San Diego Comic Con 2018 - Collector Preview Breakfast

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Onslaught24, Jul 19, 2018.

1. AndreyOfDoom

AndreyOfDoom maximize

News Credits:
    Wow Ultra Magnus alt mode is a straight homage to 2001 RID car robots Magnus!!

• Like Like x 3
  2. waffel

waffel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    God damn, I love that Magnus vehicle mode

3. captain N

captain N Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ultra Maguns looks like in his truck form the 2001 RID Ultra Maguns. I'm going to get him just for that. Who ever made him was thinking of the 2001 RID. I Loved the 2001 RID. I Still hope to this day it gets a complete series dvd set.

• Like Like x 1
  4. UltraPrimal

UltraPrimal YouTuber (she/they)‍️‍

News Credits:
    This is crap. This whole line is so uninspired it's disgusting.

Ironhide - Ironhide is literally Snowcat. He is literally the Energon Snowcat toy reskined and given the hammer from Prime Ultra Magnus. The voyager toy's, not the Forge of Solus one.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Ultra Magnus - So what? He transformers from RiD Ultra Magnus's alt mode to G1 Ultra Magnus's robot mode? And again, every square inch of him is covered in greebles. Doesn't really seem to do anything we haven't seen before. Moving on.

Chromia - She looks like ass. She looks exactly the PotP Moonracer toy, but covered in greebles. She even still has a big backpack hanging off her, but now it's empty and totally pointless because there's no combiner mechanism in there. Here's a comparison of this new Chromia on the left with Moonracer on the right.
    [since the mods saw fit to remove the previous image, which I guess was a bit too on the nose for some people, just imagine a prune next to a plum or a raisin next to a grape]

Hound - Looks like Hound but greeble-ified! Wow. Next!

Cog - Literally just an updated version of the original toy. Comes apart and his limbs turn into guns and his torso becomes a shield. OK.

Sideswipe - Turns into some kind of cyberpunk lambo, which is cool. Robot mode looks exactly like the MP, which is cool, I guess. But I just can't get excited for yet another Sideswipe toy.

Prime - Speaking of characters with too many toys. So this one has the forearm wing flaps that the G1 toy had? That was really something they wanted to homage? Unnecessary kibble? Whatever. Another Prime to the mountain of G1 Primes.

Micromasters and Battlemasters - Meh. Not much to say about these guys. The only one I was looking forward to was Swindler and he looks enough not like a DeLorean for me to not care anymore about him. Although, who knows. On sale? Maybe. Also, I'm guess we're only getting 2-packs of these guys, not 4-packs like the original. Meaning either you have to buy 2 sets to have to original team, or half of every squad got fucked and aren't getting figures.

Overall, this line is one solid pass.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  5. j.a.f.o.

j.a.f.o. Just Browsing/Not Buying

Well, it is "War for Cybertron."

And what iiiiis it good for?

(Everybody sing...)

• Like Like x 4
  6. Trip2boy

Trip2boy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Nice. I\'m looking forward to getting that Ironhide, and Sideswipe looks pretty sweet too. Also MASSIVE ULTRA MAGNUS. Honestly I\'m not sure what I expected from the Bumblebee movie toylike, I mean it\'s basically YELLOW with some Barricade, Hot Rod, Dropkick, and Megatron(?) scattered in there. This is the first time I\'m more excited about a G1 line over a movie line lol.

• Like Like x 1
  7. rosewater

rosewater Well-Known Member

Waaaay too many details and panel lines. Jesus.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Skreeonk

Skreeonk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love my CW UM, but wasn't a big fan of the hollow cab for Minimus. But this, this makes me happy. Hopefully we get to see pics of the cab bot!

• Like Like x 2
  9. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Show me the Sixgun pics!

I can see Cog .....

• Like Like x 6
  10. optimusbee

optimusbee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually, we are getting a legends VW Bumblebee in the Bumblebee movie line.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    Ironhide looks awesome. Easy retool to ratchet and Energon Inferno too.
    Ultra Magnus, that's freaking sweet and an awesome dual homage to RID Magnus. Makes it feel like that Magnus was a young Magnus which I like that concept.
    Sideswipe looks even better.

Heck yes to Chromia! Was expecting Lancer and her other compatriot, but Chromia from that mold is a welcome Elita-Infinite addition. Hope she still has limb modes.
    WFC is looking awesome! These are definitely the versions that are going to replace some older classics that needed new ones. Now if they'd only bring in Devcon, Armada Blur(new name?), and Lockdown, that'd be perfect. Really looking forward to this line.

Chromia is a surprise, though I was expecting those two more limbs for Elita-Infinite. As I've said before, Hasbro teases what's to come in the previous. And Elita-1, Nova Star, and Moonracer were the only cybertronian modes in POTP. So it seemed kind of obvious WFC would have the last two limbs then for her and finish out Elita's team. Now I'm curious though if she'll get more figures in WFC and have her choice of limbs. Her team is 6 bots with herself included. So we might get either one more retool of that mold, or a new mold used twice again. Hoping for more though, and would love to see Ariel redone from it twice. Once in her Animated colors, and once in her G1 colors.

• Like Like x 2
  12. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What is up with UM's chest plate? Is that all sculpted detail or "battle damage"? is looks like a low res 3D print

13. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, they're really milking the cassette nostalgia thing. Is there really a need for two different role-play masks? Again?

I think they've kind of spoilt things with all those advance reveals. At least there are a few new Generation figures we hadn't seen yet.

• Like Like x 1
  14. OuterSpaceCrab

OuterSpaceCrab Crustacean

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  15. Sauce Guy

Sauce Guy Well-Known Member

Where are the cons?
    And I'm baffled that the BB movie gimmick toys had more effort put into them than the Cyberverse line

• Like Like x 1
  16. Phenotype

Phenotype Well-Known Member

I hope it doesn't say something controversial this time.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Astoriacrew

Astoriacrew Well-Known Member

War for Cybertron must haves:
    Ultra Magnus
    Hound
    Optimus Prime
    Chromia
    Ironhide
    Sideswipe
    Micro/Targetmasters
    Cog

G1 reissues:
    Bumblebee
    Starscream (because reasons, LOL)

• Like Like x 2
  18. Jtprime17

Jtprime17 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Micro master are confirmed two packs at the 10 dollar price point sad we don't have full teams

19. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Also, does anyone else think they went a little overboard on some of the sculpted details for these figures? Some of them look very \"busy\" to me

• Like Like x 8
  20. Ultra Collectibles

Ultra Collectibles Well-Known Member

I love that Ironhide and Ultra Magnus.