Couldn't understand Drift half the time, couldn't understand Crosshairs sometimes.

3. moylan55

moylan55 Well-Known Member

I'm so out of touch I didn't even realize that beats thing was product placement until this board pointed it out. I thought they were just using beats as like a generic term for music, like "hey man check out these wicked beats I got aren't they cool" LOL!

4. Galvatron Rage

Galvatron Rage Question Authority

Ughhh; definitely. That WAS bad. Blatant product placement always annoys me. It really distracts from the "disbelief" you put yourself in to watch a movie, and makes you realize that you're just a sucker who's essentially being forced to watch a damn commercial.

Let's see. We had obvious placement of:

Beats Audio
    Bud Light
    Victoria's Secret
    Shuhua Milk (that one wasn't obvious to me - I had never heard of it).

....what else?

5. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Chevy lol

6. TrailbreakerADK

TrailbreakerADK Defense Strategist

Do whole plot lines count?

Do whole plot lines count?

-Cut out Tessa and Shane completely. Don't care about them. Should have been just Cade and Optimus.
    -Ditch the whole KSI thing. I know people will cry "muh Galvatrons!" but really, the new KSI-cons didn't really add anything to the story. Just more goons for the Autobots to slice and kill.
    -Seed stuff. C'mon, it's a MacGuffin. It's only purpose is to forward one of the many plot threads this movie has. I don't care what it actually does.
    -Magnet. Just more destruction and explody stuff. Lockdown didn't even need to use it.
    -Dinobots. Hooo boy, what a disappointment. I honestly think the whole metal dinosaur skeleton thing at the beginning was only meant to be some kind of mythology gag, a tease of some sort. But somewhere durning pre-production somebody at Hasbro must have said "put them in there somehow, we need a big 'thing' to draw in audiences." All they really did was stomp around and chomp KSI goons. Didn't really turn the tide.
    -The whole knight thing. What's the deal with that?

At the end of the day, it should have been just a story about the Autobots dealing with the CIA and Lockdown. Would have made for a much leaner and shorter action film.

7. Galvatron Rage

Galvatron Rage Question Authority

Haha, but of course. The Chevy/Cadillac presence was so thick (even in China, apparently....) you almost become numb to it!