San Diego Comic Con 2018 - Collector Preview Breakfast

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Onslaught24, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Masktique

Masktique #1 Sideways Fan

News Credits:
    Did you mean Vos instead of Tarn? And did you mean Weaponizer, not Targetmaster (since Cog is a Deluxe Weaponizer)?

2. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

Dude, it means the same thing. That's like "correcting" Headmaster to Titanmaster. And no, I know who Vos is and he's an obvious choice to be made into a Targetmaster.

• Like Like x 1
  3. cutestprincess

cutestprincess Well-Known Member

No, correcting Targetmaster to Battlemaster would be like that. Weaponizer is straight up a completely different thing.

• Like Like x 2
  4. ultramagnus80

ultramagnus80 Banned

Overall, yes. But, that doesn't mean that a movie doesn't increase sales.

5. ultramagnus80

ultramagnus80 Banned

I totally understand where you are coming from. My entire collection is centered around bots that could be shoehorned in with the WFC/FOC line. Even I, who hates this new line (mainly because of the price point and the fact that most of these are not what I thought of when we were told they were supposed be more Cybertronian) am thinking about throwing down the $20 for that Ironhide. Mainly because my WFC Ironhide, sadly, is Takara Prime Ironhide. Cool figure, but way too short. This new one actually looks like a Cybertronian van-type vehicle. I assume you might do the same in your collection as with mine, so tell me, do you think that the majority of the Thrilling 30 figures can be repurposed as WFC figures? Like Hoist, Trailcutter, Skids, Crosscut, Springer, Sandstorm, Doubledealer, and Blitzwing? As far as Grimlock goes, I would count on it sometime in this line. Ever since AOE came out and RID started, he has received a release in every line, except Rescue Bots. And it would be interesting to see how he looks!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  6. ultramagnus80

ultramagnus80 Banned

I saw this set yesterday and I thought that Hasbro was just a bunch of trolling, money grubbing pricks for doing this. They took a bot that they knew everyone wanted (Rumble.....Frenzy....whatever.......to me it is Rumble) and rather than releasing him as a regular wave figure, they stuff him into a full set that is gonna run you about $50, with other stuff no one wants(except maybe that shameless Ravage repaint...because its blue and some people like to collect everything)

Just low......

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Masktique

Masktique #1 Sideways Fan

News Credits:
    I’m just trying to figure out what you meant, since I don’t feel that Tarn really fits the concept of Weaponizer or Targetmaster, while Vos could be (and I guess technically is) a Targetmaster or could also work as a Weaponizer. But hey, if you want a Weaponizer Tarn then more power to ya, and since Tarn has a fascination with transformation (right? I’m not very well-versed in the IDWverse) they could use that as an excuse to do Tarn the same way as Cog.

8. ToaDraco

ToaDraco Lightning Strike Coalition Force

Ebay:
    Yeah I think it's a pretty safe bet we'll get Grimlock in this line for the reasons you've stated. About re-purposing those figures, I'd have to go back and look at them but a couple of em' might work. Ironhide is probably my favorite of this wave too, definitely a highlight and certainly one of my favorite characters. I honestly didn't have strong expectations going into this wave other than I expected more crazy-looking alt-modes but I really like what we're getting. I can certainly understand if the aesthetic isn't for everyone. I'm just impressed by how much effort Hasbro actually put into this new line, it's really refreshing.

• Like Like x 1
  9. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    I asked about Starsaber to the marketing team who told me that they could give no information about if there was a project. But that they know he is popular and that there is demand.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

Whoah...it’s gonna be $50? Damn! I hope that won’t be trouble, I need that Rumble!

11. Jtprime17

Jtprime17 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No confirmation on price yet.

12. goldenboy1on1

goldenboy1on1 Well-Known Member

Totally down for the G1 reissues. Hopefully I can find devestator.

13. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Bring on Starsaber!

• Like Like x 3
  14. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 IMPOSSIBRU!

Facebook:
    YouTube:
    This. A Targetmaster/Battlemaster is a little robot (or alien in armor) that turns into a gun. A weaponizer is a regular size robot that turns into a vehicle and splits into weaponry and armor a la Godbomber.

• Like Like x 2
  15. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just realized Shogo Hasui also attended SDCC Convention. It would be something if he was the catalysis for this WFC Siege armor UM as a 2nd attempt from the MP22 rejection. He would be my hero if that was the case, lol.

Despite my distraction from the WFC UM, let me turn my attention elsewhere:
    *Cog - Wow, so cool man! Whoever own Titan FMax, if you don't own Cog, I say you might as well just sell your FMax. I can't wait to see *Sixgun. Although I don't have Titan Metroplex due to limit of space, but I would purchase Sixgun as an accessory for WFC UM to use. That's how much I love Metroplex and I'm willing to pay his minions. Hopefully they make Slammer too.
    *Ironhide - Love it all around. He looks more G1 accurate than the MP version in robot mode, lol
    *Chromia - Best Chromia figure so far.
    *Hound - Another amazing figure in both mode.
    *Lionize - Lion mode looks so cool. I could use him for my WFC UM pet.
    *Prime - like the robot mode, alt.mode is so-so.
    *Micromasters/Targetmaster - Good to see their return. This will rejuvenate my interest of the 90s' and Dreamwave comic. I may get the Car Patrol (red car) and the Rescue Patrol (police car).
    *Accessories light-effect - I wonder if it comes with the toy or sell as bundle and compatible with all the gun port.
    *Bee Movie/Bay Movie Studio figures - Not a fan, so pass from me.

In conclusion, I don't recall the last SDCC where I love so many figures/lines from one convention. I can't wait to see the next revelation in NY Comic Con where Hasbro will likely introduce the Decepticons.

16. denebian

denebian Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    From the slides, it looks like all the accessory light-effects come with the Battlemasters/Targetmasters, and are compatible with all the 3mm mount points.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Louise Belcher

Louise Belcher Autobot loves Android

News Credits:
    It doesn't increase enough, my point stay still. Investing in cartoons aimed at kids is more important and far more crucial to TF toy sales.

So politics are only allowed to certain stances? Only certain group can express political views and others aren't?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Jtprime17

Jtprime17 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    tformers has their interview with warden up

• Like Like x 2
  19. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

Hopefully they make another blade themed Battlemaster that comes with that same slash effect, I want to be able to do this without having to buy doubles.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  20. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 Stop on red but leave on amber Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    The political talk stops here. That includes any mention in anyway shape or form of Trump, Putin, Russia, and pretty much anything that isn't directly related to the topic.

If you see a rule-breaking post report it.

• Like Like x 1