San Diego Comic Con 2018 - Transformers Cyberverse Images

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Onslaught24, Jul 18, 2018.

1. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    It probably is gonna go something like this. Studio Series, POTP, RiD Combiner Force is on shelves now. It'll change to Bumblebee Movie line, Cyberverse wave 1, & G1 rereleases.
    Then NEXT YEAR/WINTER it'll be Studio Series wave 3-4 (in retail I'm sure they will be out other places sooner) Cyberverse wave 2 & up, WFC Seige next year. Something like that.

My Walmart, I bought my voyager POTP figures, but my Wal-Mart hasn't had leader class PERIOD since Generations leader 2 Megatrons per case (ARmada/G1)

These all have the same type of gimmick. Except "scout" class, aka legions class aka Legends class, have half transform gimmicks.

I was thinking the same thing but I'm not sure either even after mulling over the images more then 30 mins each lol

Not quite. Scout Class is the old Legends size (3.5") Warrior Class is staying the same size (5.5"), Ultra is voyager sized (7"), Ultimate is larger then Leader Class OR size of ROTF Leaders (10"). Hope this helps! :) 

The price is down, no?. 14.99 Warrior, 24.99 ultra, 29.99 Ultimate. And it depends on the show & how well it's recieved, No?

It's not a repaint. Plus doesn't the show dictate whether or not it's a direct match. ;-)

I don't think he has to do with this toyline like you think he does.

Until u get hooked on the show like we all did with animated? :D  Joking around aside, u do realize Shockwave doesn't have a regular hand in most incarnations?

Ahhh but you seem to not see the bigger picture which I believe is that instead of cutting down more parts count and more hollow parts, let alone keeping the costs from rising, this unification may be protecting us from all that PLUS Hasbro adult figures are FINALLY the correct decos after 18 years of them screwing up! It's beautiful!

Ultra class are 24.99 & 7" to 7.5" inches (& Ultimate Class is a whopping 10" !!! Not to mention only 29.99!) :D 

Doubt it but these are supposed to be pretty solid once we get into the more collector sizes (Ultra & Ultimate)

Warrior has right elbow, not left. Ultimate has none but has dual hips, dual shoulders, deep knees, head, and (technically has) butterfly joints ;) 

Depends on how well the show is received I'm guessing.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2018
  2. firmpulse

firmpulse milliradian practitioner

Yeah. I know.

3. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    How Hasbro handled the Bumblebee line is how they should've handled Cyberverse; gimmicks not compromising transformations, a few larger, fully articulated figures with gimmicks that don't get in the way and a select few figures made in the mainline(in this case Generations: SIEGE) whereas in Bumblebee it's Studio Series.

• Like Like x 2
  4. carnerd3000

carnerd3000 "This is bad comedy."

I barely know what to say about this line in general. I'm gonna sound like a broken record, but this is exactly what I was afraid of seeing: overly simplified toys of what, in my opinion, looks like pretty badass-looking characters. I have no idea what the cartoon will be like, but I absolutely love the way the characters look. I know this is supposed to be a cartoon for kids, but why can't the regular toys at least have more paint applications? They look worse than the RID 2015 toys, which looked okay for the most part, but not spectacular. And those Scout class toys - at least from a collectors' standpoint, they look like an absolute joke. I literally laughed at the picture of the Scout class Megatron. Again I know this is supposed to be for kids, but even the Rescue Bots toys look more appealing than this. If I get any of these toys, it will probably just be the Ultra or Ultimate class stuff.

5. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    I already saw a number of these in a local store and...I suppose they're good for little kids, and it's cool they're still giving the characters a very G1 vibe.

The gimmicks to me look stupid, but again...this is for kids.

What irked me slightly though is that they're reusing a number of molds from the Robots in Disguise line. At least with the one-step changers as Blurr despite the box art showing him with a more G1 inspired head...actually is the same figure from RiD, Robot Heroes head and all. Same with Soundwave I believe.

6. VortexPrime

VortexPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All the budget clearly went into WFC figures

• Like Like x 2
  7. tabtiurf

tabtiurf Chimeracon

Acid storm looks more girly than slipstream. Good job, hasbro!

8. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    This line had a lot of potential going in but I think there are pretty bad misfires because I already foresee half of this ending up in ROSS by Spring 2019.

The scouts should've just been legion figures. No gimmick, just transformable at a small size and actually able to transform into something. Transforming halfway into a vehicle at most for some spring gimmick is something I would expect from a Happy Meal toy, not something that's going to be like $6 at retail.

Once kids and parents figure out that the Warriors are primarily gimmick based and $15 they're pretty much DOA to me. Oh the show is good? Don't matter. I watched G1 reruns on Sci fi growing up and wanted the toys. Imagine my horror when I saw how certain toys actually were, like G2 Starscream(my 1st time owning a seeker mold). In 1992 I already felt like the figure was very dated and soon grew out of it. It at least had a cool jet mode. When Classics Starscream came around 14 years later it was like a god send to me, didn't need to keep track of fists and a detachable landing gear!

These? Some of these don't even completely transform. I saw 1 figure that looks like Optimus is about to transform but instead sits on reversed legs and swings an axe. For $6+? That's all it can do? This is why some of us just want transformation itself to be a gimmick because sometimes intrusive gimmicks(like on Cyberverse) can compromise the figure. It's not really a Transformer to me at that point.

Clearly I'm not the target market and who am I to blame a kid/parent for wanting an Optimus figure that costs less than $10? What if I was a kid and my parents said no when I wanted a $20 Optimus? Point is, there should be cheaper alternatives, just not this compromised!

I'm not even buying most of the Bumblebee line but I respect how Hasbro handled it because it's not as compromised as Cyberverse. A good cartoon and marketing initiative will not sell bad toys.

Some of the cyberverse toys could've been saved. I saw a video review for Warrior Optimus and was shocked at how underwhelming it seemed. Odd and limited arm articulation with ball hips/knees. Functional articulation was pretty much from the waist down.

Hasbro ought to improve any Cyberverse toys beyond the waves we see here. A good cartoon is not going to move dead weight.

• Like Like x 1
  9. DesertDog

DesertDog dusty, but trusty

In the Alberta Rockies on my Triumph Tiger 800XC
    Acid Storm. Must buy Acid Storm. Acid Storm is life.

10. Feralstorm

Feralstorm To Infinity - and Your Mom TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think the scout figures bother me more than anything in this line, with their incomplete alt-modes. As I see it, either make a cheap, gimmicky Transformer, or a cheap, gimmicky action figure, not some half-assed halfway point between the two. Personally, I think kids deserve better than that. It will be interesting to see how (or IF) these sell. I'm predicting shelf-warming, but I've been wrong plenty of times before, so we'll see.

11. Stormbreaker

Stormbreaker Renegade

Sigh...does anyone know if a third party company is doing a female slipstream mold? i really want a good looking Slipstream and the repaints and whatever this is, is not doing it for me

12. maxxzander

maxxzander Well-Known Member

Agreed.. that face!!! Urgh!!! And the fake fans on those wings ...

13. maxxzander

maxxzander Well-Known Member

Exactly.. this was my first ever 3p purchase... and I regretted getting it..

14. ilovebw

ilovebw Well-Known Member

windblades face looks scary...

15. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm still waiting for some 3rd party group to make an MP Windblade and Slipstream to go on my shelf...

16. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Hey, we have not seen a sneak preview of the new series yet.

17. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Showed at SDCC. Looks like a mix between RID and Machinima series.

18. MekaGojira3k

MekaGojira3k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Ultra Shockwave looks like he has basic articulation?

Is everyone except Shockwave cursed?

19. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's evil!"

News Credits:
    Retailers over ordered wave 1 product, especially Walmart who ordered a June pallet drop filled with MORE wave 1 TLK and Titans Return figures. There's only so many people who want a repainted Bumblebee, Barricade and Berserker. Walmart never quite recovered from that, with only wave 2 ever really showing up after some stores finally exhausted their supply...only to get wave 1 again as warehouses found more cases sitting around that needed to be shipped from BEFORE the pallet drop.

Target, meanwhile, is doing okay. Wave 2 finally sold through right around Christmas...and that's when stores go into reset mode and inventory checks. Now there's some leftover wave 2 product just sitting in warehouses while Target stores are holding up ordering product while in sell-down mode. After the reset, the retail space has shrank and is slowing down sales. As a result, Target never sells enough to justify ordering wave 3.

ToysRUs, meanwhile, only ever ordered through wave 2 before they began preparing for shutdown.

And then there was the sticker shock of $20 deluxes and $30 voyagers. I think that slowed things down a tad, too. But I think Hasbro believes fans will get over it as they doubled down on it for Studio Series and War For Cybertron.

So, it's a perfect storm of:

Poor toy selection
    Retailers over-ordering/pallet drop situation
    Retailers want Q1 product but don't usually order it (left hand vs right hand sort of thing)*
    Sticker shock

*You also need to remember that retail purchasers (I'm talking about the representatives who go to ToyFair and decide what product is going to make it to store shelves) are very different from store floor department managers who are managing shelf product and stocking them. Retail purchasers want new product for stores every 3 months (every fiscal quarter) and arrange for resets to accommodate this product. Store managers, however, are more interested in making sure they have the least amount of clearance product and are willing to allow product that hasn't sold to perpetuate itself until you've seen a single wave on a store shelf for over a year. Target at least has a good clearance policy...but it's generally for transitional branding. They don't clear out wave 1 product for wave 3...they will clear out Titans Return for Power of the Primes, though. But, again, that means a flood of wave 1 product to fill all the store shelves.

As long as Hasbro is accommodating the 4 waves per year policy that retail purchasers desire, there's going to be product that falls through the crack at retail, TLK, Titans Return, whatever. We would be much better served if Hasbro would do 2 waves per year with a max character load out, 8 characters per deluxe case. But that also means there's a risk that crappier sellers will hold up ordering...but that's kind of where we are right now anyway...

20. Transformers Database

Transformers Database Ramdeen Studios

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:

• Like Like x 3