Saturday Hasbro Display Cases US MasterPiece Optimus Prime!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by DESTRO, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Anti Spark

Anti Spark It'S DUB Or Nothing!

News Credits:
    Im so happy we are getting this.

I hope we get MP-11 also!

2. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
    Me too, that would be awesome.

3. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Does no one care to answer my questions?!

:cry 

4. Littleoldman

Littleoldman Well-Known Member

I'm surprised there was no mention of mp-11. I assumed someone could have asked during the q&a.

5. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    The day before botcon I was going to buy it, but changed my mind....

Scary.

6. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No.

7. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes you are right,the feet & the waist of Optimus Prime is die cast

8. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How are we supposed to answer "why not X and Y Voyagers?" We just learned about this. Generations Voyagers are a new thing, just announced.

I KNOW why FoC Soundwave is (gimmick) and why FoC Grimlock probably will be (he's huge!).

9. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    LOL, thanks for reminding me of Grimlock...
    Definitely going to be a voyager.
    And that's a dumb gimmick, and the toy doesn't look good either. I'll stick to my Deluxe. :p 
    ...but optimus
    y u no voyager

10. escutler

escutler Decepticon Air Commander

News Credits:
    Long chrome stacks?!? The trailer?!? In the U.S. version?!? This is so bought, it's not even funny. Assuming I see any :0

11. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    What I don't get is why, an how is it that Takara is able to charge so much more for their version!? No way in hell is MP-10 150 extra to bring over to the US.

12. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's just the nature of the Japanese market. Almost everything's more expensive. That, coupled with the horrible yen to dollar exchange rate made importing MP-10 a really expensive prospect.

So excited for it. Hopefully I can actually find it on TRU shelves, as I've never seen any of the TRU Masterpieces at retail.

13. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got the Takara version but I'm still going to pick this version up! Can't believe he has the long smoke stacks! :) 

14. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    I still can't get over how great this is, and that it even comes with the trailer. I kid you not, right before the Hasbro panel I was just about to take the plunge and order MP10 off of eBay since I've been saving my spare cash for months to purchase it, then remembered that he could still have a US release. Thank goodness I remembered about the panel :lol 

15. blueandwhite

blueandwhite Well-Known Member

The smoke stacks on the US version do seem a bit fatter than the ones on the original Japanese release. Minor differences aside, MP Prime looks incredible. Even if the trailer lacks the paint apps of the Japanese original, the lighter blue on Optimus and the painted blue eyes remind me more of the cartoon. I only hope he's easy to find in Canada. I didn't have too much trouble finding Rodimus or Grimlock so I'm hoping the same will be true for Prime when he is released.

16. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Yeah, keep in mind Japan is the place where anime DVDs used to run $80 for 1 disc with two episodes on it, and they'd expect you to keep that up for a 105 episode show. They pay too much for EVERYTHING. Has anyone here ever paid $80 for a domestic 1-disc dvd? Of course they haven't. People saying "OMG MP-10 costs that much in Japan so how can they bring it out cheaper here?!" need to remember that.

17. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Really, the only thing in Japan that isn't horrifically price-gouged are comics, but they're in black and white and printed on really crappy paper. Though, compared to American comic prices, I may be willing to accept that business model.

18. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    So do you think the mods plan on doing a round up thread with all the goodness from Botcon in it? Honestly, sifting through hundreds of pages for random snips of info is mindnumbing.

19. nathan_s82

nathan_s82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wonder if this will be at SDCC.

20. steve71

steve71 Active Member

I'm sorry but I dont share the same enthusiasum as others when it comes's to the news of MP-10 being released in the U.S by Hasbro. I am a diehard fan of the legendary Optimus Prime, have been since I was a kid, but I still dont believe this new version of Prime holds a candle to MP-01 which I proudly own and heres why. One: MP-10 is shorter then MP-01, Two: Less diecast, 3: Mostly plastic, 4: Less special features such as light up matrix ect and I could go on but I wont. You can add all the small detail you want and you can add the trailer and roller but that still does not impress me in the least because of the 4 reasons I listed. Now IF Takara/Hasbro would have made MP-10 the same height as MP-01 then I may have bit and said yes I will buy him and IF they would have included the diecast and features that MP-01 had then it would have been a done deal for me but they did not. A Masterpeice to me means a toy/figure that is one of a kind/unique and has features others dont have and MP-01 has all that where as MP-10 dont. To me he's more toy then a Masterpeice and I wont pay $100.00 for something like that and thats why I passed on MP-10 the first time out and I will now. That being said. I am very happy for others that are happy that Hasbro is releasing a U.S version. Its their money and if they want to buy MP-10 when he hits TRU shelves then more power to them. I will wait for MP Starscream if and when he comes to U.S TRU stores.