Heavy/Scratch: Say hi to (LEGO) Railrazor, Astrotrain's twin brother

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by alanyap, Oct 10, 2016.

1. alanyap

alanyap Will work for LEGO

Railrazor is a twin brother to Astrotrain. It was known that both of them signed up for Shockwave's triple changer experiment to enhance their abilities in battle. However, sensing his benevolent spark slowly eroded by this experiment, he escaped Shockwave's lab but failed to save Astrotrain from the same fate , as his escape was quickly discovered by Shockwave. He lived as a fugitive ever since in the depths of Cybertron (and sometimes flew above radar detection as a space shuttle (with stealth mode activated).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Million of years later, after a long search, Railrazor arrived on Earth after sensing Astrotrain's presense here. However, he crash landed in Japan and assumed a bullet train mode. The partially completed triple changer experiment back in Cybertron prevented him from scanning a second earth-like mode to replace his Cybertronian shuttle mode.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Trivia

• This project /Transformer remained nameless for 2 months before I decided on "Railrazor".
    • It's my habit to build the robot head last, so I was worried how I can cram in the head with my current design. Thanks to google I discovered something called pantograpth. :) 
    • The weaponized train mode for the middle segment was incidental. There were some hollowed space inside the train. While not cram in a few weapons inside to be flipped out, I'd thought. :) 
    • The final color scheme was undecided until I referred to my available hinged bricks.I have much more blue and black of these hinged bricks compared to other color.
    • I blew 2 balljoint socket bricks from constant test-transforming him between modes. RIP dear bricks.
    • The wheels used here are "faux" train wheels made from 2x2 round plates with axle hole. They're not compatible with LEGO train tracks obviously.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for viewing guys. If you wanna see more photos especially the transformation steps, do pay a visit to my blog below:

Alanyuppie's LEGO Transformers: LEGO Triple Changer Railrazor Part 2 of 2: Robot Mode

Railrazor is a twin brother to Astrotrain. It was known that both of them signed up for Shockwave's triple changer experiment to enhance their abilities in battle. However, sensing his benevolent spark slowly eroded by this experiment, he escaped Shockwave's lab but failed to save Astrotrain from the same fate , as his escape was quickly discovered by Shockwave. He lived as a fugitive ever since in the depths of Cybertron (and sometimes flew above radar detection as a space shuttle (with stealth mode activated).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Million of years later, after a long search, Railrazor arrived on Earth after sensing Astrotrain's presense here. However, he crash landed in Japan and assumed a bullet train mode. The partially completed triple changer experiment back in Cybertron prevented him from scanning a second earth-like mode to replace his Cybertronian shuttle mode.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Trivia

• This project /Transformer remained nameless for 2 months before I decided on "Railrazor".
    • It's my habit to build the robot head last, so I was worried how I can cram in the head with my current design. Thanks to google I discovered something called pantograpth. :) 
    • The weaponized train mode for the middle segment was incidental. There were some hollowed space inside the train. While not cram in a few weapons inside to be flipped out, I'd thought. :) 
    • The final color scheme was undecided until I referred to my available hinged bricks.I have much more blue and black of these hinged bricks compared to other color.
    • I blew 2 balljoint socket bricks from constant test-transforming him between modes. RIP dear bricks.
    • The wheels used here are "faux" train wheels made from 2x2 round plates with axle hole. They're not compatible with LEGO train tracks obviously.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for viewing guys. If you wanna see more photos especially the transformation steps, do pay a visit to my blog below:

Alanyuppie's LEGO Transformers: LEGO Triple Changer Railrazor Part 2 of 2: Robot Mode

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Lord Dcast

Lord Dcast Dr Lockdown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    As always, utterly beautiful.

I might have to commission something one day.

3. crippy59

crippy59 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Kibble free in all 3 modes! You make it look all so easy. Yet Hasbro seems to have such a hard time making an aerodynamic airplane or shuttle.

4. LegoTFGuy

LegoTFGuy Master Builder

News Credits:
    Oh my gosh this is absolutely incredible

5. minsok

minsok Well-Known Member

I wish the Titans Astrotrain transformed like this. This is far superior engineering.

6. actual customs

actual customs Well-Known Member

Awesome. I like your work

7. alanyap

alanyap Will work for LEGO

And I shall wait for that day to come :) 

thanks! Titans Astrotrain is a decent toy but I've been waiting for hasbro to produce a realistic looking earthen train mode for him . Sadly this never happened. THis kinda spurred me to build my own trainformer like Railrazor.

I think I must do something about the recently revealed Titans Broadside. his jet mode is dissappointing.