1. Of note - we are in the process of upgrading the site to use HTTPS / SSL. In that time, you may be logged in/out depending on what area of the site you are looking at. If you want to be logged into the forums, please log in via https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/login/. If you do that, you will not be logged in while looking at the front page. We hope to have this fixed within the next 24 hours or so.
    Dismiss Notice

Customs: Scale size and decals

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by RodimusDawg, Jul 26, 2007.

1. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hello everyone this is my first post and I'm a newcomers here but not the the world of customizing and modeling.

I was wondeing if anyone knows what scale the movie figures are in particularlly the New 08-09 Bumblebee.

I thinking about a attempt to kitbash him into a movie Rodimus or Hot Rod. Painting the body that megenta red like color and using a head from wreckage.Then find the right decals for flames and use reprolabels for insignias and what not.

So if anyone could give a idea or guess on the scale these toys are it would be greatly appreciated.

2. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    I think they're something close to 1/32nd scale. I think if you get Rodimus Prime or Hot Rod reprolabels, that'd be pretty close to what you need.

3. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    I think they're something close to 1/32nd scale. I think if you get Rodimus Prime or Hot Rod reprolabels, that'd be pretty close to what you need.

4. Cody2003

Cody2003 Well-Known Member

I can't tell you for certain, as I have yet to get my hands on the 09 bumblebee :redface2: , but assuming he's close to scale with barricade he would be 1/32. barricade is pretty accurately 1/32.

as for other figures....

Leader prime is 1/25.

Ironhide is somewhere between 1/35 and 1/32

hope that helps.

Not sure about the others. havn't checked.

5. Cody2003

Cody2003 Well-Known Member

I can't tell you for certain, as I have yet to get my hands on the 09 bumblebee :redface2: , but assuming he's close to scale with barricade he would be 1/32. barricade is pretty accurately 1/32.

as for other figures....

Leader prime is 1/25.

Ironhide is somewhere between 1/35 and 1/32

hope that helps.

Not sure about the others. havn't checked.

6. RodimusDawg

News Credits:
    Thanks for the insight on the other figures Cody and thanks for the Bumblebee one Convoy.

My next question should I use water-slide or rub ons and seal them afterwards? I'd hate to do a water slide and have it shift , or a rub on and have it flake off.

7. RodimusDawg

News Credits:
    Thanks for the insight on the other figures Cody and thanks for the Bumblebee one Convoy.

My next question should I use water-slide or rub ons and seal them afterwards? I'd hate to do a water slide and have it shift , or a rub on and have it flake off.

8. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I can't say for sure about others because I haven't checked, but Prime is definitely NOT 1/25 scale. I have a MASK Rhino that is 1/24 scale and Prime is off by more than 1. He's only about 1/30 scale.

9. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I can't say for sure about others because I haven't checked, but Prime is definitely NOT 1/25 scale. I have a MASK Rhino that is 1/24 scale and Prime is off by more than 1. He's only about 1/30 scale.